Set Alert as default location
Current ConditionsFri Aug 29, 14 at 8:00 AM EDT
Sunrise: 12:00 AM
Sunset: 12:00 AM
SSW 15 km/h
Pressure: 101.0 kPa
|Data from Environment Canada is not available|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Updated Inuit were not the first people to settle in the Arctic
- A study published Thursday in the journal Science shows the first people to settle in the Arctic weren't Inuit but rather ‘Paleo-Eskimos’ — a Siberian people not genetically related to today’s Inuit or First Nations people.
- New Is mapping the North Pole seabed worth the time and money?
- 'There is no plausible way in which Canada could claim the North Pole,' says Arctic expert Michael Byers. Rob Huebert differs: 'The Arctic always has this ability to confound us.'
- 'Tundra Take-Back' cleans up old cars in Gjoa Haven, Arviat
- A pilot project called Tundra Take-Back recently spent time in Arviat and Gjoa Haven, Nunavut, cleaning up and crushing 65 old vehicles.
- First Air cuts service to Repulse Bay October 1
- First Air is discontinuing service to Repulse Bay on October 1, cutting one of its 33 commercial routes in the North. ‘We just couldn’t make it work economically,’ says First Air VP Bert van der Stege.
- After N.W.T. fires, concerns about caribou, bears, bison
- The worst forest fire season in decades has ravaged about 33,000 square kilometres of land — an area larger than the size of Vancouver Island. Now people are wondering how animal populations will be affected.