Set Delta as default location
Data from Environment Canada is not available
A few flurries
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Fri Mar 06, 15 at 4:00 PM CST Fri Mar 06, 15 at 4:00 PM CST
A few flurries ending this evening then clearing. Wind southwest 20 km/h becoming northwest 20 this evening. Low minus 12.
Increasing cloudiness. 30 percent chance of flurries late in the afternoon. High minus 2.
Cloudy. 30 percent chance of flurries in the evening. Wind becoming northwest 30 km/h near midnight. Low minus 7.
|Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
6° | -3°
43° | 27°
7° | -2°
45° | 28°
4° | -5°
39° | 23°
1° | -8°
34° | 18°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
As of noon we are already at -3 at the airport and -2 downtown. The temperature will continue to rise slowly through the late afternoon and evening to about zero by 10pm in the Red River Valley. Clouds also thicken up through the day. Then the cold front goes through. There is a band of snow mixed with rain and possibly freezing rain just ahead of the front. The winds will also pick up and gust to about 50km/h this evening. Temps fall to -13 behind the front and the temperature will struggle a little on Saturday. We should be able to get back to -5, perhaps -4 in the afternoon. A warm front moves through with a wimper on Saturday late afternoon and evening bringing some more flurries or light snow to the southeast. Sunday’s high, -1. Monday is the warmer day at +4 and Tuesday is also above zero at +2. The second half of next week is slightly cooler than the first couple of days but still close to seasonal springlike conditions. Don’t forget to change your clocks ahead one hour this weekend. It’s also a good time to change the batteries in your smoke detectors.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: S @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Saturday: NW @ 10 in the morning. S @ 10 in the afternoon.
Sunday: W @ 20 the morning. SW @ 20/25 the afternoon.
Monday: SW @ 20 in the morning. SW @ 15 in the afternoon.
- New Winnipeg police to start moving into new HQ this summer
- Work on the new Winnipeg police headquarters is progressing, and staff should be able to start moving in this summer, according to the city.
- Injuries knock Jets' Byfuglien, Little out of action
- The Winnipeg Jets continue to be battered by injuries and have lost two of their best just as the playoff race tightens.
- Red River skating trail's days numbered as weather warms up video
- One of Winnipeg's popular winter attractions could soon be closing for the season, as temperatures begin climbing above freezing.
- Manitoba ombudsman concerned about anti-terrorism Bill C-51
- Manitoba's ombudsman has joined other privacy commissioners in Canada expressing concerns about the Conservatives' proposed anti-terrorism Bill C-51.
- Winnipeg man considered radical extremist by CSIS, his father says video
- A career member of Canada’s armed forces says CSIS has informed him his 23-year-old son is now considered a radical extremist. He worries his son could be swept up when new anti-terror legislation comes into force.