Attack on UN in Afghanistan...
Militant gunmen hit a U-N guest house in Kabul early today. So far, the U.N. says 6 employees are dead and nine injured. 12 people are dead in total. The attack comes as Afghanistan approaches its election "re-do" on November 7th. The Taliban have repeatedly threatened violence around the presidential run-off. We're following this story throughout the morning, and will post more information as the day goes on.
Nicole Ireland, Producer, World Report
- New 'Sometimes they're poignant moments': inauguration day transfers between presidents video
- Before he takes the oath of office Friday, Donald Trump will sit down with President Barack Obama for a traditional tea-or-coffee meeting and share a carpool ride to the Capitol — quaint rituals for two men with such a long, public rivalry.
- Updated Avalanche buries Italian hotel, up to 30 missing
- A huge avalanche ploughed into a luxury mountain hotel in central Italy after a series of strong earthquakes rattled the area, and up to 30 people might be buried under the snow, officials said on Thursday.
- Updated Iran says 30 Tehran firefighters killed as burning highrise collapses
- A high-rise building in Tehran engulfed by a fire collapsed on Thursday, killing at least 30 firefighters and injuring roughly 75 people, state media reported.
- CBC IN MEXICO Attack on prosecutor investigating nightclub shooting further erodes Cancun's reputation for safety video
- A violent attack in Cancun, Mexico, has further undermined the area's reputation as a peaceful idyll amid the turbulence of Mexico's drug war.
- India bus crash claims the lives of at least 24 kids
- A truck loaded with sand collided with a school bus early Thursday, killing at least 24 young children in the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, police said.