15 Canadian #IndigenousReads for young readers
Terrific young adult, middle grade and picture books in honour of Indigenous Book Club Month.
Check out our #IndigenousReads recommendations for younger readers, written by Indigenous Canadian authors.
- Skraelings by Rachel Qitsualik-Tinsley & Sean Qitsualik-Tinsley, illustrated by Andrew Trabbold
- Grey Eyes by Frank Christopher Busch
- Lightfinder by Aaron Paquette
- Goodbye Buffalo Bay by Larry Loyie, with Constance Brissenden
- The Girl Who Grew a Galaxy by Cherie Dimaline
- No Time to Say Goodbye by Sylvia Olsen, with Rita Morris and Ann Sam
- Fatty Legs by Christy Jordan-Fenton & Margaret Pokiak-Fenton, illustrated by Liz Amini-Holmes
- Will's Garden by Lee Maracle
- Neekna and Chemai by Jeannette Armstrong, illustrated by Barbara Marchand
- My Name Is Arnaktauyok by Germaine Arnaktauyok and Gyu Oh
- Little You by Richard Van Camp, illustrated by Julie Flett
- Sweetest Kulu by Celina Kalluk, illustrated by Alexandria Neonakis
- How the Fox Got His Crossed Legs collected by Virginia Football, illustrated by James Wedzin