Martina Fitzgerald hosts the weekend edition of CBC Radio's World Report.
Fitzgerald has been working in news and current affairs for 20 years. Stops in Belleville and Kingston, Ont. eventually led her to Toronto, where she joined CBC Radio in 2002. From national radio sports, she was soon recruited to work in regional and national news. She has also hosted Ontario Morning and Here and Now.
A strong believer in mentoring, Fitzgerald has taught broadcast journalism and radio broadcasting at Seneca and Loyalist Colleges. She is also a former chair and current member of the Loyalist College Radio Broadcasting Advisory Committee.
Fitzgerald was born in Brockville, and raised in Kingston, Ont.
Producer, World Report
- Updated Trump calls Brexit 'great,' slams Germany's migrant policy
- U.S. president-elect Donald Trump says the U.K. was "so smart" for deciding to leave the European Union, and he believes other countries will follow Britain's lead.
- Cargo plane crashes into village in Kyrgyzstan, killing at least 37
- A Turkish cargo jet crashed near Kyrgyzstan's Manas airport on Monday, killing at least 37 people, most of them residents of a village struck by the Boeing 747 as it tried to land in dense fog, Kyrgyz officials said.
- Samsung Group chief faces arrest, accused of paying millions in bribes
- South Korea's special prosecutors' office said it will seek a warrant to arrest the head of Samsung Group, the country's biggest conglomerate, as a corruption scandal engulfing President Park Geun-hye escalated on Monday.
- Opinion The only skill needed to spin for Trump? A total lack of shame
- They aren’t there to engage in the healthy back-and-forth between government and the press. They’re there to provoke the kind of hysterics that usually end up discrediting the media.
- Analysis Trump may be inaugurating an era of market failure in economics and ideas: Don Pittis
- The idea that U.S. president-elect Donald Trump can make America great has caused markets to soar. But when truth has become so fragile, can free markets function?