Gjoa Haven, NU
Set Gjoa Haven as default location
Current ConditionsTue Oct 21, 14 at 3:00 AM MDT
Data from Environment Canada is not available Data from Environment Canada is not available
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Tue Oct 21, 14 at 3:00 AM MDT Tue Oct 21, 14 at 3:00 AM MDT
Blizzard ending this afternoon then cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries. Snowfall amount 2 to 4 cm. Blowing snow with visibilities at times less than 2 kilometres late this afternoon. Wind east 30 km/h gusting to 60 becoming northeast 50 gusting to 70 this morning. Temperature falling to minus 14 this afternoon. Wind chill minus 27 this afternoon.
Cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries this evening. Clearing overnight. Blowing snow with visibilities at times less than 2 kilometres this evening. Wind northeast 40 km/h gusting to 60. Low minus 25. Wind chill minus 34.
Mainly sunny. Wind north 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light in the evening. Temperature steady near minus 25. Wind chill minus 38.
|Mainly sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
-24° | -32°
-11° | -26°
-15° | -28°
5° | -18°
-12° | -16°
10° | 3°
-11° | -12°
12° | 10°
-11° | -13°
12° | 9°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Grizzly bear entered Claudia Huber’s house before fatal attack
- The grizzly bear that killed Claudia Huber on the weekend came into her house through a window, then pursued Huber and her spouse when they ran outside, says Yukon’s coroner.
- Judge to deliver verdict Tuesday in Burwash Landing incident
- A Yukon judge is deliberating over an unusual trial with few witnesses, where two Burwash Landing men are charged with unlawful confinement and the victim has since died.
- Fort Good Hope elder's house catches fire twice in one day
- A fire at Ernest Cotchilly's home on Saturday restarted about two hours after firefighters put it out.
- Analysis Indian status: Why Lynn Gehl's court challenge matters
- Imagine if Canadians had to worry about losing their Canadian citizenship or the right to live in their home province based on who they married or their gender.
- From pilots to nurses: N.W.T. Gwich’in catalog post-secondary success
- A new timeline of post-secondary Gwich’in graduates is a catalog of firsts, from Fred Carmichael, the first aboriginal person in the N.W.T. to receive his commercial pilot’s licence to Rosalie Adams, the first Gwich’in nurse.