Set Tuktoyaktuk as default location
Current ConditionsSun Mar 01, 15 at 1:00 PM MST
Feels like: -37
Feels like: -35
Sunrise: 9:19 AM
Sunset: 6:50 PM
WNW 50 km/h
Pressure: 103.1 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Sun Mar 01, 15 at 11:00 AM MST Sun Mar 01, 15 at 11:00 AM MST
Blizzard. Wind northwest 70 km/h gusting to 90. Temperature falling to minus 24 this afternoon. Wind chill minus 39.
Blizzard ending this evening then partly cloudy. 40 percent chance of flurries before morning. Blowing snow with visibilities at times less than 2 kilometres this evening and after midnight. Wind northwest 70 km/h gusting to 90 diminishing to 40 gusting to 60 this evening then becoming west 20 after midnight. Temperature steady near minus 24. Wind chill minus 42.
A mix of sun and cloud with 40 percent chance of flurries in the morning. Otherwise sunny. Wind west 20 km/h becoming east 20 late in the afternoon. Temperature steady near minus 24. Wind chill minus 36.
|Chance of flurries||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
-16° | -27°
3° | -17°
-8° | -18°
18° | -0°
-21° | -24°
-6° | -11°
-22° | -26°
-8° | -15°
-23° | -27°
-9° | -17°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Forest fire expert says N.W.T. may be in for lots more smoke and flame
- Bad fire seasons usually occur in clumps, says Mike Flannigan, a professor in the University of Alberta's Renewable Resources department.
- Tlicho injunction to delay launch of N.W.T. land and water superboard
- The injunction will remain in place until the court can hear and rule on the Tlicho Government's argument that doing away with the boards violates the Tlicho Agreement.
- The Brier: Adam Casey earns berth in main draw video
- Prince Edward Island's Adam Casey booked his berth in the main draw of the Canadian men's curling championship with a 7-6 extra-end win over Yukon's Bob Smallwood.
- Northern academics, artists gather in Iceland to talk about darkness
- Yellowknife based Inuk artist Tiffany Ayalik is one of the participants at the conference in Reykjavík, Iceland.
- Mark McDiarmid makes closing argument at attempted murder trial
- Mark McDiarmid is charged with attempting to murder two RCMP officers in Dawson City, Yukon, during an incident that resulted in him being shot by the officers.