Set Brochet as default location
Current ConditionsTue May 31, 16 at 1:00 PM CDT
Sunrise: 4:56 AM
Sunset: 10:34 PM
ESE 13 km/h
Periods of rain
Periods of rain
Summary(Celsius) Tue May 31, 16 at 11:00 AM CDT Tue May 31, 16 at 11:00 AM CDT
Periods of rain. High 10.
Cloudy. 60 percent chance of rain this evening and after midnight. Low plus 5.
A mix of sun and cloud. High 17.
|A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Rain||Periods of rain||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
A low pressure system is stalled near the international border and continues to deliver rain and wind to most of southern Manitoba. Already the community of Pierson, MB has received 65mm. Melita is up to 49mm (as of noon). Thunderstorms could also bring locally higher amounts of rain. Here in Winnipeg, the rest of Tuesday is cloudy with occasional showers and gusty winds out of the east. Winnipeg is up to 17mm at noon. To the west in Brandon, same story as the main band of rain is moving to the north today. As this latest low pressure system wraps around and the cold front passes Tuesday night, another band of rain moves through southern Manitoba into Wednesday. By Wednesday morning, winds are northwest and gusty and Wednesday’s high is only 13 degrees under cloudy skies and showers tapering off through the day. Expect clearing on Wednesday evening and a fairly sunny day on Thursday with temps back in the low 20’s. But wait…. there’s another round of showers or thunderstorms on Friday before a drier weekend with temps back to 23 or 24 degrees on Saturday and Sunday.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Tuesday: E @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: N @ 30 in the morning. NW @ 30/40 Wind in the afternoon.
Thursday: Light Wind in the morning. SE @ 10 in the afternoon.
Friday: S @ 25/40 in the morning. W @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
- Suspects arrested in Winnipeg after addictions workers beaten
- Two suspects wanted by RCMP in connection with a violent assault at a treatment centre in Selkirk have been arrested in Winnipeg.
- New MMIW cases won't stop until root causes addressed, says Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police
- Saskatoon's police chief says looking at the way plane crashes are investigated could help officials understand the reasons behind the estimated 1,200 cases of missing and murdered women Indigenous women in Canada.
- From CBC archives: NHL announces return to Winnipeg video
- On May 31, 2011, people gathered in hockey jerseys and face paint at The Forks and at Portage and Main to celebrate the return of the NHL to Winnipeg.
- Winnipeg rapid transit corridors may be ineligible for federal funds
- Winnipeg's next dedicated bus corridor may not be eligible for $80 million worth of federal funds earmarked for transit projects in Manitoba, Winnipeg Transit director Dave Wardrop says.
- New Drop in photo radar tickets means speeders getting message: Winnipeg police
- Drivers seem to be adjusting their behaviour in photo enforcement zones, and the Winnipeg Police Service projects that's going to cost them almost $900,000 in revenue this year.