Health Care Reform Comes to America
Barack Obama's health care bill is set to pass the senate this morning. The vote has split the US on intensely partisan lines. Critics say the bill is a shadow of what it should be and laden with "pork". The Daily Beast asks what's wrong with a little grease in exchange for a vote.
The Senate Votes at 7am ET.
CBC.CA has a look at the debate here
- Analysis What the first 100 days of power reveal about Donald Trump
- Now that Donald Trump has had a few months with the power to do what he always wanted to do, here's what we've seen him do.
- North Korea's missile test fire fails hours after UN meeting on nukes
- A North Korean mid-range ballistic missile apparently failed shortly after launch, South Korea and the U.S. said, the third test-fire flop just this month but a clear message of defiance as a U.S. supercarrier conducts drills in nearby waters.
- EU leaders meet to set terms for Brexit negotiations
- European Union leaders will endorse a stiff set of divorce terms for Britain at a summit on Saturday, rejoicing in a rare show of unity in adversity, but well aware that may start to fray once negotiations begin.
- Notorious Afghan warlord calls for peace in first public speech
- In his first public speech since signing a peace deal with the Afghan government, one of Afghanistan's most notorious warlords on Saturday called for the Taliban to stop fighting and begin negotiations.
- Philippines says it has killed commander of Abu Sayyaf extremist group
- The Philippine military chief says marines have killed an Abu Sayyaf extremist commander considered to be one of the most notorious kidnappers in the country's south.