Developing story: BC Plane Crash
November 30, 2009
Six victims of a float plane crash have been recovered this morning in British Columbia.. The plane nose-dived into the ocean yesterday after takeoff from Saturna Island. Two people survived.
- Trump wants diplomatic solution on North Korea but warns 'major, major conflict' possible
- U.S. President Donald Trump said on Thursday in a wide-ranging interview with Reuters that a major conflict with North Korea is possible in the standoff over its nuclear and missile programs, but he would prefer a diplomatic outcome to the dispute.
- CBC IN MANILA 'Democracy as we know it is dead': Filipino journalists fight fake news video
- The bogus stories that pollute the internet in the Philippines are startling in their venom, frequency and sometimes clumsy attempts to look real, writes Adrienne Arsenault.
- As It Happens Meteorologists posit new theory behind 'blood red' sky in Munch's The Scream
- While many art aficionados credit the stark red sky in The Scream to Edvard Munch's troubled psyche, a new paper posits a more scientific theory.
- Analysis Maria Sharapova: Controversy sells — fairness does not
- As Maria Sharapova returns to tennis after serving a 15-month doping ban for taking meldonium, the world is reminded that all is not fair in sport and sometimes, cheaters will prosper.
- South Korea baffled by Trump comments on missile defence, trade
- Contradicting U.S. President Donald Trump, South Korea said Friday it has no plan to renegotiate a bilateral trade deal with the U.S., or to pay for the U.S. missile defence system being deployed on its territory.