Every morning, more than one million Canadians begin their day with World Report.
David Common brings you the news that has broken overnight, with a look ahead to the day's expected events. The program features the latest international news, as well as the top domestic stories. It is also an outlet for CBC journalists to break original stories.
- Weekdays at 5, 6, 7 & 8 a.m. - starts 6:00 a.m. Maritimes - 6:30 a.m. NT on CBC Radio One
- Weekends at 6, 7, 8 & 9 a.m. - starts 7:00 a.m. Maritimes - 7:30 a.m. NT on CBC Radio One
- Russia announces sanctions against Turkey over shooting down of warplane
- Russia will restrict imports of Turkish fruit and vegetables as part of a package of new sanctions following the downing of a Russian warplane by Turkey last week.
- Live Paris climate summit: Justin Trudeau urges 'forward, innovative thinking' video
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau told reporters on the opening day of global climate talks in Paris that the summit highlights the challenges of climate change but also offers an opportunity for Canada to be the "purveyor of solutions" and "forward, innovative thinking."
- Colorado Planned Parenthood shooting suspect appears in court today video
- The man accused of opening fire at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs lived a troubled, isolated life in the mountains of South Carolina and Colorado, but acquaintances say he never hinted that he would target the organization.
- INTERACTIVE How a 2 C temperature increase could change the planet
- Two degrees, at first glance, might seem an unremarkable, modest uptick in the temperature scale. But climate scientists warn that, in an increasingly warming world, this measure in fact represents a crucial tipping point. See how a 2C change will affect where you live and around the globe.
- Mohammed Abu Khudair killing: 2 Israeli youths convicted in Palestinian teen's death
- A Jerusalem court on Monday convicted two Israeli youths in the grisly killing last year of 16-year-old Palestinian Mohammed Abu Khudair, while delaying a verdict for the third suspect in the case due to a last-minute insanity plea.