Health Care Reform Comes to America
Barack Obama's health care bill is set to pass the senate this morning. The vote has split the US on intensely partisan lines. Critics say the bill is a shadow of what it should be and laden with "pork". The Daily Beast asks what's wrong with a little grease in exchange for a vote.
The Senate Votes at 7am ET.
CBC.CA has a look at the debate here
- CBC IN SYRIA City under siege: Inside the battle for Aleppo
- Aleppo is 'the jewel of Syria.' It's also where the government is hoping to win the Syrian civil war, writes Margaret Evans.
- Indonesia earthquake leaves at least 97 dead
- A strong undersea earthquake rocks Indonesia's Aceh province, killing at least 97 people and causing dozens of buildings to collapse.
- New 60 feared drowned off Yemen after boat disappears
- The Yemeni government says 60 nationals are feared drowned in the Arabian Sea after their vessel went missing late last week.
- Kurdish authorities defend detention of Canadian Michael Kennedy
- A senior Kurdish official says the detention of an ex-Canadian soldier was justified. The regional government's deputy foreign minister say Michael Kennedy illegally crossed from Iraq to Syria and back again in the fight against ISIS.
- Breaking Pakistani plane with more than 40 people aboard crashes
- A Pakistan International Airlines flight carrying more than 40 people crashes en route to Islamabad from the northern city of Chitral.