Set Churchill as default location
Current ConditionsFri May 06, 16 at 4:00 PM CDT
Feels like: -4
Feels like: 25
Sunrise: 5:07 AM
Sunset: 9:19 PM
SSE 4 km/h
Pressure: 101.3 kPa
A mix of sun and cloud
Summary(Celsius) Fri May 06, 16 at 4:00 PM CDT Fri May 06, 16 at 4:00 PM CDT
Light snow ending early this evening then cloudy. Low minus 6.
A mix of sun and cloud. Wind becoming north 20 km/h in the morning. High plus 1. UV index 4 or moderate.
A few clouds. Increasing cloudiness overnight. Wind north 20 km/h becoming light early in the evening. Low minus 6.
|A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Winnipeg was the warmest place in Canada yesterday at 35.2 degrees. I have a feeling that record high will stand for a long time. The showers I was talking about for this afternoon are scattered through the southern Red River Valley as of 1pm. Much of the rain falling from the cloud is evaporating before it even hits the ground. The airmass is very dry right now and the gusty winds are helping to dry up those raindrops as they fall. A few of them did make to the ground in Winnipeg earlier this morning. The winds stay strong through the afternoon and early evening but really drop off tonight. Saturday will be a sunny day across the south with fairly breezy conditions in the afternoon and a high of 21. For Mom’s Day, expect a pleasant 23 degrees for an afternoon high with a gentle summer breeze in the Winnipeg area. Just what Mom ordered. Monday brings sunshine and temps in the mid 20s but Tuesday is cooler with building cloud cover. Some important moisture looks like its on track for the middle of next week.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: N @ 40/60 in the afternoon.
Saturday: NW @ 15/20 Wind in the morning. NW @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Sunday: E @ 10/15 in the morning. SE @ 10 Wind in the afternoon.
Monday: SE @ 15/20in the morning. SE @ 25/30 in the afternoon.
- New Winnipeg trucker filling trailer with donations for Fort McMurray evacuees video
- A Winnipeg truck driver hopes Manitobans will help him fill a truck trailer to help Fort McMurray evacuees. Kyle Pachkowsky says if he was in the same situation he would hope for the same kind of help.
- New Man, 63, assaulted with skateboard at Winnipeg bus shelter
- Winnipeg police are looking for a male who allegedly assaulted a 63-year-old man by striking him repeatedly with a skateboard.
- Wind fuels 2 major forest fires burning in eastern Manitoba
- Windy conditions have Manitoba fire officials worried two major forest fires in the Whiteshell region will spread.
- Sparkly polar bear poo shines a light on research at the Assiniboine Park Zoo
- For the past two years polar bears held at the zoo have had a special ingredient in their diet - glitter. Several different colours of glitter are used to track fecal samples from the bears. The glitter is added to ground horse meat and then fed to the animals. Each bear is assigned its own colour so that zoo keepers know which poop belongs to which bear.
- Manitoba court grants woman with ALS physician-assisted death
- A Manitoba woman whose ALS has rendered her almost completely unable to move has been granted a physician-assisted death.