Gjoa Haven, NU
Set Gjoa Haven as default location
Current ConditionsTue Jan 27, 15 at 7:34 AM MST
Feels like: -42
Feels like: -44
Sunrise: 9:14 AM
Sunset: 1:58 PM
W 8 km/h
Chance of flurries
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Tue Jan 27, 15 at 3:00 AM MST Tue Jan 27, 15 at 3:00 AM MST
Mainly cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Wind northwest 20 km/h. High minus 30. Wind chill minus 48.
Cloudy. 60 percent chance of flurries this evening. Clearing before morning. Wind northwest 20 km/h. Low minus 35. Wind chill minus 47.
Sunny. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light in the evening. Temperature falling to minus 37 in the afternoon. Wind chill minus 52.
-34° | -37°
-29° | -35°
-33° | -39°
-27° | -38°
-33° | -37°
-27° | -35°
-31° | -34°
-24° | -29°
-30° | -32°
-22° | -26°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- New Violent incident at Yellowknife hospital leads to call for security changes
- Hospital employees are calling for revision of Stanton Territorial Hospital's security policy after a Friday incident with a patient required several staff needing medical treatment.
- New Hunter Tootoo to chair Nunavut Planning Commission
- Hunter Tootoo, who served as MLA for Iqaluit Centre from 1999 to 2013, has been appointed the new chair of the Nunavut Planning Commission.
- Justice system in northern Quebec “deficient”, says Quebec Bar
- The Quebec Bar Association says the justice system in northern Quebec is failing in almost every way.
- Frac sand drilling plans in North Arm, including popular beach, raise concerns
- The Yellowknives Dene First Nation, the North Slave Métis Alliance and the Tlicho government have all expressed concerns with Husky Oil Operation's plan to drill west of Yellowknife for silica, a type of sand used during the process of hydraulic fracturing.
- Iqaluit curlers get national experience in Corner Brook video
- A group of young women from Iqaluit are making a big impression on Newfoundland's west coast.