Set Churchill as default location
Current ConditionsThu Apr 17, 14 at 5:00 PM CDT
Feels like: -10
Feels like: 14
Sunrise: 5:58 AM
Sunset: 8:34 PM
NNW 22 km/h
Pressure: 102.3 kPa
A few clouds
Summary(Celsius) Thu Apr 17, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT Thu Apr 17, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT
A few clouds. Wind west 30 km/h becoming light early this evening. Low minus 17.
Mainly sunny. High zero. UV index 4 or moderate.
Clear. Low minus 12.
|Mainly sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny|
-3° | -8°
27° | 18°
2° | -12°
36° | 10°
-1° | -7°
30° | 19°
-3° | -10°
27° | 14°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Remember the snow I was talking about yesterday just south of us in Minnesota? Some areas north of the Twin Cities picked up 30cm. I call that a near miss! Lots of sunshine today with lighter winds that yesterday will allow temps to get up to 3 or 4 degrees. I’m watching a couple of disturbances over the long weekend that appear to hit us in the south in the later hours of Friday and again on Sunday. The first one arrives late Friday night into Saturday morning. It will bring wet snow mixed with rain overnight into the morning hours on Saturday…. then taper to showers through the day. We may even see some clearing in the late afternoon. Easter Sunday starts as a bright day, but again, cloud rolls in through the evening and another batch of rain moves through. It looks like the precip with this one will stay in the liquid form. We’ll clear up Monday afternoon. Temps Sunday through Tuesday…. not as warm as I originally thought but still right around seasonal.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: NE @ 10 in the afternoon.
Friday: SE @ 20/25 in the morning. SE @ 30 in the afternoon.
Saturday: SE @ 20/25 in the morning. W @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Sunday: Light Wind in the morning. SE @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
- Manitoba ombudsman to probe Tory accusation of email cover-up
- Manitoba's NDP government has shot down an opposition demand for an inquiry into the actions of a former cabinet minister.
- RCMP make arrest in cold case killing of Manitoba girl
- RCMP have made an arrest in the killing of a 14-year-old girl from Wabowden, Man.
- Red River to crest in Emerson over Easter weekend
- The Red River is predicted to crest in Emerson and officials from the City of Winnipeg and the Manitoba government are working together in preparation.
- Players’ Championship: Mike McEwen defeats Jeff Stoughton
- Mike McEwen edged Jeff Stoughton 5-4 in a battle of Winnipeg skips Thursday at the Players' Championship in Summerside, Prince Edward Island.
- New Winnipeg Folk Fest unveils official 2014 T-shirt designs
- The Winnipeg Folk Fest has selected two designs to grace the 2014 Folk Fest T-shirts.