Every morning, more than one million Canadians begin their day with World Report.
David Common brings you the news that has broken overnight, with a look ahead to the day's expected events. The program features the latest international news, as well as the top domestic stories. It is also an outlet for CBC journalists to break original stories.
- Weekdays at 5, 6, 7 & 8 a.m. - starts 6:00 a.m. Maritimes - 6:30 a.m. NT on CBC Radio One
- Weekends at 6, 7, 8 & 9 a.m. - starts 7:00 a.m. Maritimes - 7:30 a.m. NT on CBC Radio One
- Updated Gaza conflict: Israeli soldier reportedly captured as ceasefire unravels video
- The Israeli military says one of its soldiers has been captured by Palestinian militants during clashes in southern Gaza as a 72-hour ceasefire that began today quickly unravelled.
- New Facebook suffers service disruption
- Facebook Inc, the world's No.1 social network, suffered a service disruption on Friday that made the website unavailable to some users.
- Video of Amazon tribe's 1st contact with modern world released
- An isolated Amazon tribe's first contact with modern civilization is revealed in footage released by the Brazilian government this week.
- New Tesla stock soars after Elon Musk pledges 100,000 cars a year
- Tesla stock was up five per cent on Friday morning after CEO Elon Musk said the electric-car company would deliver 100,000 vehicles next year.
- Ebola outbreak: Infected American aid worker to be treated in U.S. video
- A U.S. aid worker who was infected with the deadly Ebola virus while working in West Africa will be flown to the United States to be treated in a high-security ward at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta, hospital officials said on Thursday.