Space... and Beyond
You may soon boldly go where many others have gone before...
Billionaire business executive Richard Branson unveiled a space ship last night to take us all to new heights. If you have the money.
SpaceShipTwo is designed to take 6 passengers and two pilots into near space for a few minutes.
They can experience weightlessness and a magnificent view of earth.
One ticket costs 200-thousand dollars and Branson says 300 people have already signed up to go.
The spaceship is about the size of an executive jet and if all goes well..... the first flight will be in 2011. It's cool.... but is it really the sexiest spaceship ever?
- ISIS fighting near Fallujah creates 'dire situation' video
- Islamic State fighters halted an Iraqi army assault on the city of Fallujah with a counter-attack at its southern gates on Tuesday, while the United Nations warned of peril for civilians trapped in the city and used by militants as human shields.
- Donald Trump spells out charitable gifts, veterans demand apology
- Presumptive Republican U.S. presidential nominee Donald Trump today gave the names of dozens of charities that he said received millions of dollars from his fundraising efforts earlier this year for causes helping veterans.
- WHO updates Zika virus warning to wait at least 8 weeks before trying to conceive
- The UN health agency says sexual transmission of Zika is more common than first thought, so its updated advice to women who have been in areas hit by the virus tells them to wait even longer to conceive.
- Minivan-sized sponge off Hawaii is biggest ever found
- The team of scientists on a deep-sea expedition in the waters off Hawaii discovered what they say is the world's largest known sponge.
- Cincinnati police investigate parents of boy who got into gorilla pen video
- Police say they are investigating the parents of the three-year-old boy who fell into a gorilla enclosure at the Cincinnati Zoo and had to be rescued by a team that shot and killed the animal.