From the field in India... and the diplomacy dance in China
CBC Reporter Alison Crawford is covering Stephen Harper's visit to India. It's his first since he was elected Prime Minister. For a behind-the-scenes look at Alison's thoughts while on assignment, check out her blog here..
And while Harper's in India, U.S president Barack Obama is in China - walking a delicate line between diplomacy and advocating for human rights. Scroll down to our latest cast to hear Anthony Germain's report on Obama's town hall meeting in Shanghai. The first thing he had to do was teach the students attending how to participate in an open back-and-forth exchange.
Check out today's New York Times story on this too. .
Nicole Ireland, Producer, World Report
- 2 Chicago men charged with first-degree murder in shooting of Dwyane Wade's cousin
- Chicago police say two brothers have been charged with first-degree murder in the shooting death of the cousin of NBA star Dwyane Wade as she was walking to register her children for school.
- United Airlines pilots suspected of being drunk arrested in Glasgow
- Police and airline officials say two United Airlines pilots have been arrested for suspected intoxication before they were to fly 141 passengers from Scotland to the United States.
- How a $64M hack changed the fate of Ethereum, Bitcoin's closest competitor
- Picture this: A thief steals millions of dollars by hacking into an investment fund, and the whole theft is undone with a simple software update. That is, in effect, what happened recently at Ethereum, an upstart digital currency platform second only to Bitcoin in dollar value.
- CBC IN ITALY Trying to mourn the dead after quake leaves graves open in Italy
- It was a day of national mourning in Italy on Saturday. But in the midst of an earthquake zone, still chaotic and reeling from aftershocks, it is not always easy to hold to formality.
- Don Cheadle, Michelle Williams outraged at Trump's Dwyane Wade tweet
- Donald Trump is being slammed on social media after posting a message about the shooting death of Nykea Aldridge, the cousin of NBA star Dwyane Wade.