Health Care Reform Comes to America
Barack Obama's health care bill is set to pass the senate this morning. The vote has split the US on intensely partisan lines. Critics say the bill is a shadow of what it should be and laden with "pork". The Daily Beast asks what's wrong with a little grease in exchange for a vote.
The Senate Votes at 7am ET.
CBC.CA has a look at the debate here
- Analysis Hillary Clinton hails SCOTUS ruling as win for 'safe, legal' abortion
- Hillary Clinton's shift on abortion: from "safe, legal and rare" to "safe and legal. What leaving out that one word signals about the presumptive Democratic nominee's changing views, and the changing political landscape.
- Anti-immigrant tirade caught on video amid rise in post-Brexit racism
- A rise in hate crimes following Britain's vote to leave the European Union has brought condemnation from lawmakers and police officials, including investigators in Manchester who are looking into a "disgusting display of abuse" that took place early Tuesday on public transit.
- Stock markets show some signs of life after Brexit doldrums video
- World stock benchmarks stopped bleeding Tuesday as investors started shaking off the jitters from Britain's vote to quit the European Union and its messy aftermath.
- New Bird wings from Age of Dinosaurs found trapped in amber
- Ninety-nine million years ago, two baby birds met an unfortunate end and their severed wings became encased in amber. This is their story.
- Elizabeth Warren stumps for Hillary Clinton for 1st time in campaign
- Liberal Elizabeth Warren attacked Republican Donald Trump on Monday during her first campaign appearance with U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, calling him an "insecure money grubber" who is driven by greed and hate.