Every morning, more than one million Canadians begin their day with World Report.
David Common brings you the news that has broken overnight, with a look ahead to the day's expected events. The program features the latest international news, as well as the top domestic stories. It is also an outlet for CBC journalists to break original stories.
- Weekdays at 5, 6, 7 & 8 a.m. - starts 6:00 a.m. Maritimes - 6:30 a.m. NT on CBC Radio One
- Weekends at 6, 7, 8 & 9 a.m. - starts 7:00 a.m. Maritimes - 7:30 a.m. NT on CBC Radio One
- Malaysia Airlines shifts from search to disaster recovery video
- Malaysia Airlines presumes its missing plane carrying 239 people has crashed and is working with a company that specializes in disaster recovery as officials investigate some mysterious passenger identities.
- Pistorius murder trial grips viewers worldwide video
- The court scene has become a stew of fallen celebrity, media circus, quirky tradition and the legal parsing of words and memories under the stern oversight of a judge who on Friday warned people in the gallery they would be "chucked out" if they misbehaved.
- Syrian troops take rebel-held town near Lebanese border
- Syrian government forces seized a town from rebels near the Lebanese border on Saturday, their latest attempt to cut off opposition fighters' fluid supply lines from the country.
- Paralympian Tatyana McFadden's Russian homecoming has emotional twist
- When Tatyana McFadden competes at the Sochi Games on Sunday, it’ll mark several firsts for one of the most decorated American Paralympians, but only one that is dear to her heart.
- Ukraine crisis: Tension escalates on ground in Crimea video
- A Ukrainian border patrol plane came under fire while flying at about 1,000 metres near the administrative border with Russian-occupied Crimea on Saturday, border guards said as the crisis in the region deepens.