From the field in India... and the diplomacy dance in China
CBC Reporter Alison Crawford is covering Stephen Harper's visit to India. It's his first since he was elected Prime Minister. For a behind-the-scenes look at Alison's thoughts while on assignment, check out her blog here..
And while Harper's in India, U.S president Barack Obama is in China - walking a delicate line between diplomacy and advocating for human rights. Scroll down to our latest cast to hear Anthony Germain's report on Obama's town hall meeting in Shanghai. The first thing he had to do was teach the students attending how to participate in an open back-and-forth exchange.
Check out today's New York Times story on this too. .
Nicole Ireland, Producer, World Report
- Obama orders 'deep dive review' of 'malicious' election campaign hacking
- U.S. President Barack Obama has ordered intelligence officials to conduct a broad review on the election-season hacking that rattled the presidential campaign and raised new concerns about foreign meddling in U.S. elections.
- Photos Victims of Colombia's 50-year war work to start over with some help from Canada
- For Lucero Martinez and dozens of other women who've been victimized by Colombia's half-century-long guerrilla war, the production line at Fruandes has become a place of second chances — thanks in part to Canadian investment and appetites.
- Donald Trump's choice of generals for top posts 'extremely unusual'
- The procession of former military officers nominated for top jobs in Donald Trump’s administration is raising concerns over whether the appointments could defy an American constitutional tenet: civilian oversight of government.
- Dylann Roof laughed during church slaying confession to FBI
- Dylann Roof wanted the world to know he hated black people and thought they were criminals. He thought about attacking drug dealers, but they might shoot back. So, he told the FBI, he picked a historic black church in Charleston, N.C., he had learned about online.
- Americans getting better deal than Canadians on rebate for Samsung washers
- A Samsung customer says Canadians are getting a raw deal compared to Americans when it comes to a rebate offered by Samsung on its recalled top-loading washing machines.