Set Brochet as default location
Current ConditionsSat Aug 01, 15 at 12:00 AM CDT
Sunrise: 5:38 AM
Sunset: 10:08 PM
WNW 11 km/h
Chance of showers
Periods of rain
Summary(Celsius) Fri Jul 31, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT Fri Jul 31, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT
Partly cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers early this evening with risk of thunderstorms. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light late this evening. Low 11.
Mainly sunny. Increasing cloudiness in the afternoon then periods of rain. Wind northwest 20 km/h. High 19. UV index 5 or moderate.
Periods of rain. Wind north 30 km/h. Low 9.
|Periods of rain||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
We are in a consistent pattern with the Jet Stream running over Manitoba NW to SE in a line from Swan River through to the Kenora region. Under that jet, we are seeing afternoon scattered showers forming and, at times, thunderstorms. Expect the same scenario for Saturday afternoon in NW Ontario. There is also a slight chance for a stray showers around Wpg both Saturday and Sunday afternoon. The farther west and south you are (Brandon) the less chance for a shower you have. Temps should in the mid 20s over the weekend for the Red River Valley and upper 20s for the SW corner of the province. Expect low 20s for NW Ontario. The first half of next week is slightly cooler across southern MB with highs in the low 20s.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Saturday: SW @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 20 in the afternoon.
Sunday: NW @ 15 in the morning. NW @ 30/40 the afternoon.
Monday: NW @ 15 in the morning. NW @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
- 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper got his start in the ring in Winnipeg
- WWE legend "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, 61, died of natural causes in his Hollywood home on Thursday.
- Manitobans more likely to find unlicensed payday lenders online: study
- Manitobans looking for payday loans online are more likely to find unlicensed lenders than licensed lenders, according to a nationwide study released Friday by the Consumers Council of Canada.
- Siloam Mission to launch fund for Oanh Pham's family
- Winnipeg's Siloam Mission is launching a fund this weekend to help the family of Oanh Pham, who was killed when she was hit by a truck on Thursday.
- Stanley Cup sighting in Lester Beach thrills cottagers
- Two special visitors surprised cottagers and beach-goers in Lester Beach, Man., on Friday — Chicago Blackhawks defenceman Duncan Keith and none other than the Stanley Cup.
- Video Top 3 Winnipeg burger joints to try this summer video
- For some people, summer and burgers go hand in hand. CBC Manitoba asked local food fanatic Meghan Duffy to pick her top three Winnipeg burger joints.