Windsor Votes: Ward 6
Unofficial election results from the City of Windsor.
|Note: Unofficial results released by the City of Windsor|
Candidates for Councillor
Frank BatalCandidate Video
Platform: Some of us fail to plan, and some of us plan to fail. We must ensure --- each of us --- that on October 25, we vote to do neither.
Did the current council have a good plan? Is it time for a change? Look around at your neighbours --- working mothers looking for convenient child care, frail seniors dependent on taxis to doctors and hospitals, hungry people dependent on food banks, small businesses on every street are no longer in operation. Are they better off than they were 4 years ago?
The Chamber of Commerce gave council a failing grade and The Windsor Star published the result on September 8, 2010. Yet we are told we are moving forward although the average citizen does not feel we are. There is a lot left to do. Hard working tax payers expect their city council to provide stable conditions and to know they will not be penalized for doing a good job.
Most of our present councilors earn their living from the public treasury. An economic slow down does not lose them pay or cost them jobs. Do they really understand the distress?
Jo-Anne Gignac (Incumbent)
(more information when available)
CBC News contacted all candidates in mid-August, prior to the election, and asked them to submit a photograph, website address, Twitter and Facebook accounts as well as 200 words outlining their platform. The content here represents what CBC has received to date.
- Taking the electoral plunge
- Do you remember what it was like the first time you voted?
- Leadership - Batman versus Superman
- Will you vote for Batman or Superman on election day?
- Who will win your vote?
- What do candidates need to do to win your vote?
- CUPE's Choice
- CUPE picks the candidates it will endorse in the upcoming municipal election.
- Liveable Art
- The liveable city - is Windsor broken? Can it be fixed? One artist thinks so.
- The Liveable City
- Karen Brady asks "What is a liveable city, and how can Windsor become a better place to live?"
- The Other Guys - Part II
- Hear from Mayoral candidates not invited to the Chamber of Commerce debate.
- The Other Guys - Part 1
- Meet the mayoral candidates who didn't participate in the Chamber debate.
- Residents without a Voice
- Recent immigrant Jeremy Wang talks municipal politics.
- The Politics of Downtown
- Our journalist's latest observations from the campaign trail.
- Ward 5 is Feeling Ignored
- Karen Brady's take on the Ward 5 All Candidates meeting on Tuesday.
- At a Crossroad?
- What kind of leadership does Windsor need now?