The new CBC News
As you're probably aware by now, the new World Report isn't the only change happening to CBC News. The National and CBC News Network (formerly Newsworld) both start today with a fresh approach.
Here's the lowdown on what's happening, from our boss, Jennifer McGuire.
David Michael Lamb
Senior Producer, World Report.
- Donald Trump's choice of generals for top posts 'extremely unusual'
- The procession of former military officers nominated for top jobs in Donald Trump’s administration is raising concerns over whether the appointments could defy an American constitutional tenet: civilian oversight of government.
- U.S. regulators mull allowing in-flight phone calls via plane's Wi-Fi
- Airlines could let passengers make in-flight phone calls using Wi-Fi under a proposal from federal regulators.
- Zika outbreak: Florida lifts infection zone in Miami Beach
- All areas in Florida cleared of active Zika transmission, governor declares
- Clemency bid for Canadian on death row in Montana awaits action from governor
- Montana's governor is being asked to act on a petition to spare the life of a Canadian who's been on death row in the United States for over three decades.
- British police: 83 potential suspects in soccer abuse probe
- Police overseeing the sex abuse scandal in British soccer say 83 potential suspects have been identified and linked to 98 clubs.