The fall of the Wall - 20 years on
20-year anniversary celebrations of the fall of the Berlin Wall have been going on for several days now. CBC's Tom Parry takes a look at how young people, who have grown up in the post-Wall era, are reacting. And, are there still some remnants of division? Scroll down and listen to World Report's latest podcast for that story...
Interesting column in the Globe and Mail this morning reminding people of the significance of the Berlin Wall's demise. Check out Jeffrey Simpson here...
Nicole Ireland, Producer, World Report
- Analysis Ugly questions loom after look at U.S. Justice Department's police racism files: Neil Macdonald video
- Anyone tempted to dismiss the angry, in-your-face tactics of the Black Lives Matter movement should spend a little time browsing the special litigation section of the U.S. Department of Justice, Neil MacDonald writes.
- CBC IN FRANCE 'We don't know these people': Anxiety and empathy await asylum seekers leaving Calais camp
- As migrants are relocated from the squalid camp at Calais, residents of communities set to receive them have both apprehension and empathy for their new neighbours, the CBC’s Michelle Gagnon writes from northeastern France.
- Video Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star vandalized
- Police are investigating an incident early Wednesday that saw a man dressed as a city worker take a pickaxe to Trump's plaque on a famed Hollywood tourist attraction.
- Airstrikes in Syria kill at least 17, mostly children, outside school
- Airstrikes in Syria killed at least 17 people, mostly children on Wednesday when warplanes struck a school complex in the northern rebel-held province of Idlib, activists said.
- Interactive Poll Tracker: Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump by 5 points
- The 2016 race for the U.S. presidency is shaping up to be bitter and unpredictable. From now until election day on Nov. 8, CBC poll analyst Éric Grenier tracks the polls and each candidate’s chances in an interactive feature.