Set Wainwright as default location
Current ConditionsTue Aug 30, 16 at 11:00 AM MDT
UV: 6 (High)
Sunrise: 6:31 AM
Sunset: 8:17 PM
ESE 21 km/h
Pressure: 102.4 kPa
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Tue Aug 30, 16 at 11:00 AM MDT Tue Aug 30, 16 at 11:00 AM MDT
A mix of sun and cloud. 30 percent chance of showers near noon with risk of a thunderstorm. Clearing this afternoon. Wind southeast 30 km/h gusting to 50. High 22. UV index 6 or high.
Clear. Increasing cloudiness after midnight. Wind southeast 30 km/h gusting to 50. Low 11.
Cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers early in the morning. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud near noon. Risk of a thunderstorm early in the morning. Wind southeast 20 km/h gusting to 40 increasing to 40 gusting to 60 near noon. High 24. Humidex 28.
|Chance of showers||Sunny||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Edmonton related links
- Canadian Avalanche AssociationAvalanche Bulletins
- Latest bulletins
- AMAHighway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Alberta
- Analysis Upcoming Alberta byelections pose stiff challenge for Liberals
- The Liberals have already launched an appeal for donations to mount a campaign in Stephen Harper's old riding. Considering their slim chances there and in byelections to be held in two other Alberta seats, are the Liberals serious?
- Edmonton exterminators face cockroaches with immunity to poisons
- Cockroaches can survive for days after being decapitated, for weeks without food or water. Urban legend has it, they will inhabit the Earth long after the apocalypse. The long-held belief that these pests can live through just about anything is proving true in Edmonton.
- Updated Potash Corp., Agrium in merger talks
- Saskatoon-based Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan and Agrium Inc. of Calgary have confirmed they are in merger talks, a combination could produce a fertilizer giant worth more than $30 billion.
- Stephen Mandel says threat of losing Oilers was 'big card' in arena deal
- Former mayor Stephen Mandel is defending the deal the city made with the Katz Group to build Rogers Place, and says the council of the day faced the very real prospect of losing the team had negotiations fallen apart.
- Sylvan Lake drug bust nets stolen trucks, guns, meth
- A drug bust at a home in Sylvan Lake turned up several illegal firearms, drugs and stolen property.