Anger Rising in Haiti
Thousands of Haitians spent a third night on the streets. Bodies are piled everywhere. An estimated 50-thousand people have died. Thousands are still trapped in the rubble. UN Peacekeepers says survivors are becoming increasingly angry that aid has not reached them.
Meanwhile, aid workers are gathering on the border with Dominican Republic. They are waiting to get into the country to help. The aid effort is being hampered by damaged infrastructure. Almost no help has reached quake ravaged communities outside the capital Port au Prince.
The CBC has set up a web site to try to help with the search for loved ones. Photos can be uploaded and information can be posted. Check out the site here.
- Analysis Trump's jabs, Clinton's upraised palms could reveal who has the upper hand in debates video
- It's not what you say; it's how you say it. Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump would be well advised to remember that adage when taking the stage at Hofstra University in Hempstead, N.Y., Monday night for the first U.S. presidential debate. We break down what their gestures tell us about the two candidates.
- At least 26 killed in Aleppo as United Nations meets over Syria
- At least 26 civilians were killed in fresh government airstrikes on the contested city of Aleppo, Syrian activists said Sunday, as the United Nations Security Council convened an emergency meeting on the spiralling violence in Syria.
- Russian actions in Aleppo 'barbarism,' not counter-terrorism, says U.S. ambassador at UN
- Russia's actions in Syria amount to "barbarism," not counter-terrorism as Moscow insists, Samantha Powers, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, said on Sunday.
- Arnold Palmer, 'The King' of golf, dead at 87
- Arnold Palmer, one of golf's greatest players whose immense popularity drew a legion of fans known as 'Arnie's Army' and helped propel the game just as television was coming of age, died on Sunday at the age of 87, the U.S. Golf Association and golf media reported.
- Kidnapped Mexico priest found dead, 3rd clergyman killed in a week
- A Mexican priest was found murdered in the central state of Michoacan, the state attorney general said on Sunday, the third to be killed in the country in less than a week.