Leaf Rapids, MB
Set Leaf Rapids as default location
Current ConditionsWed Apr 01, 15 at 7:00 PM CDT
Feels like: -19
Feels like: -2
Sunrise: 7:10 AM
Sunset: 8:16 PM
NE 34 km/h
Summary(Celsius) Wed Apr 01, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT Wed Apr 01, 15 at 4:00 PM CDT
Snow ending late this evening then clearing. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind northeast 30 km/h. Low minus 22. Wind chill minus 32.
Sunny. Wind northeast 20 km/h becoming northwest 20 near noon. High minus 15. Wind chill minus 32. UV index 3 or moderate.
Clear. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light early in the evening. Low minus 29. Wind chill minus 37.
-13° | -29°
9° | -20°
-11° | -28°
12° | -18°
-5° | -24°
23° | -11°
-1° | -18°
30° | -0°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
What a change a day will make. In southern Manitoba we’ll see temps in the mid teens today - then 24 hours later - below zero! It’s the same disturbance bringing 10-15cm of snow to areas just north of the big lakes. The Pas, Flin Flon, Norway House and Island Lake are currently (as of noon) under a snowfall warning. As that system tracks east tonight and into Thursday, the colder air behind it wraps around into the south. Here in Winnipeg, temps will continue to fall through Thursday to -2 by the afternoon along with a northwest wind at 40 gusting to 60km/h. We’ll also be dealing with a mixture of showers and flurries on and off through the day. Other than a few flurries overnight Friday into Saturday, our weather through the Easter weekend is fairly dry and on the cool side of normal (+6) well into next week.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Wednesday: WNW @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Thursday: SW @ 20 in the morning. NW @ 40/60 in the afternoon.
Friday: NW @ 15/20 the morning. NW @ 10 the afternoon.
Saturday: N @ 25/30 in the morning. N @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
- New Allegiant Air pilots strike averted by court ruling
- Pilots at discount carrier Allegiant Air were prevented in their plans to strike Thursday after a federal court issued a temporary restraining order.
- New Winnipeg mom wants support, not pity, on World Autism Awareness Day
- A Winnipeg mother says she wants people to understand the truth of their lives, as World Autism Awareness Day is marked April 2.
- Updated Children in care to be taken out of Winnipeg hotels after serious attack on girl video
- Manitoba's family services minister has ordered staff to remove children in care from Winnipeg hotels, in light of a serious attack this morning that left a 15-year-old girl in critical condition.
- Main Street sniffing 'out of control' says Winnipeg worker video
- Solvent sniffing near Winnipeg's Main Street downtown is so out of control that a woman working in the vicinity says she observes sniffers deteriorating daily and wonders when they will die.
- Winnipeg school becomes circus training camp for a week video
- Gordon Bell High School has been transformed into a circus, and this ain't no April Fools' Day joke. The Circus and Magic Partnership (C.A.M.P.) is put on by the Winnipeg International Children's Festival every year over spring break.