Fashion Week in Pakistan
We've reported a lot on the devastating violence in Pakistan in recent weeks. Suicide attacks are rampant, and the Pakistani army is in the midst of a major onslaught to root out insurgents in the country's border region with Afghanistan.
That means security fears are always top of mind during any major event. But that didn't stop Pakistan's first-ever Fashion Week in Karachi. The four-day event was postponed twice -- but finally got going last week and wrapped up this weekend.
Organizers say security was tight - but they wanted to show the world that Pakistan is about more than violence. Check out the coverage on Reuters and in the Telegraph .
And to hear the mood as the models worked the catwalk, listen to World Report throughout the morning -- or scroll down to download our latest show.
Nicole Ireland, Producer, World Report
- New Clinton's historic speech prompts tears and pride from Democrats video
- Hillary Clinton entered the history books Thursday night when she became the first woman to accept her party's nomination. Democrats cheered her on as she delivered the biggest speech of her life and they reacted with pride, determination, and some with tears.
- New Haiti case points to loopholes allowing cops to avoid disciplinary action video
- The case of two Quebec provincial police officers who retired before facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Haiti has exposed loopholes that allow some officers to dodge disciplinary action, critics say.
- Pope Francis makes sombre visit to Auschwitz
- Pope Francis paid a sombre visit to the Nazi German death camp of Auschwitz-Birkenau Friday, becoming the third consecutive pontiff to make the pilgrimage to the place where Adolf Hitler's forces killed more than 1 million people, most of them Jews.
- Hillary Clinton says she would be president 'for all Americans' video
- Hillary Clinton, drawing a contrast with her Republican rival Donald Trump, promised to be strategic in foreign policy and inclusive in social and economic affairs in her nomination speech on Thursday night.
- Perseid meteor shower set to be extra-spectacular this year
- The summer's best shooting star show is expected be even better this year, thanks to an unusual "outburst" that only happens about once a decade and could double the number of meteors you'll spot.