Set Churchill as default location
Current ConditionsTue Mar 11, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT
Feels like: -38
Feels like: -36
Sunrise: 7:45 AM
Sunset: 7:08 PM
NW 21 km/h
Pressure: 102.5 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Tue Mar 11, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT Tue Mar 11, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT
Clear. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 31. Wind chill minus 39.
Mainly sunny. High minus 17.
A few clouds. Wind becoming northeast 20 km/h before morning. Low minus 28. Wind chill minus 39.
-24° | -29°
-11° | -20°
-16° | -28°
3° | -18°
-16° | -28°
3° | -18°
-14° | -23°
7° | -9°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
It’s certainly a cooler day than yesterday, especially with the wind. Expect a high of -7. As of noon, we are at -9. On radar, I’m seeing a few flurries to the west of the Red River Valley and after some morning sunshine… it will be a cloudy afternoon. Winds drop to light tonight with a chilly low of -23 degrees. Wednesday is another slightly cool day at -6 along with some afternoon snow and blowing snow. We warm to +3 by Thursday afternoon. Expect a falling temp on Friday with a few flurries and a chilly weekend ahead.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Tuesday: NW @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: Light Wind in the morning. S @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
Thursday: SW @ 20 in the morning. W @ 25 in the afternoon.
Friday: NW @ 25/40 in the morning. NW @ 25/30 in the afternoon.
- New Winnipeg waives pipe-thawing fees for homes effective Feb. 28
- Winnipeg city officials are now waiving fees for citizens who have had their pipes thawed since Feb. 28, 2014.
- Winnipeg developer dinged $170K for not building park
- The city’s property committee has fined local developer Andrew Marquess $170,000 for building without a permit and breaching a city agreement.
- New Separatist ownership of community newspapers worries some mayors video
- If you live in Fort McMurray or Grande Prairie, Alta., Kenora, Sault Saint Marie, London or Niagara Falls, Ont., your local community daily is under the ownership of Quebecor — of which new Parti Quebecois candidate Pierre Karl Peladeau controls almost three quarters of the voting shares.
- UFO sightings soar to new heights in Canada
- UFO sightings in Canada are sky high, hitting a total only seen once before in the past 25 years.
- Winnipeg seeks ideas for developing Kenaston snow dump
- It's a mountain of snow right now, but the City of Winnipeg is looking for ideas on how to develop the snow dump lot on Kenaston Boulevard.