Every morning, more than one million Canadians begin their day with World Report.
David Common and Marcia Young bring you the news that has broken overnight, with a look ahead to the day's expected events. The program features the latest international news, as well as the top domestic stories. It is also an outlet for CBC journalists to break original stories.
- Weekdays at 5, 6, 7 & 8 a.m. - starts 6:00 a.m. Maritimes - 6:30 a.m. NT on CBC Radio One
- Weekends at 6, 7, 8 & 9 a.m. - starts 7:00 a.m. Maritimes - 7:30 a.m. NT on CBC Radio One
- On Day 100, Trump slams 'fake news' media at Pennsylvania rally video
- U.S. President Donald Trump on Saturday issued a scathing attack on the national news media at a Pennsylvania rally he organized for the same evening the White House Correspondents' Association hosts its annual dinner.
- 'Explosive device blast' kills U.S. service member in Mosul video
- A U.S. service member in Iraq was killed Saturday by an explosive device outside Mosul, according to a statement released by the Pentagon.
- Without Trump, White House Correspondents' dinner to focus on journalism
- With Trump's absence, WHCA dinner organizers say they're putting the focus on the First Amendment and the role of the press in a democracy.
- Pope Francis visits Egypt's Christians targeted by ISIS
- Pope Francis wrapped up a brief but deeply symbolic visit to Egypt on Saturday with an open-air Mass for the country's tiny Catholic community.
- Thousands join worldwide climate marches on Trump's 100th day in office video
- Thousands of people across Canada and the United States are marking U.S. President Donald Trump's 100th day in office by marching in protest of his environmental policies.