A survivor's tale
He is the only survivor of a deadly helicopter crash - and today he is speaking about his escape.
Robert Decker is testifying at an inquiry looking into helicopter safety.
On March 12, the Cougar helicopter carrying him and 17 other offshore workers crashed into the ocean about 55 kilometres off the coast of St. John's, Newfoundland.
This is the first time Decker is talking publicly about his ordeal.
His lawyer says "he will describe the flight back towards land, the crash of the helicopter into the ocean, his escape and ascent to the surface."
Vik Adhopia is at the inquiry and will have the incredible story.
You can watch a live stream of the inquiry here.
David Michael Lamb
Senior Producer, World Report.
- Hurricane Matthew soaks Colombia, heads for Jamaica
- One of the most powerful Atlantic hurricanes in recent history weakened a little on Saturday as it drenched coastal Colombia and roared across the Caribbean on a course that still puts Jamaica, Haiti and Cuba in the path of potentially devastating winds and rain.
- CBC in Paris Paris mayor's attempt to curb traffic along Seine leaves some commuters fuming
- The Paris mayor's decision to close the right bank of the Seine river to cars as a means of reducing air pollution has left many in the city hyperventilating.
- Russian jets strike Aleppo as Moscow ramps up Syria bombing campaign
- Russian war planes struck rebel-held areas north of Aleppo on Saturday as the army shelled the besieged old quarter in a major offensive, rebels and a monitoring group said.
- Analysis Hungarian voters appear set to deliver a blow to EU migrant quotas
- Hungary's anti-immigrant government appears set to win a referendum on whether the country should accept European Union refugee resettlement quotas. A victory could send shock waves through the already battered bloc.
- Legal marijuana brings tax revenue for Denver, but also new expenses audio
- Take note, Toronto: Denver, Colorado is using tax revenue from legal marijuana sales for social good, but regulating sales is a costly new responsibility for the municipal government.