Fashion Week in Pakistan
We've reported a lot on the devastating violence in Pakistan in recent weeks. Suicide attacks are rampant, and the Pakistani army is in the midst of a major onslaught to root out insurgents in the country's border region with Afghanistan.
That means security fears are always top of mind during any major event. But that didn't stop Pakistan's first-ever Fashion Week in Karachi. The four-day event was postponed twice -- but finally got going last week and wrapped up this weekend.
Organizers say security was tight - but they wanted to show the world that Pakistan is about more than violence. Check out the coverage on Reuters and in the Telegraph .
And to hear the mood as the models worked the catwalk, listen to World Report throughout the morning -- or scroll down to download our latest show.
Nicole Ireland, Producer, World Report
- CBC IN ITALY 36 coffins in a gymnasium: An Italian town mourns its earthquake victims
- In the Italian town of Ascoli Piceno, 36 coffins laid out in a cavernous gymnasium bear the remains of some of the more than 280 people who died in Wednesday's earthquake.
- The burkini is an option, not oppression, say those opposed to ban
- The recent court decision overturning one French town's ban on the burkini is unlikely to put the debate about the body-concealing swimwear to rest. Some of those who have decried the ban say all the controversy won't stop women from wearing what they want.
- Trump's doctor took 5 minutes to pen report dubbing candidate's health 'astonishingly excellent'
- Donald Trump's personal physician told NBC News he needed just five minutes to write a glowing public assessment of Trump's health as a limousine waited to carry the letter back to Trump.
- Analysis Janet Yellen, Jackson Hole and the anti-Davos
- A fishing hole in the middle of Wyoming might not be the first place that leaps to mind when one thinks of venues for major world economic conferences, but the bucolic scene of Jackson Hole is just that. Once a year, the global elite descend on the area to listen to what the U.S. central banker has to say.
- Has Colonel Sanders' secret recipe been revealed? No, says company
- KFC says a recipe published in the Chicago Tribune is not authentic. But that hasn't stopped rampant online speculation that one of the most legendary and closely guarded secrets in the history of fast food has been exposed.