Every morning, more than one million Canadians begin their day with World Report.
David Common brings you the news that has broken overnight, with a look ahead to the day's expected events. The program features the latest international news, as well as the top domestic stories. It is also an outlet for CBC journalists to break original stories.
- Weekdays at 5, 6, 7 & 8 a.m. - starts 6:00 a.m. Maritimes - 6:30 a.m. NT on CBC Radio One
- Weekends at 6, 7, 8 & 9 a.m. - starts 7:00 a.m. Maritimes - 7:30 a.m. NT on CBC Radio One
- Refugee crisis: Austria, Germany to grant passage to migrants from Hungary video
- Hundreds of migrants, exhausted after breaking away from police and marching for hours toward Western Europe, boarded buses provided by Hungary's government as Austria in the early-morning hours said it and Germany would let them in.
- Syrian drowning deaths lead to charges in Turkey for 'conscious negligence'
- A Turkish court placed four Syrians in custody on Friday after a prosecutor charged them in connection with the deaths of at least 12 people whose boat capsized as they tried to reach the Greek island of Kos, according to local police.
- New York jail staff charged with assaulting mentally disabled teen
- A New York City jail captain and a correction officer have been charged with assault and other crimes in the beating of a mentally disabled 18-year-old inmate in a Rikers Island supply closet last year.
- Jailed Kentucky clerk's lawyer says new same-sex marriage licences are invalid video
- A jailed Kentucky clerk insists the marriage licences issued Friday to same-sex couples by her office are void because she didn't authorize them, her attorney says.
- Baby born to Sierra Leone's 1st Ebola survivor dies
- After Victoria Yillia loses 21 relatives to Ebola, newborn dies of an infection not believed to be related to Ebola.