Set Brochet as default location
Current ConditionsThu Dec 05, 13 at 6:00 PM CST
Feels like: -34
Feels like: -29
Sunrise: 9:13 AM
Sunset: 4:02 PM
NNW 18 km/h
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Thu Dec 05, 13 at 4:00 PM CST Thu Dec 05, 13 at 4:00 PM CST
Mainly cloudy. 60 percent chance of flurries this evening. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 32. Wind chill minus 43 overnight.
Clearing in the morning. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 25. Wind chill minus 36 in the afternoon.
Clear. Temperature steady near minus 26.
|Clearing||Sunny||Sunny||Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny|
-23° | -27°
-9° | -17°
-25° | -28°
-13° | -18°
-25° | -33°
-13° | -27°
-24° | -30°
-11° | -22°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Here are some snowfall amounts that were sent to me by my friend Dale over at Env. Canada. Winnipeg area: 12 to 17 cm, Pinawa: 21cm, Portage area: 9 to 16 cm, Brandon area: 4 to 6 cm, Morden area: 15 to 17 cm, and Sprague/Steinbach: 25cm. The snow falling is not the issue today, it the blowing and drifting of snow in open areas. Visibility at the airport has improved to 8km so that is much better than yesterday. We pay pick up another centimetre or so but that’s it. I’m even seeing the odd sunny break this afternoon. The other part of this storm story is the frigid weather that follows. We’ll struggle to get past -20 for a daytime high from Friday right through Wednesday next week. We also have a good shot at a -30 temp on Sunday morning.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: NW @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
Friday: NW @ 25/40 in the morning. NW @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Saturday: SW @ 10 in the morning. SW @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
Sunday: S @ 15 in the morning. S @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
- New Nelson Mandela remembered in Manitoba
- The death of Nelson Mandela, South Africa's anti-apartheid hero and former president, is being mourned by many in Manitoba, including those who have met him.
- Manitoba PST hike to become law, despite Tory opposition
- The Manitoba government's sales tax increase is set to become law, but the Opposition Tories aren't giving up their fight against it quietly.
- Timeline shows police delay in finding Lisa Gibson's children video
- A timeline of emergency response on the day Lisa Gibson drowned her children in a bathtub and then herself in the river shows a long delay until police found the kids and requested an ambulance.
- Accomplice in Pizza Hotline axe murder found guilty video
- A second person has now been found guilty of the slaying of 54-year-old Pizza Hotline worker Gerald Crayford.
- Roads in rough shape after winter blast in Manitoba video
- It was another treacherous day of driving in southern Manitoba today, where roads and highways were in poor condition from Wednesday's winter storm.