Health Care Reform Comes to America
Barack Obama's health care bill is set to pass the senate this morning. The vote has split the US on intensely partisan lines. Critics say the bill is a shadow of what it should be and laden with "pork". The Daily Beast asks what's wrong with a little grease in exchange for a vote.
The Senate Votes at 7am ET.
CBC.CA has a look at the debate here
- Apollo Theatre ceiling collapse in London injures more than 80
- The ceiling of a London theatre partially collapsed Thursday night, showering a packed audience with heaps of plaster, wood and dust. More than 80 people were injured — at least seven seriously — and several trapped theatre-goers had to be rescued, authorities said.
- Target stores hit by data breach affecting 40 million cards video
- Target says about 40 million credit and debit card accounts may have been affected by a data breach linked to recent purchases in its U.S. stores.
- Orlando the guide dog can stay with blind man
- Enough donations have been raised to allow a blind New York man to keep the aging guide dog that went onto the subway tracks with him when the man lost consciousness and fell from a station platform, officials say.
- Photos Year in environmental news
- Lee Rigby's killers convicted in the U.K. serviceman's murder
- After only 90 minutes of deliberation, a British jury has convicted Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale of murdering serviceman Lee Rigby on a London street.