Set Whitehorse as default location
Current ConditionsSun Sep 21, 14 at 1:00 PM PDT
Sunrise: 7:42 AM
Sunset: 8:05 PM
S 6 km/h
Pressure: 100.2 kPa
Periods of rain
Periods of rain
Summary(Celsius) Sun Sep 21, 14 at 11:00 AM PDT Sun Sep 21, 14 at 11:00 AM PDT
Periods of rain. Amount 5 to 10 mm. Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h late this afternoon. High 9.
Periods of rain ending late this evening then mainly cloudy. Wind southeast 20 km/h becoming south 40 gusting to 60 near midnight. Low 8.
Mainly cloudy. Wind south 40 km/h gusting to 60 becoming southwest 20 late in the afternoon then light in the evening. High 10.
|Mainly cloudy||Sunny||Chance of showers||Cloudy||Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries or rain showers|
12° | 2°
54° | 36°
8° | 1°
46° | 34°
5° | 1°
41° | 34°
7° | 0°
45° | 32°
8° | 0°
46° | 32°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Tom Gross, Hay River resident, continues search for Franklin's grave
- A man from Hay River, N.W.T., says he's dedicated about $100,000 to independently search for the grave of Sir John Franklin, whose ship was found earlier this month.
- National newspapers no longer sold in Yellowknife video
- National newspapers aren't available in Yellowknife anymore — the few stores that still shipped papers to the north stopped earlier this month, blaming lack of demand and increased freight costs.
- As UN summit approaches, Iqaluit joins rally on climate change
- A climate-change rally in Iqaluit is one of 70 events around the world that's happening Sunday in solidarity with the People's Climate March in New York City.
- Hurricane Odile: Newlyweds return to Whitehorse after storm video
- A Whitehorse couple is coming home today after getting married in Cabos San Lucas, Mexico, during Hurricane Odile.
- Photos Fire causes evacuation at Yellowknife apartment building
- The fire forced residents of the Ridgeview South apartment building on Gitzel Street in Yellowknife to evacuate the building for more than two hours.