A Newsroom in Mourning
Michelle Lang is Canada's first journalist killed in Afghanistan.
My colleague James Murray in Kandahar met her on assignment there and says she was a quick wit, a sharp reporter, the kind of person we want more of in Afghanistan, not less.
Canwest's Don Martin has this. Sad. True.
Lang becomes the 101st journalist around the world killed in the line of duty.
- CBC IN ITALY Trying to mourn the dead as graves quake open in Italy
- It was a day of national mourning in Italy on Saturday. But in the midst of an earthquake zone, still chaotic and reeling from aftershocks, it is not always easy to hold to formality.
- Video Bangladesh police kill Canadian suspect in restaurant attack video
- Bangladeshi authorities say a Canadian man suspected of organizing a deadly attack on a popular restaurant in Dhaka has been killed in a police raid near the capital.
- Donald Trump wants to track U.S. entrants to ensure they don't overstay their visas
- U.S. Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump said on Saturday he would seek to develop a tracking system to ensure visitors who overstay their visas and become illegal immigrants are removed from the United States.
- Barack 'Fauxbamas' muse about their futures as Obama's presidency ends video
- As bookings start to slow down for some of them, four of Barack Obama’s best-known impersonators reflect on where their careers go next, and how resembling America's first black president changed their lives.
- Clashes in Syria continue as UN appeals for 48-hour truce to deliver humanitarian aid
- Backed by Turkish tanks and reports of airstrikes, Turkey-allied Syrian rebels clashed with Kurdish-led forces in northeastern Syria in a new escalation that further complicates the already protracted Syrian conflict.