Set Brochet as default location
Current ConditionsThu Aug 28, 14 at 8:00 PM CDT
Sunrise: 6:38 AM
Sunset: 8:58 PM
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Thu Aug 28, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT Thu Aug 28, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT
Partly cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers early this evening. Wind west 30 km/h. Low plus 3.
A mix of sun and cloud. Becoming sunny late in the afternoon. Wind northwest 20 km/h. High 15. UV index 4 or moderate.
Clear. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light early in the evening. Low 6.
|Mainly sunny||Sunny||Chance of showers||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud|
15° | 9°
59° | 48°
14° | 8°
57° | 46°
13° | 6°
55° | 43°
12° | 4°
54° | 39°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Here in southern Manitoba, today is a great day to get outside. I’m expecting a high of around 27 in Winnipeg and sunny skies right across the south. It’s a different story in the north. “Unsettled” best describes today’s weather with isolated storms headed toward the Island Lake and Flin Flon areas and scattered showers across the northern border. I’m tracking a couple of disturbances through different parts of the south in the next 24 hours. This afternoon, the extreme southeast corner of the province (Sprague) could see a scattered shower from a system moving into Ontario from Minnesota. There is also a trough headed into the west tonight that will bring some showers or a weak thunderstorm in the late evening to Dauphin, Brandon and Swan River regions. That weather moves into the Red River Valley by Friday morning. After some showers in the morning. we’ll start to clear Friday afternoon. Saturday will be a great day…. dry with lots of sun and seasonal temps.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: S @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Friday: Light Wind in the morning. N @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Saturday: Light Wind in the morning. SE @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Sunday: S @ 20/25 in the morning. W @ 25/30 in the afternoon.
- Winnipeg universities send memo to quell ebola concerns video
- Winnipeg university students are being told about the arrival of international students from areas affected by the Ebola virus.
- Camper Chris Cloutier recalls 3-day ordeal in Manitoba wilderness video
- A Manitoba camper who was lost in the woods for three days says he relied on skills he saw on TV to survive, as well as a lighter and a bag of all-dressed potato chips.
- Wasylycia-Leis leading Winnipeg mayoral race, 2 polls find video
- Two early election polls put Judy Wasylycia-Leis in the front of the race for the mayor's job in Winnipeg.
- Habitat for Humanity grateful for donations after tool thefts
- The head of Habitat for Humanity in Manitoba says he's humbled by the response he's received from the community after thousands of dollars in construction tools were stolen earlier this month.
- Man, 74, hit by semi near Manitoba campground
- A 74-year-old man was rushed to hospital Thursday afternoon after being hit by a semi near Creekside Campground.