From the field in India... and the diplomacy dance in China
CBC Reporter Alison Crawford is covering Stephen Harper's visit to India. It's his first since he was elected Prime Minister. For a behind-the-scenes look at Alison's thoughts while on assignment, check out her blog here..
And while Harper's in India, U.S president Barack Obama is in China - walking a delicate line between diplomacy and advocating for human rights. Scroll down to our latest cast to hear Anthony Germain's report on Obama's town hall meeting in Shanghai. The first thing he had to do was teach the students attending how to participate in an open back-and-forth exchange.
Check out today's New York Times story on this too. .
Nicole Ireland, Producer, World Report
- CBC IN CALAIS France starts to evict people from Calais 'jungle' refugee camp video
- French authorities begin dismantling the refugee camp outside of Calais that's sometimes known as "the jungle." But the future is unclear for the estimated 9,000 people living there.
- Trump Hotels to use Scion brand for new hotels, not Trump
- The Trump name is likely to be everywhere for the next 14 days, with one notable exception: it won't be associated with any new hotels owned by the Republican presidential candidate's eponymous company.
- Texas baby 'born twice' in rare surgery
- A baby is born for the second time at a Texas hospital, 12 weeks after having surgery to remove a tumour.
- Iraqis press toward Mosul, face questions about airstrike
- Iraqi forces shelled Islamic State positions outside Mosul on Monday as fighting to retake the extremist-held city entered its second week. A rights group, meanwhile, urged a probe into a suspected airstrike last week that mistakenly hit a mosque, killing over a dozen civilians.
- U.S. movie theatre chain to host election night broadcast
- AMC Theatres has partnered with CNN to broadcast the Nov. 8 presidential election on the big screen at 50 theatres in 25 cities across the U.S.