Space... and Beyond
You may soon boldly go where many others have gone before...
Billionaire business executive Richard Branson unveiled a space ship last night to take us all to new heights. If you have the money.
SpaceShipTwo is designed to take 6 passengers and two pilots into near space for a few minutes.
They can experience weightlessness and a magnificent view of earth.
One ticket costs 200-thousand dollars and Branson says 300 people have already signed up to go.
The spaceship is about the size of an executive jet and if all goes well..... the first flight will be in 2011. It's cool.... but is it really the sexiest spaceship ever?
- SPECIAL REPORT CBC goes to the front lines in the battle for Aleppo
- Aleppo is 'the jewel of Syria.' It's also where the government is hoping to win the Syrian civil war, writes Margaret Evans.
- U.S. Congress moves ahead bill to simplify border crossing
- A long-awaited bill to simplify crossing the Canadian-U.S. border was introduced in American Congress Wednesday.
- Standing Rock leader tells protest camp it's time to go home video
- An Indigenous leader in North Dakota has told people who have been staying in a massive camp, set up months ago to oppose a contentious pipeline, that it's time to pack up and go home.
- PHOTOS Time's Person of the Year: Not always an honour, but often historic
- President-elect Donald Trump is the 2016 pick, 'for better or worse,' says the magazine. Here's a look at some past recipients, some highly acclaimed, some not.
- Retired general tapped for Homeland Security post, climate change denier to run environmental agency
- Donald Trump embraced new cabinet officers Wednesday whose backgrounds suggest he's primed to put tough actions behind his campaign rhetoric on immigration and the environment, even as he seemed to soften his year-long stance on immigrants brought to the U.S. illegally as children.