Set Alert as default location
Current ConditionsFri Jul 31, 15 at 5:00 AM EDT
Sunrise: 12:00 AM
Sunset: 12:00 AM
E 16 km/h
Pressure: 102.2 kPa
|Data from Environment Canada is not available|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Project Moose Hide teaches Deline youth traditional skills
- The loss of culture and traditional skills is a problem in Aboriginal communities across the country, but a group working in Deline, Northwest Territories is trying to teach youth skills like drum-making and how to work with hides.
- Federal government announces $64M for long-awaited Iqaluit port
- Conservative MP Leona Aglukkaq announced up to $64 million for a long-awaited port in Iqaluit Thursday, but added that if she's elected, she'll 'make sure' the funding remains in Nunavut's capital.
- Team Canada star inspires youth at Whitehorse hockey camp
- The 13th annual Northwestel Hockey Summit is underway this week in Whitehorse, and this year, young players from across the territory have a world-class role model to learn from: the first First Nations player to suit up for Team Canada's women's team.
- Franklin expedition to Arctic included cannibalism, researchers say
- Inuit have long shared tales of cannibalism on Sir John Franklin's last expedition to the Arctic, and now researchers say they have found evidence to back up those stories.
- Kieron Testart drops out of N.W.T. Liberal race, supports Michael McLeod
- The race for the Northwest Territories' Liberal Party nomination has been reduced to two, with former N.W.T. Liberal Association president Kieron Testart dropping out of the race and throwing his support behind former Deh Cho MLA Michael McLeod.