Every morning, more than one million Canadians begin their day with World Report.
David Common brings you the news that has broken overnight, with a look ahead to the day's expected events. The program features the latest international news, as well as the top domestic stories. It is also an outlet for CBC journalists to break original stories.
- Weekdays at 5, 6, 7 & 8 a.m. - starts 6:00 a.m. Maritimes - 6:30 a.m. NT on CBC Radio One
- Weekends at 6, 7, 8 & 9 a.m. - starts 7:00 a.m. Maritimes - 7:30 a.m. NT on CBC Radio One
- Barack Obama and Joe Biden pass Democratic baton to Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine video
- Barack Obama took to the stage for his final Democratic convention as a sitting president, saying he was "more optimistic about the future of America than ever before," and that Hillary Clinton was eminently qualified to be the next U.S. president.
- 'She had a strong drive': How high school made Hillary Clinton a presidential contender video
- As Hillary Clinton takes on the U.S. Democratic Party's nomination for president, high school classmates from Park Ridge, Ill., recall a young woman with drive and ambition coming of age at a time of change for all women.
- Updated 2nd attacker in France hostage-taking was also known to police
- The second attacker in the deadly assault on a Normandy church was a 19-year-old from eastern France who had been spotted last month in Turkey as he supposedly headed to Syria — but who returned to France instead, French officials say.
- Updated Pope Francis misses step, falls down before mass in Poland video
- Pope Francis missed a step and fell to the ground Thursday as he was coming to an open-air altar to celebrate mass at Poland's holiest shrine of Jasna Gora.
- Analysis 'I am really afraid now': Violent attacks rattle European nerves
- Europeans are on edge after six violent attacks in France and Germany over the past two weeks, the CBC's Derek Stoffel writes.