Developing story: BC Plane Crash
November 30, 2009
Six victims of a float plane crash have been recovered this morning in British Columbia.. The plane nose-dived into the ocean yesterday after takeoff from Saturna Island. Two people survived.
- Gambia's president has until midnight to step down or West African bloc will intervene
- After more than two decades in power, Gambian President Yahya Jammeh faced the prospect of a midnight military intervention by regional forces, as the man who once pledged to rule the West African nation for a billion years clung to power.
- Obama defends granting clemency to Chelsea Manning
- U.S. President Barack Obama firmly defended his decision to cut nearly three decades off Chelsea Manning's prison term, saying at his final White House news conference that the former army intelligence analyst had served a "tough prison sentence" already for leaking documents.
- CBC IN MEXICO Attack on prosecutor investigating nightclub shooting further erodes Cancun's reputation for safety
- A violent attack in Cancun, Mexico, has further undermined the area's reputation as a peaceful idyll amid the turbulence of Mexico's drug war.
- CBC IN IRAN Iranians size up Trump with cautious curiosity
- A short drive from Tehran's imposing "Down with the U.S.A." mural, a small bookstore is doing a brisk business selling books by Donald Trump. As Nahlah Ayed reports, some Iranians eager to learn more about the president-elect are having to start with his get-rich books.
- World temperatures hit new high in 2016 for 3rd year in row
- From unprecedented highs in India to ice melt in the Arctic, the heat is creeping closer to a ceiling set for global warming.