20 books every Canadian should read before high school
Get ready for the next chapter of your life by reading one of these Canadian titles.
Entering high school can bring about nerves, excitement and growing pains. What better way to get ready for the next big chapter of your life than with a great book?
- This One Summer by Mariko Tamaki
- Swimming in the Monsoon Sea by Shyam Selvadurai
- One in Every Crowd by Ivan E. Coyote
- Skraelings by Rachel Qitsualik-Tinsley & Sean Qitsualik-Tinsley
- Goodbye Buffalo Bay by Larry Loyie, with Constance Brissenden
- Anne of Gables by L.M. Montgomery
- Alice, I Think by Susan Juby
- Elijah of Buxton by Christopher Paul Curtis
- Little Brother by Cory Doctorow