Set Brochet as default location
Current ConditionsFri Nov 21, 14 at 12:00 PM CST
Feels like: -14
Feels like: 7
Sunrise: 8:45 AM
Sunset: 4:20 PM
NW 5 km/h
Periods of light snow
Summary(Celsius) Fri Nov 21, 14 at 11:00 AM CST Fri Nov 21, 14 at 11:00 AM CST
Periods of light snow ending this afternoon then cloudy. High minus 12.
Clearing this evening. Low minus 27.
Sunny. Increasing cloudiness late in the afternoon then 40 percent chance of flurries in the evening. High minus 22.
|Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries||Sunny||Chance of flurries|
-25° | -30°
-13° | -22°
-19° | -25°
-2° | -13°
-25° | -29°
-13° | -20°
-23° | -29°
-9° | -20°
-19° | -24°
-2° | -11°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Yes we are warming up but the gusty wind makes it feel much cooler than the -3 temp this afternoon. We currently have a freezing rain warning in effect for Dauphin, Swan River, Ste Rose, Grand Rapids and Arborg. Conditions supporting the formation of freezing rain will subside in that area later this afternoon. There is a slight risk for freezing rain in the northern Red River Valley later today. Friday is also a fairly cloudy day but I do see some clear breaks to the west on the satellite image. Expect a mostly cloudy day as well on Saturday with a chance for some evening flurries. Winds won’t be as strong and we’ll get to -1 in the afternoon. Sunday… things change again. The -2 afternoon high will be early in the afternoon before the cold front pushes through. Expect a sudden and cold wind shift in the afternoon with falling temperatures and some snow Sunday afternoon and evening. Next week will be cold again starting with Monday. We start the week with flurries, gusty winds out of the northwest and a daytime high -11. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are also very cold with a mix of sun and cloud.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: S @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Saturday: NE @ 10 in the morning. E @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Sunday: SE @ 10/15 in the morning. NW @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
Monday: NW @ 40/60 in the morning. NW @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
- New U.S. man sentenced to 36 years for kidnapping that ended in Manitoba
- A Colorado man has been sentenced to 36 years in prison for abducting his young son from his estranged wife's home and driving 1,500 kilometres to Canada, where he was arrested in Brandon, Man.
- Winnipeggers must clear their own windrows, city says
- Keep those shovels ready this winter if you want to get past the windrows in your back alley, because the City of Winnipeg isn't going to clear them away.
- Winnie-the-Pooh spanked by Polish council for not wearing pants video
- Beloved storybook character Winnie-the-Pooh has been banned from a Polish playground.
- Premier Selinger apologizes for not disclosing free Jets tickets
- Manitoba Premier Greg Selinger apologized in the legislature today for not disclosing that he accepted free Winnipeg Jets tickets in 2011, while he was grilled by the Opposition over the infighting in his NDP government.
- PTE’s Vigil delivers a darkly comic look at death
- Morris Panych’s Vigil makes a welcome return to Prairie Theatre Exchange, where it last ran in 1997 — and it’s back with half the cast of the earlier production.