Set Whitehorse as default location
Current ConditionsWed Dec 11, 13 at 8:00 PM PST
Feels like: -21
Feels like: -6
Sunrise: 10:00 AM
Sunset: 3:48 PM
S 13 km/h
Pressure: 101.2 kPa
Snow at times heavy
Summary(Celsius) Wed Dec 11, 13 at 4:00 PM PST Wed Dec 11, 13 at 4:00 PM PST
Snow at times heavy. Amount 10 cm. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 20. Cold wind chill minus 28. Risk of frostbite.
Snow. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind up to 15 km/h. Temperature steady near minus 20. Cold wind chill minus 29. Risk of frostbite.
Snow ending in the evening then cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Wind up to 15 km/h. Temperature steady near minus 21. Cold wind chill minus 29. Risk of frostbite.
|Snow||Periods of snow||Periods of snow||Cloudy||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud|
-11° | -19°
12° | -2°
-8° | -10°
18° | 14°
-16° | -19°
3° | -2°
-25° | -25°
-13° | -13°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Teresa Scheunert died of cardiac arrythmia: review doctor
- Teresa Scheunert did not die from mixed drug toxicity but from a "cardiac arrhythmia associated with sleep apnea," says the doctor who did a patient safety review for the Yukon Hospital Corporation.
- Yellowknife couple found guilty of growing marijuana video
- A Yellowknife couple has been found guilty of illegally growing marijuana, but the jury hearing the case downgraded the more serious charge of possession for the purpose of trafficking to simple possession.
- RCMP under investigation for injury during drug raids
- Police from Medicine Hat, Alta., are investigating the N.W.T. RCMP after a person was injured during drug den raids last Friday in Yellowknife.
- Air Canada orders 61 Boeing 737 MAX jets
- Air Canada is switching its narrowbody fleet to Boeing, announcing that it will purchase 61 of the U.S. manufacturer's newest narrowbody aircraft over the next decade in a deal with a face value of about $6.5 billion US.
- Iqaluit city council delays waste management plan video
- A new solid waste management plan could have been approved last night, but Iqaluit city councillors won't give up on the idea of incineration — something that technical staff say is too expensive.