Leaf Rapids, MB
Set Leaf Rapids as default location
Current ConditionsSat Feb 06, 16 at 1:00 AM CST
Feels like: -36
Feels like: -33
Sunrise: 8:27 AM
Sunset: 5:19 PM
ESE 15 km/h
Summary(Celsius) Fri Feb 05, 16 at 4:00 PM CST Fri Feb 05, 16 at 4:00 PM CST
Increasing cloudiness. Snow beginning near midnight. Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h near midnight. Low minus 28. Wind chill minus 41.
Snow. Amount 5 to 10 cm. Wind southeast 30 km/h gusting to 50. High minus 18. Wind chill minus 38.
Snow. Amount 5 to 10 cm. Wind east 20 km/h becoming light near midnight. Low minus 23. Wind chill minus 32.
|Snow||Periods of snow||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
We do warm up on Saturday to -2 ahead of a snowy and blustery clipper crossing the region on Sunday. Snow will intensify Saturday night and so will the wind. Sunday will not be a great day to be on highways. I’m expecting 5-7cm of snowfall but winds gusting to 60km/h on Sunday afternoon so expect visibility issues on southern Manitoba highways. On Monday we’ll see some sunshine but a falling temperature as cold, Arctic air filters southward. Temps should be at around -18 by Monday afternoon and into the mid minus 20s by Tuesday morning. Current computer models are bringing more flurries in on Wednesday and more chilly weather our way for the end of next week.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Saturday: SE @ 20/25 in the morning. S @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Sunday: NW @ 30/50 in the morning. NW @ 40/60 in the afternoon.
Monday: NW @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 25/40 in the afternoon.
- Video Jets post: 'Did a hell of a job digging themselves out of a hole,' coach says video
- The Winnipeg Jets got stormed early by the Carolina Hurricanes. The Jets were down 4-0 at the halfway mark of the first period. The Jets managed to score the next three goals and out shot the Hurricanes 19-6 in the third period but in the end it was just too big a hole to dig themselves out from.
- Liberals, NDP court indigenous candidates ahead of Manitoba election
- At least 13 indigenous candidates will run between the Manitoba New Democratic and Liberal parties in the upcoming provincial election — a number up slightly from the 2011 election.
- COLUMN Jets, Moose and the common denominator
- The Winnipeg Jets, holding the deed to the Central Division basement for some time now, are in a position where they are closer to the bottom of the NHL standings than they are to a postseason berth.
- Stolen SUV hit police cruiser during pursuit in Neepawa, say RCMP video
- A 27-year-old man from Fort McMurray, Alta., has been arrested following an incident in western Manitoba in which a stolen sport-utility vehicle led RCMP on a high-speed chase, collided with one of the cruisers, then dragged an officer who was trying to make the arrest.
- Opinion Don't push rosy portrayals of refugee crisis response, Steven Zhou urges
- The danger of portraying a difficult and complicated process as a one-dimensional feel-good moment or story is that it indirectly encourages complacency among the wider community, Steven Zhou writes.