Martina Fitzgerald hosts the weekend edition of CBC Radio's World Report.
Fitzgerald has been working in news and current affairs for 20 years. Stops in Belleville and Kingston, Ont. eventually led her to Toronto, where she joined CBC Radio in 2002. From national radio sports, she was soon recruited to work in regional and national news. She has also hosted Ontario Morning and Here and Now.
A strong believer in mentoring, Fitzgerald has taught broadcast journalism and radio broadcasting at Seneca and Loyalist Colleges. She is also a former chair and current member of the Loyalist College Radio Broadcasting Advisory Committee.
Fitzgerald was born in Brockville, and raised in Kingston, Ont.
Producer, World Report
- new Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51 video
- A monstrous tornado almost a kilometre wide roared through the Oklahoma City suburbs Monday, flattening entire neighbourhoods, destroying an elementary school and killing at least 51 people, with the death toll expected to rise.
- new Baseball fuels dreams, desperation in Dominican Republic video
- The Toronto Blue Jays have a number of stars from the Dominican Republic, but in the shadow of these successful players is an equally important story about hope and poverty, and a country desperately struggling to balance the two.
- North Korea fires weapons after 'rocket launching tests'
- North Korea continued firing short-range weapons over its own eastern waters today after a weekend of what it called "rocket launching tests" intended to bolster deterrence against enemy attack. South Korean officials were investigating exactly what the North was testing.
- Yahoo buys Tumblr blogging site for $1.1B
- Yahoo is buying online blogging forum Tumblr for $1.1 billion as CEO Marissa Mayer tries to rejuvenate an internet icon that had fallen behind the times.
- live Oklahoma tornado aftermath and rescue
- Follow our CBC live blog for the latest information on the Oklahoma tornadoes, including rescue and recovery efforts by emergency officials.