Agent Running in the Field
John le Carré
Set in London in 2018, Agent Running in the Field follows a twenty-six year old solitary figure who, in a desperate attempt to resist the new political turbulence swirling around him, makes connections that will take him down a very dangerous path. In his plot and characterization le Carré is as thrilling as ever and in the way he writes about our times he proves himself, once again, to be the greatest chronicler of our age. (From Viking)
Agent Running in the Field is available in Oct. 2019.
Le Carré is the pen name of David Cornwell, who worked as a spy for Britain's intelligence service during the Cold War. His most famous character is the spy George Smiley, who most recently appeared in the novel A Legacy of Spies.
- John le Carré on war, terror and writing his biography
- What is John le Carré reading?
- John le Carré on his legacy as a spy-turned-novelist
- John le Carré's favourite adaptations of his books
- 32 works of fiction from around the world to watch for this fall
Interviews with John le Carré