Set Alert as default location
Current ConditionsMon Feb 08, 16 at 12:00 PM EST
Feels like: -37
Feels like: -35
Sunrise: 12:00 AM
Sunset: 12:00 AM
NW 5 km/h
Pressure: 102.0 kPa
|Data from Environment Canada is not available|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- To cut or not to cut? Norman Wells, N.W.T., goes years without a hairdresser
- People in Norman Wells, N.W.T., say they're in a 'desperate' situation — they haven't had a permanent hairdresser for years. That's led to some shaggy 'dos around town and some questionable DIYs.
- Ferry service between Happy Valley-Goose Bay and Iqaluit on the horizon
- The head of the Woodward Group of Companies says the deep water port in Iqaluit will open up shipping perishables, freight, and passengers from Labrador.
- N.W.T. not ready to implement assisted dying law, say health care leaders
- 'I have not seen any consideration of what some First Nations and Inuit perspectives might be on this issue, or what it might look like in remote health care settings,' says a Yellowknife-based doctor. A prominent elder agrees.
- New Stanton hospital being built where aboriginal wellness centre was to go
- The chair of the Stanton Territorial Health Authority Elders' Advisory Council says land currently being blasted to lay the foundation for the new Stanton Territorial Hospital had been set aside for an aboriginal wellness centre.
- Disabilities society looks at employment barriers in Nunavut
- The Nunavummi Disabilities Makinnasuaqtiit Society wants to find out what barriers exist when it comes to more inclusive hiring practices, and what employers need to hire more people with disabilities.