The new CBC News
As you're probably aware by now, the new World Report isn't the only change happening to CBC News. The National and CBC News Network (formerly Newsworld) both start today with a fresh approach.
Here's the lowdown on what's happening, from our boss, Jennifer McGuire.
David Michael Lamb
Senior Producer, World Report.
- Updated Japan knife attack at facility for disabled leaves at least 19 dead
- At least 19 people were killed and about 20 wounded in a knife attack Tuesday at a facility for the handicapped in a city just outside Tokyo in the worst mass killing in generations in Japan.
- Hillary Clinton 'must become the next president,' Bernie Sanders tells Democrats video
- Bernie Sanders, Hillary Clinton's former rival, took the stage at the Democratic convention Monday night, where he was greeted by massive applause as he thanked the Americans who supported his campaign and voted for the "political revolution" he advocated for in the lengthy primary.
- Michelle Obama gives impassioned endorsement of Hillary Clinton video
- Without mentioning Donald Trump by name, first lady Michelle Obama stood before the Democratic convention on Monday and drew a sharp sketch of the Republican nominee that stood in harsh contrast to her gauzy portrait of Hillary Clinton as a woman who has looked out for children and the disadvantaged all her life.
- CBC IN PHILADELPHIA Sanders voters feel vindicated by leaked emails showing 'rigged' system video
- Democrats arrived in Philadelphia for their convention amid drama that Bernie Sanders supporters say adds fuel to their fire. Leaked emails that were hacked from the DNC prove party officials favoured Hillary Clinton, they say.
- Solar Impulse completes historic round-the-world flight video
- An aircraft powered by solar energy landed in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates early Tuesday, after flying around the world without the use of fossil fuels.