- Belgium arrests 2 brothers suspected of plotting attack
- Two brothers have been arrested in Belgium on suspicion of plotting an attack, the Federal Prosecutor's Office announced Saturday.
- Hillary Clinton campaign says DNC data program they used was hacked
- Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton's campaign said on Friday that an analytics data program maintained by the Democratic National Committee and used by the campaign was accessed as part of a hack, but outside experts have found no evidence that its internal systems have been compromised.
- Florida reports 1st locally transmitted cases of Zika
- The first cases of Zika likely transmitted by mosquitoes on the U.S. mainland have been reported in Florida, but officials don't expect widespread transmission in the continental U.S. to result.
- Photos Button and T-shirt sellers cash in on Trump-Clinton clash
- Here's a look at some of the interesting and outlandish items that were on offer at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia, as well as at the previous week's Republican National Convention in Cleveland.
- Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte calls off ceasefire after Maoist rebel attack
- Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte called off a weeklong ceasefire after communist guerrillas killed a government militiaman and failed to declare their own truce by a Saturday deadline he had imposed.
- Rugby player from Ottawa dies in U.S. tournament
- A Canadian rugby player originally from Ottawa has collapsed and died of an apparent heart attack at a tournament in the Adirondack Mountains.
- Analysis Hillary Clinton sets out to redefine image as presidential campaign swings into full gear
- During the four-day Democratic Party convention, Hillary Clinton, her husband Bill Clinton, U.S. President Barack Obama and many other speakers set out to redefine her and change her narrative as she tries to convince Americans that she is best suited for the presidency.
- 3 Walmart employees charged with manslaughter in death of alleged shoplifter
- Authorities say three Florida Walmart employees have been charged in the death of a suspected shoplifter.
- PHOTOS Pope asks God to forgive 'so much cruelty' during Auschwitz visit
- Seated on a bench near the gate to the Auschwitz death camp site in Poland, Pope Francis prayed in silence on Friday in tribute to the 1.5 million people, most of them Jews, killed there by Nazi occupiers during the Second World War.
- Swedish government wants to know if Swedes are having less sex
- Worried that Swedes aren't having enough sex, the government wants to analyze the bedroom activities of its citizens in a major new study.
- Pokemon Go creators working to remove unwanted Pokestops, gyms
- The creators of Pokemon Go say they're working to remove real-world locations that don't wish to be included in the mobile gaming sensation.
- Analysis Clinton, Trump and trade: The curious case of the Democrat attack dogs that didn't bark
- Speaker after speaker at the Democratic convention condemned Donald Trump — but not even Bill Clinton, who fathered NAFTA, found fault with Trump's pledge to rip it up. Ditto, Hillary Clinton. This doesn't bode well for Canada.
- 9 people now face charges stemming from Flint, Mich., water crisis
- Six current or former state employees were charged Friday with misconduct and other crimes in the Flint, Mich., water crisis, bringing to nine the number of public officials facing prosecution over the lead contamination that alarmed parents across the U.S.
- Weightlifting federation bans Russian team from Olympics
- Russia's weightlifting team has been barred from competing at the Rio Olympics in August over doping offences, the sport's governing federation said on Friday.
- Conservatives disappointed Bradley Cooper is a Democrat
- Bradley Cooper's appearance at the Democratic National Convention has irked some conservative fans of the actor's portrayal of Navy SEAL Chris Kyle in 2014's American Sniper.
- San Diego police officer killed, another injured in traffic stop shooting
- A traffic stop led to a shootout that killed an anti-gang police officer and seriously injured another, authorities said Friday. A suspect was shot and taken into custody while authorities searched for others who may have been involved.
- New Sandy Hook school to open, 4 years after massacre
- The old Sandy Hook Elementary School was torn down after a gunman's rampage in December 2012. Now, a new $50 million US, 86,000-square-foot school has been built to replace it.
- Zoo elephant throws stone at visitors, killing girl, 7
- Experts at a zoo in the Moroccan capital of Rabat are trying to understand why an elephant hurled a stone toward visitors, killing a 7-year-old girl.
- Hillary Clinton, Democrats react to balloons at DNC like seeing snow for the 1st time
- Hillary Clinton’s speech drew wild enthusiasm from Democratic convention-goers, but the joy in Philadelphia didn’t end there: The tens of thousands of red, white and blue balloons that came floating down after her historic address also had them reacting as if they were seeing snow for the first time.
- Turkish president slams U.S. for lack of support in wake of failed coup attempt
- Turkey's president slammed the United States on Friday, claiming it was not standing firmly against a failed military coup and accused it of harbouring the plot's alleged mastermind.
- Perseid meteor shower set to be extra-spectacular this year
- The summer's best shooting star show is expected be even better this year, thanks to an unusual "outburst" that only happens about once a decade and could double the number of meteors you'll spot.
- Haiti case points to loopholes allowing cops to avoid disciplinary action
- The case of two Quebec provincial police officers who retired before facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Haiti has exposed loopholes that allow some officers to dodge disciplinary action, critics say.
- CBC IN PHILADELPHIA Hillary Clinton accepts Democratic nod with historic speech met with tears, pride
- Hillary Clinton entered the history books last night in becoming the first female presidential nominee for a major party in the U.S. Democrats. As she delivered the biggest speech of her life, cheering party supporters at the convention in Philadelphia reacted with pride, determination and tears.
- Pope Francis makes sombre visit to Auschwitz
- Pope Francis paid a sombre visit in silence to the Nazi German death camp of Auschwitz-Birkenau on Friday, with his only public comment a guest book entry begging God's "forgiveness for so much cruelty."
- Hillary Clinton says she would be president 'for all Americans'
- Hillary Clinton, drawing a contrast with her Republican rival Donald Trump, promised to be strategic in foreign policy and inclusive in social and economic affairs in her nomination speech on Thursday night.
- Checking the facts from Hillary Clinton's speech
- In her speech accepting the Democratic nomination, Hillary Clinton wrongly implied Donald Trump has proposed banning Islam in America and sketched out a plan for defeating Islamic State militants that merely mirrors what the U.S. is already trying to do.
- Passenger must pay airline $44K after in-flight yoga arrest
- A Korean tourist who was arrested after he became violent when he wasn't allowed to do yoga on a plane leaving Hawaii won't get additional jail time. But he must pay United Airlines more than $44,000.