Set Alert as default location
Current ConditionsThu Sep 18, 14 at 1:00 PM EDT
Sunrise: 4:38 AM
Sunset: 7:29 PM
Pressure: 101.9 kPa
|Data from Environment Canada is not available|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Backlash grows against proposed N.W.T. power hike
- Over 650 people have added their names to Aaron Reid’s online petition urging the public utilities board to reject a proposed power rate increase. ‘This is a crisis situation that we’re in right now and the current solution that’s on the table isn’t acceptable.'
- Capstone lays off another 50 workers from Minto mine
- Another 50 people have been laid off at Yukon's Minto Mine in addition to the 44 people laid off in January as Capstone Mining hasn't received the permits it needs to begin work on a new pit.
- Satellite ministerial staff costs soar by 70 per cent during austerity years
- The cost of paying Conservative political staffers working in a network of satellite minister's offices ballooned by 70 per cent during the same years the government was asking departments to tighten their belts.
- Worst forest fires in 30 years cost N.W.T. $55 million
- The worst forest fire season in three decades has come to a close in the Northwest Territories, but the bill for the season is eight times the amount budgeted.
- Photos Kugluktuk, Nunavut, opens $2M heritage centre today
- After two years of construction, the community of Kugluktuk, Nunavut, will open the doors to its brand new visitor and heritage centre today, largely thanks to a donation by BHP Billiton.