Space... and Beyond
You may soon boldly go where many others have gone before...
Billionaire business executive Richard Branson unveiled a space ship last night to take us all to new heights. If you have the money.
SpaceShipTwo is designed to take 6 passengers and two pilots into near space for a few minutes.
They can experience weightlessness and a magnificent view of earth.
One ticket costs 200-thousand dollars and Branson says 300 people have already signed up to go.
The spaceship is about the size of an executive jet and if all goes well..... the first flight will be in 2011. It's cool.... but is it really the sexiest spaceship ever?
- CBC in Lebanon Syrian children in refugee camps struggle with mental scars of war video
- Refugee groups are trying to help Syrian children struggling to deal with horrible memories of violence and death.
- Black Friday losing appeal for cross-border shoppers
- With the weak Canadian dollar and the growth of online shopping, analysts predict more Canadians will stay home this year rather than join the mass shopping hysteria that pervades U.S. retailing the day after American Thanksgiving.
- Analysis The high cost of the low-interest rate war on savers
- When even a consumer advocate like Ralph Nader says enough with the cheap money, maybe it's time for central bankers to rethink their low interest rate policies, which have transferred wealth from savers to debtors, Neil Macdonald writes.
- Photos Huge police presence at Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Under the watchful eye of a massive police presence, the 89th Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade took place on the streets of New York City Thursday — American Thanksgiving.
- Europe refugee crisis: Stranded migrants try to storm into Macedonia
- Hundreds of migrants stranded at Greece's northern border clashed with police Thursday while trying to force their way into Macedonia.