As difficult as counting raindrops
The situation in Haiti is dire this morning. Hundreds of thousands of people are waiting for a global rescue effort to start.
The country's president says at least 100-thousand people are dead. A Haitian senator says the death toll may be closer to half a million. One Haitian said putting a number on the death toll will be as hard as counting raindrops.
The BBC's Matthew Price, reporting from Port au Prince says bodies are left lying in the streets and hospitals are overwhelmed.
The Canadian DART (Disaster Assistance Response Team) is en route and determining what role Canada can play.
Meanwhile the Better Business Bureau is warning against fake charities and telling Canadians to be sure they know the charities they are donating to.
- Updated Suspect arrested, town in mourning after deadly Seattle-area mall shooting
- A suspect in the fatal shooting of five people at a Washington state mall was taken into custody on Saturday, Washington State Patrol spokesman Keith Leary said in a telephone interview.
- Charlotte police release videos of Keith Scott's fatal shooting video
- Charlotte, N.C., police have released body and dashboard camera footage of the shooting of a black man after several days of demonstrations that have coalesced around demands that the public see the videos. The footage did not show whether Keith Lamont Scott was holding a gun.
- Nearly 2M people without running water as fighting escalates in Aleppo
- Syrian government forces captured a rebel-held area on the edge of Aleppo on Saturday, and nearly two million people were without running water following an escalation in fighting over the past few days.
- Video 5 unforgettable moments in U.S. presidential debate history
- From Lloyd Bentson's "You're no Jack Kennedy" to Gerald Ford's misreading of Cold War geopolitics, quips and missteps from U.S. election debates have been going viral long before the age of social media. In the lead-up to the first U.S. presidential debate between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, we look at five memorable moments from debates past.
- Pippa Middleton's account hacked, thousands of photos stolen
- London police say they are investigating the reported hacking of the iCloud account of Pippa Middleton, younger sister of the Duchess of Cambridge, and the alleged theft of 3,000 photographs.