Gjoa Haven, NU
Set Gjoa Haven as default location
Current ConditionsThu Apr 27, 17 at 1:15 PM MDT
Feels like: -27
Feels like: -17
Sunrise: 3:32 AM
Sunset: 9:11 PM
WSW 22 km/h
Pressure: 101.4 kPa
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Thu Apr 27, 17 at 9:00 AM MDT Thu Apr 27, 17 at 9:00 AM MDT
Snow. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h this afternoon. Temperature falling to minus 20 this afternoon. Wind chill minus 29.
Light snow ending late this evening then partly cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Wind northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40. Low minus 25. Wind chill minus 36.
Mainly sunny. Wind northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40. High minus 19. Wind chill minus 37.
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Mother of 1 of 4 missing Fort Chipewyan hunters says she fears they didn't survive
- The mother of one of four hunters who went missing Sunday in Fort Chipewyan, Alta., says the men are experienced in the bush, but still fears they didn't survive.
- Inuit call for real action in Canada on anniversary of UN Indigenous rights declaration
- A year after Canada adopted the declaration without qualifications, the Inuit delegation spoke to their concerns at the 16th Session of the UN Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues.
- Photos Whitehorse honours 3 victims of homicide in memorial walk
- Hundreds of people walked through Whitehorse's McIntyre neighbourhood Wednesday to grieve and show support for the families of Sarah Mcintosh, Wendy Carlick and Greg Alvin Dawson. RCMP are investigating all three deaths as homicides.
- Hungry? Food trucks getting ready for Whitehorse summer
- So far, five food trucks have been allocated spots in the downtown. Some popular vendors are returning, and new ones will be starting up.
- Could Cree Nation's Kayleigh Spencer be the next Miss Indian World?
- In her job as a substitute teacher, Kayleigh Spencer spends her time trying to get young people to see their potential. But this week, she's encouraging her own, as she competes in the Miss Indian World pageant in Albuquerque, New Mexico.