Set Churchill as default location
Current ConditionsThu Oct 27, 16 at 2:00 PM CDT
Sunrise: 8:22 AM
Sunset: 5:39 PM
S 4 km/h
Pressure: 101.4 kPa
Periods of snow
Summary(Celsius) Thu Oct 27, 16 at 11:00 AM CDT Thu Oct 27, 16 at 11:00 AM CDT
Periods of snow. Amount 5 cm. High zero.
Snow. Amount 2 cm. Wind becoming north 20 km/h before morning. Low minus 1.
Periods of light snow. Wind north 20 km/h. Temperature falling to minus 5 in the afternoon.
|Periods of light snow||Cloudy||A mix of sun and cloud||Cloudy||Chance of flurries||Cloudy|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Much of the province is under cloud cover but here in the Winnipeg area we are seeing a nice mix of sun and cloud. My forecast high is 10 today but if I miss that number, it’ll be low. There’s a good chance we’ll see some temps up around 12 degrees this afternoon. Cloud is back with us for Friday as another low moves west to east across the central portion on Manitoba. Right now, the forecast models keep the rain to the north of the Trans-Canada. The track of that low will be important in determining whether we get showers here in Winnipeg on Friday. I have a chance of showers in my forecast for the morning and afternoon but it looks like Friday evening will be wet and breezy out of the northwest as the rain wraps around behind the cold front. Saturday is a cloudy, cool day with a high of just 5 degrees. By Sunday, we are back into a sun/cloud mix and starting to warm up again. In the north, the next couple of days bring cloudy, drizzly conditions. From Thompson north, the drizzle is mixed with wet flurries and there is an accumulating snow today and tonight in the far north including Churchill.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: S @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Friday: S @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Saturday: NW @ 20/30 in the morning. NW @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Sunday: W @ 10 in the morning. SE @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
- New 'Trunk or treat': Trick-or-treat tailgating for a rural Halloween
- A Manitoba community is hatching a plan to make Halloween less tricky and more of a treat for rural trick-or-treaters.
- Training police pups is tough, rewarding and sometimes heartbreaking work
- The charming image of a napping police pup, flopped on a desk between a keyboard and printer, has melted hearts online, including that of an officer who knows what it's like to love and lose a canine partner.
- Manitoban named to Senate looks forward to 'an extraordinary experience'
- One of three Manitobans named to the Senate, palliative care expert Dr. Harvey Max Chochinov, says he hopes to continue his research while serving in the Red Chamber.
- Helpful Winnipeg Transit driver overwhelmed by online kudos
- Raminder Chahal says he stopped his bus to help a passenger to her door because he sees his own parents in every older person — and when his good deed went viral, his mom is the first person he told.
- Updated Police advance slowly on oil pipeline protest camp
- Armed law enforcement officers and soldiers, including some in riot gear, moved in on Thursday to remove Dakota Access pipeline protesters camped on private land in the path of the oil pipeline in North Dakota.