Attack on UN in Afghanistan...
Militant gunmen hit a U-N guest house in Kabul early today. So far, the U.N. says 6 employees are dead and nine injured. 12 people are dead in total. The attack comes as Afghanistan approaches its election "re-do" on November 7th. The Taliban have repeatedly threatened violence around the presidential run-off. We're following this story throughout the morning, and will post more information as the day goes on.
Nicole Ireland, Producer, World Report
- Analysis CETA: After 3 missed deadlines, why isn't the Canada-EU summit cancelled? video
- International Trade Minister Chrystia Freeland's explanations Monday seemed to be building toward a logical conclusion: Justin Trudeau isn't getting on a plane to Brussels this week. But she didn't actually say that. Why not?
- Trump says Clinton's plans for Syria would 'lead to WW III'
- U.S. Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump said on Tuesday that Democrat Hillary Clinton's plan for Syria would "lead to World War Three," because of the potential for conflict with military forces from nuclear-armed Russia.
- Paul Beatty's The Sellout is 1st U.S. Man Booker Prize winner
- Los Angeles-based writer Paul Beatty beat out 5 finalists, including 2 Canadians, at Tuesday night's Man Booker Prize gala in London with his stinging satire of race and class in the United States.
- 'Above politics': MPs vote unanimously to bring Yazidi refugees to Canada in 4 months
- MPs have unanimously supported a Conservative motion that formally declares ISIS persecution of Yazidis a genocide and commits to bringing Yazidi refugees to Canada within 120 days.
- Survivors describe chaotic attack at Pakistani police academy that killed 61, injured 123 video
- Survivors of an overnight attack that killed 61 people at a Pakistani police academy described chaotic scenes of gunfire and explosions, with militants shooting anyone they saw and cadets running for their lives and jumping from windows and rooftops.