Beyond the Orange Shirt Story
Beyond the Orange Shirt Story is a unique collection of truths, as told by six generations of Phyllis Webstad's family that will give readers an up-close look at what life was like before, during, and after their Residential School experiences. In this book, Survivors and Intergenerational Survivors share their stories authentically and in their own words. Readers of this book will become more aware of a number of challenges faced by many Indigenous peoples in Canada. With this awareness comes learning and unlearning, understanding, acceptance, and change. Phyllis's hope is that all Canadians honour the lives and experiences of Survivors and their families as we go Beyond the Orange Shirt Story. (From Medicine Wheel Education)
- Phyllis Webstad reflects on inspiring Orange Shirt Day and starting a movement
- Orange Shirt Day founder writes children's book about residential school experience
- Winnipeg students wear orange shirts to honour residential school survivors
- What is Orange Shirt Day?
- How Phyllis Webstad's 1st day at residential school inspired a movement