Revenue Canada, RBC Securities and Liechtenstein
Federal authorites say RBC Dominion Securities investment advisors may have helped clients set up offshore entities that allowed them to cheat on their taxes.
Court documents say RBC employees in Victoria helped Canadians transfer assets to the banking haven of Liechtenstein.
Those funds remained hidden until Revenue Canada was tipped off.
Greg Rasmussen will have a report on the crack in banking secrecy which led investigators to the offices of R-B-C Dominion Securities in Victoria.
- Updated South Korea president Park Geun-hye is impeached
- South Korean lawmakers on Friday voted to impeach President Park Geun-hye, a stunning and swift fall for the country's first female leader amid protests that drew millions into the streets in united fury.
- CBC IN MEXICO Mexicans fear they'll pay for Trump's wall 'one way or another'
- Trump's NAFTA threats are already causing pain in Mexico's trade-dependent border communities, with a low peso and unstable factory jobs.
- Former astronaut, U.S. senator John Glenn dead at 95
- John Glenn, whose life took him to the celestial heights as the first American to orbit in space, then into the trenches of congressional infighting as a longtime Democratic senator, before he re-entered space as a 77-year-old, has died.
- Researchers sound alarm over millions of tonnes of plastic dumped into oceans video
- Members of an international organization based in Denmark that aims to raise awareness about the consequences of the increasing plastic pollution of the oceans, are set to collect data and measure levels of micro-plastics floating in the water.
- TSX, New York stock markets rally as crude prices top $50 US
- Major stock markets in New York climbed to set new records today amid a broad rally from banks, materials and technology companies.