The new CBC News
As you're probably aware by now, the new World Report isn't the only change happening to CBC News. The National and CBC News Network (formerly Newsworld) both start today with a fresh approach.
Here's the lowdown on what's happening, from our boss, Jennifer McGuire.
David Michael Lamb
Senior Producer, World Report.
- Ukraine crisis: Easter 'truce' broken after deadly gun attack video
- At least three people were killed in a gunfight in the early hours of Sunday near a Ukrainian city controlled by pro-Russian separatists, shaking an already fragile international accord that was designed to avert a wider conflict.
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dead at 76 video
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, the former professional boxer who became an advocate for the wrongly convicted after spending 19 years in prison for a triple murder he didn't commit, died Sunday. He was 76.
- Malaysia Airlines MH370: Families discuss financial help video
- A Malaysian official met Sunday with relatives of passengers who were aboard the missing jetliner and discussed ways of providing them with financial assistance, as an unmanned submarine continued to search for any signs of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.
- Boston Marathon local favourite Shalane Flanagan wants to win
- Shalane Flanagan grew up in nearby Marblehead with a reverence for the Boston Marathon and says her dream now is to win the race this one time, a year after the bombings that shook the running world.
- South Korea ferry: transcripts reveal evacuation confusion video
- A transcript released Sunday shows the South Korean ferry that sank was crippled with confusion and indecision well after it began listing dangerously, possibly adding to a death toll that is officially at 58 but could eventually exceed 300.