Attack on UN in Afghanistan...
Militant gunmen hit a U-N guest house in Kabul early today. So far, the U.N. says 6 employees are dead and nine injured. 12 people are dead in total. The attack comes as Afghanistan approaches its election "re-do" on November 7th. The Taliban have repeatedly threatened violence around the presidential run-off. We're following this story throughout the morning, and will post more information as the day goes on.
Nicole Ireland, Producer, World Report
- Analysis Downing of Russian jet part of Turkey's 'strange game' in Syria video
- By shooting down a Russian fighter jet that flew only briefly through its airspace, Turkey is sending a message to Vladimir Putin over Syria, strategists say. The two countries are not enemies, but they are on opposite sides in the fight to unseat Syria's Assad.
- Laquan McDonald death: Protests continue after video released of Chicago teen's shooting video
- The white officer who shot a black Chicago teen 16 times has been charged with murder and jailed. The video of the slaying has been release. And after the release, protesters seemed to honour pleas for restraint. But now what?
- Eagles of Death Metal drummer on Paris attacks: 'Absolute and unnecessary evil turned our world on its head'
- Eagles of Death Metal drummer Julian Dorio has opened up about the recent Paris attacks. The band’s Nov. 13 concert at Paris’ Le Bataclan was one of several locations terrorists targeted; 89 concertgoers were killed inside the venue that night. Yesterday, Dorio took to Instagram to share his horrific experience with fans.
- Jamar Clark: Funeral held for Minneapolis man shot by police
- Hundreds of people filled a Minneapolis church on Wednesday for the funeral of a black man whose death in a confrontation with police has sparked days of ongoing protests, while charges were pending against four men suspected in a shooting that wounded several of the protesters.
- Hurricane Sandra strengthens to Category 3 storm
- Hurricane Sandra continues to strengthen as a powerful Category 3 hurricane off Mexico's Pacific coast, but there is no current threat to land.