Set Churchill as default location
Current ConditionsTue Jan 17, 17 at 1:00 PM CST
Feels like: -7
Feels like: 19
Sunrise: 8:52 AM
Sunset: 4:02 PM
SW 20 km/h
Pressure: 98.4 kPa
Periods of snow
Periods of snow
Summary(Celsius) Tue Jan 17, 17 at 11:00 AM CST Tue Jan 17, 17 at 11:00 AM CST
Periods of snow with risk of freezing rain. Snowfall amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind southwest 20 km/h gusting to 40. High minus 1.
Periods of snow ending this evening then cloudy. 30 percent chance of flurries overnight. Wind northwest 30 km/h. Low minus 10.
Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Temperature steady near minus 9.
|Chance of flurries||Periods of snow||Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
As we work through the week, temps will gradually get warmer toward Wednesday. This afternoon’s high looks like a breezy -3. The afternoon high on Wednesday rises to +2.
Thursday and through the weekend, daytime highs will be between zero and +1, although, the weekend looks a little messy with cloud cover and the possibility of some wet flurries.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Tuesday: S @ 20/25 in the morning. S @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: S @ 15/20 in the morning. S @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
Thursday: S @ 15 in the morning. S @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
- Online child sexual abuse images targeted by automated system
- The Canadian Centre for Child Protection has a new tool in its fight to find and eliminate child sexual abuse material on the internet.
- Public Safety Building to remain intact and closed to public for at least another year
- The demolition of the vacant Public Safety Building is on hold until 2018 at the earliest to allow the city to consult the public about what should rise on the site of the city's old police headquarters and the adjacent Civic Centre Parkade.
- Updated Girl, 15, missing in Winnipeg
- Winnipeg police are asking for the public's assistance in finding a 15-year-old girl who has gone missing.
- CBC Investigates Federal security officials approved Winnipeg police efforts to purchase spying devices video
- Federal public safety officials approved a licence that would enable the Winnipeg Police Service to purchase devices from an undisclosed company designed to intercept the private communications of citizens, documents obtained by CBC News reveal.
- Live Blog Retrial hears about finding Candace Derksen's body — 32 years after discovery
- The second day of Mark Edward Grant's retrial in the killing of Candace Derksen, 13, began this morning and the court is hearing from witnesses who had direct contact with evidence gathered at the scene where the girl's body was found 32 years ago today.