Set Wainwright as default location
Current ConditionsMon Sep 01, 14 at 9:00 PM MDT
Sunrise: 6:33 AM
Sunset: 8:13 PM
ENE 3 km/h
Pressure: 100.8 kPa
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Mon Sep 01, 14 at 4:00 PM MDT Mon Sep 01, 14 at 4:00 PM MDT
Mainly cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers this evening. Clearing overnight. Wind west 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light this evening. Low plus 4 with risk of frost.
Increasing cloudiness near noon. High 17. UV index 4 or moderate.
Cloudy. Becoming partly cloudy overnight. Low 6.
|Increasing cloudiness||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud|
19° | 6°
66° | 43°
15° | 4°
59° | 39°
23° | 5°
73° | 41°
22° | 6°
72° | 43°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
CBC Edmonton's meteorologists
- Stephanie Barsby
- Stephanie provides weather reports for CBC News Edmonton, CBC News Edmonton at 11, Radio Active, and cbc.ca/edmonton during the weekdays.
- Cory Edel
- Cory provides weather reports for CBC News Alberta Late night, and cbc.ca/edmonton on the weekends.
Edmonton related links
- Canadian Avalanche AssociationAvalanche Bulletins
- Latest bulletins
- AMAHighway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Alberta
- Exclusive Leadership candidate Thomas Lukaszuk flew daughter on government planes
- Alberta's former deputy premier Thomas Lukaszuk, now a Conservative leadership candidate, is being accused of hypocrisy for his public stand against entitlement after an anonymous tip to CBC News revealed he flew his young daughter on several government flights.
- Recap Stampeders alone atop CFL West after beating Eskimos video
- The Calgary Stampeders take over sole possession of first place in the Canadian Football League with a 28-13 win over the visiting Edmonton Eskimos in their Labour Day clash on Monday.
- Go Public Canadians expose foreign worker 'mess' in oilsands video
- Canadian tradesmen from a huge oilsands construction project are waving a red flag about safety hazards and near misses, which they blame on the use of foreign workers who aren’t qualified and can’t speak English.
- World Triathlon Championships finish in Edmonton
- As the ITU World Triathlon Grand Final wraps up in Edmonton Monday, Mayor Don Iveson is hoping it won’t be the last time the event is held in the city.
- Cessna plane crash east of Nelson, B.C., kills passenger
- The female passenger in a Cessna 172 died when the small plane crashed in Crawford Bay, B.C., east of Nelson, Saturday night, and the pilot was airlifted to hospital with serious injuries.