Space... and Beyond
You may soon boldly go where many others have gone before...
Billionaire business executive Richard Branson unveiled a space ship last night to take us all to new heights. If you have the money.
SpaceShipTwo is designed to take 6 passengers and two pilots into near space for a few minutes.
They can experience weightlessness and a magnificent view of earth.
One ticket costs 200-thousand dollars and Branson says 300 people have already signed up to go.
The spaceship is about the size of an executive jet and if all goes well..... the first flight will be in 2011. It's cool.... but is it really the sexiest spaceship ever?
- Analysis Is Russia's fight with Ukraine as intractable as the Middle East? video
- If the world seems like a confusing, chaotic place right now with rampant, sudden, often tribal violence, and no one seemingly in charge, that's because it is, Brian Stewart writes.
- Updated Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17: Cockpit voice recorder 'in good condition'
- The cockpit voice recorder of the Malaysian airliner downed over Ukraine is in good condition, the UN civil aviation body said on Wednesday, adding that it was holding talks with airlines and states on how to assess the danger posed by conflicts.
- Video Gaza conflict: Food shortages push residents to aid centres video
- CBC's Paul Hunter reports from a crowded food distribution centre in Gaza City, where displaced Palestinians have come for food and shelter.
- Analysis Why Texas Gov. Rick Perry may run again for president
- Gov. Rick Perry may have set his sights on the Texas border with his plan to send 1,000 state National Guard troops to boost security, but some suggest his main target is the Republican Party, as the governor considers another presidential run.
- Taiwan's TransAsia Flight GE222 crash kills 47 video
- A plane attempting to land in stormy weather crashed on a small Taiwanese island late Wednesday, killing 47 people and wrecking houses and cars on the ground.