Developing story: BC Plane Crash
November 30, 2009
Six victims of a float plane crash have been recovered this morning in British Columbia.. The plane nose-dived into the ocean yesterday after takeoff from Saturna Island. Two people survived.
- CBC IN FRANCE 'We won't back down': Young right-wing activists agitate across Europe for an idealized past
- Young, right-wing activists are taking to social media and adopting Greenpeace-style shock tactics to agitate across Europe against immigration and Islam, Michelle Gagnon writes from Paris.
- CBC IN STANDING ROCK 'I'm here until they're done': Standing Rock protesters savour a victory, but not packing up just yet video
- A decision to deny permission for the contentious Dakota Access Pipeline to be built under a Missouri River reservoir near the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation was cause for celebration, but it seems unlikely protesters will leave the site where they have been entrenched for months anytime soon.
- Italian PM to resign after conceding defeat in constitutional reforms referendum
- Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi says he is resigning after a stinging defeat on a constitutional reforms referendum that he staked his political career on.
- Armed man arrested after travelling to D.C. pizzeria cited in fake news story
- A man who took a rifle into a Washington pizza restaurant on Sunday "to self-investigate" a fake news report that it was operating a child abuse ring has been charged with assault with a dangerous weapon, police in the U.S. capital said.
- Iran nuclear deal: China, Iran make not-so-veiled comments to Trump
- The foreign ministers of China and Iran on Monday urged governments not to violate the deal that limits Iran's nuclear activity in exchange for the lifting of sanctions, in remarks apparently directed at President-elect Donald Trump's incoming administration.