Set Churchill as default location
Current ConditionsThu Apr 27, 17 at 12:00 PM CDT
UV: 5 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 5:31 AM
Sunset: 8:58 PM
SSE 8 km/h
Pressure: 102.0 kPa
A few clouds
Summary(Celsius) Thu Apr 27, 17 at 11:00 AM CDT Thu Apr 27, 17 at 11:00 AM CDT
Sunny. High plus 1. UV index 5 or moderate.
A few clouds. Low minus 14.
Increasing cloudiness. 30 percent chance of flurries in the afternoon. Wind becoming north 30 km/h early in the afternoon. High minus 3.
|Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
I’m tracking a system that, believe it or not, has some snow associated with it to the east of the Red River Valley. I don’t think the flurries are in the cards for the Winnipeg area but certainly in the Whiteshell and Northwestern Ontario today.
Here in the valley, we’ve enjoyed a sunny morning but will see a little more cloud this afternoon and a very breezy a cool high of only 5 degrees.
To the west today, skies are bright and temps will be a little warmer, closer to 8 degrees.
We turn the corner toward the weekend as high pressure builds into the eastern prairies. We are still in a northerly flow on Friday so temps here in the southeast will still below the seasonal normal at about 9 or 10 degrees.
Saturday and Sunday, the winds turn southerly and that means temps will be in the mid teens with fairly light winds and sunny skies. Get ready for a much nicer weekend than last across southern Manitoba.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: N @ 40/50 in the afternoon.
Friday: NW @ 20 in the morning. NW @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
Saturday: S @ 10 in the morning. S @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
Sunday: S @ 10 in the morning. Light Wind the afternoon.
- New Police block East Kildonan street for investigation
- Winnipeg police are asking the public to avoid an East Kildonan street, where officers have blocked off a section as part of an investigation.
- VIDEO COMMENTING Disabled Winnipegger plans human rights complaint after broken elevator leaves him 'trapped' in home video
- Cam Slimmon hasn't been able to use the elevator in his downtown apartment for more than a week. Now the disabled Winnipeger is planning to file a human rights complaint over access issues and wants to set a precedent for disabled people in their own homes.
- Updated Man charged with gun offences after serious incident in West End
- A Winnipeg man has been charged with several firearm offences after a weapon was fired inside a home on the 600 block of Sherburn Street Wednesday afternoon. He is currently in police custody.
- Red River College unveil plans for $95M Innovation Centre at Exchange District campus
- Red River College's presence in Winnipeg's Exchange District is about to grow once again, thanks to the construction of a $95-million Innovation Centre.
- Manitoba farmer names federal government, company that acquired wheat board in $160M lawsuit
- A Manitoba farmer is hoping to have a multi-million dollar lawsuit against the federal government and the company that eventually replaced the Canadian Wheat Board moved to the Manitoba Court of Queen’s Bench.