Set Brochet as default location
Current ConditionsWed Jan 28, 15 at 4:30 PM CST
Feels like: -29
Feels like: -20
Sunrise: 8:59 AM
Sunset: 5:00 PM
N 8 km/h
Summary(Celsius) Wed Jan 28, 15 at 4:00 PM CST Wed Jan 28, 15 at 4:00 PM CST
Cloudy. Clearing late this evening. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 33. Extreme wind chill minus 45.
Sunny. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light in the morning. High minus 21. Wind chill minus 46 in the morning and minus 34 in the afternoon.
Increasing cloudiness late in the evening. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 29. Wind chill minus 34.
|Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
-27° | -35°
-17° | -31°
-25° | -34°
-13° | -29°
-24° | -31°
-11° | -24°
-24° | -33°
-11° | -27°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
The freezing drizzle I talked about yesterday for the south this morning really placed a challenge on the morning commute whether that was driving or walking. Anywhere south of the lakes is in an advisory. North of that line is a snowfall warning talking about 10-15cms of snow. All of this moves east by later tonight as the northwest winds start to gust to 50km/h and the temperature drops into the mid minus teens. Thursday bring a slightly brighter sky with a steady or falling temperature. We get a bit of a break Friday with a high of -8 and another little blast of snow (1-2cm) across the south. Then, the reality check…. we’ll be at around -22 by Saturday afternoon and -28 by Sunday morning.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: NW @ 30/50 in the evening.
Thursday: NW @ 30/40 in the morning. NW @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Friday: S @ 20/30 in the morning. S @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Saturday: NNW @ 30/40 in the morning. NW @ 20 in the afternoon.
- Winnipeg's boil-water advisory remains in place until at least Thursday video
- Test results show Winnipeg water is safe for drinking, but residents will remain under a precautionary citywide boil-water advisory until results of further sampling are received Thursday afternoon.
- ACCESS Winnipeg West clinic to remain closed for months
- A community health centre next to the Grace Hospital will remain closed for several months after water pipes burst, flooding the facility in early January.
- 2 charged in Dustin McKay death, Winnipeg's first homicide of 2015
- Two men are in custody following the Jan. 23 death of 22-year-old Dustin McKay, Winnipeg's first homicide of the year.
- New From the CBC archives: Gas price war hits Winnipeg, 1983 video
- Winnipeggers rushed to the pumps 32 years ago to take advantage of a "price war" brewing between rival gas stations, as we see in this CBC News report from Feb. 2, 1983.
- Boil-water advisory: ‘Gotta learn to live with it’ FN chief says
- Winnipeggers dealing with a city-wide boil-water advisory for the first time in the city’s history are getting a taste of what it’s like to live on one of Manitoba’s First Nations.