Set Alert as default location
Current ConditionsThu Dec 08, 16 at 5:00 AM EST
Feels like: -35
Feels like: -31
Sunrise: 12:00 AM
Sunset: 12:00 AM
WNW 10 km/h
Pressure: 102.5 kPa
|Data from Environment Canada is not available|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- New Staff at Nunavut hospital need more training to ensure patients' privacy protected
- A new privacy audit at Nunavut's only hospital revealed that no one is in charge of ensuring staff follow privacy regulations, there's no standard system to track who is accessing patient files and those files are sometimes left unattended.
- New Nunavut hunters in 'disbelief' over government's attempt to cut narwhal harvest
- Hunters in Pond Inlet, Nunavut, say they 'don’t believe' the government’s most recent scientific survey of narwhals in Nunavut, and are upset at the recent recommendation to cut the total allowable harvest by more than 100.
- NTI candidate: Joe Adla Kunuk wants increased accountability to communities
- 'We need to know what's happening with the many millions of dollars that NTI and the RIAs spend on an annual basis. We need to communicate that to the beneficiaries,' says Joe Adla Kunuk, one of four candidates running for president of Nunavut Tunngavik Inc.
- Canada's cold spot: -43 C means 'business as usual' in Old Crow, Yukon
- The remote fly-in community — Yukon's northernmost — is currently Canada's coldest spot, with temperatures at -43 C and forecast to dip to –50 C on Wednesday night.
- Woodlot contaminated, Yukon woodcutter must pay cleanup costs
- Romeo Leduc was convicted in Yukon territorial court on Tuesday for ignoring fuel spillage and storage rules at his woodlot near Haines Junction, and refusing to clean oil-soaked soils and debris left behind.