Every morning, more than one million Canadians begin their day with World Report.
David Common brings you the news that has broken overnight, with a look ahead to the day's expected events. The program features the latest international news, as well as the top domestic stories. It is also an outlet for CBC journalists to break original stories.
- Weekdays at 5, 6, 7 & 8 a.m. - starts 6:00 a.m. Maritimes - 6:30 a.m. NT on CBC Radio One
- Weekends at 6, 7, 8 & 9 a.m. - starts 7:00 a.m. Maritimes - 7:30 a.m. NT on CBC Radio One
- Analysis The 'public health crisis' that is America's gun culture
- The weekend killing spree in Kansas City by a hate-fuelled white supremacist with a history of gun offences shows both the hypocrisy of U.S. gun laws and the almost impossible battle to make any change in them, Neil Macdonald writes.
- Updated South Korean ferry sinking leaves 4 dead, almost 300 missing video
- A multi-story ferry carrying 459 people, mostly high school students on an overnight trip to a tourist island, has sunk off South Korea's southern coast, leaving nearly 300 people missing despite a frantic, hours-long rescue by ships and helicopters. At least four people were confirmed dead and 55 injured.
- Boston marathon bombing anniversary: man charged with hoax
- A man taken into custody near the Boston Marathon finish line late Tuesday, the anniversary of the deadly pressure cooker bombings, had a rice cooker in his backpack and was being charged with possession of a hoax device, police said.
- Malaysia Airlines MH370: underwater search cut short again video
- The search for a Malaysia Airlines jetliner deep in the Indian Ocean was again cut short on Wednesday when technical problems forced a U.S. Navy underwater drone to surface without finding anything, officials said.
- Ukraine crisis: combat vehicles with pro-Russian troops enter town
- A column of armoured vehicles flying Russian flags drove into a Ukrainian city controlled by pro-Russia demonstrators Wednesday, dampening the central government's hopes to re-establish control over restive eastern Ukraine.