Leaf Rapids, MB
Set Leaf Rapids as default location
Current ConditionsMon Feb 20, 17 at 4:00 PM CST
Feels like: -11
Feels like: 12
Sunrise: 7:53 AM
Sunset: 5:52 PM
E 13 km/h
Chance of flurries
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Mon Feb 20, 17 at 4:00 PM CST Mon Feb 20, 17 at 4:00 PM CST
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Low minus 13.
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. High minus 8.
Mainly cloudy. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 20. Wind chill minus 29.
|Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Hope your Family Day / Louis Riel Day is going well. Would be nice if the weather was a little drier and brighter. Here in the southeast, it’s raining steadily and outdoor winter activities are a challenge if even possible.
I’m tracking a couple of lows connected by a trough of low pressure. This system is bringing heavy snow, freezing rain and blizzard conditions to parts of the north… and rain to the southeast. Rainfall amounts could be as high as 10mm.
Some of the rain will turn into flurries or light snow heading into Tuesday. We also have a strong chance of fog Monday night into Tuesday morning. Tuesday’s high is still mild at 3 degrees.
We start to cool off and dry out for the second half of the week. I have us at -3 Thursday afternoon and -8 for a high on Saturday. Icy sidewalks will likely be a concern after the temps drop back to the seasonal normal.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Monday: W @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Tuesday: S @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 10 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: N @ 15/20 in the morning. N @ 25/40 in the afternoon.
Thursday: NW @ 15/20 in the morning. N @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
- 'Honour a great man': Métis call for Louis Riel to be exonerated, named Father of Confederation
- Every year, the question is asked: should Louis Riel be exonerated for a fatal conviction of high treason against Canada?
- Jacob Trouba suspended for illegal check on Senators' Mark Stone
- The NHL has suspended Winnipeg Jets defenceman Jacob Trouba for two games for an illegal check to the head of Ottawa Senators forward Mark Stone.
- 'It's special to be a Métis' on Louis Riel Day
- For most Manitoba workers, Louis Riel Day is a holiday — a day off that breaks up the stretch of time between New Years and Easter and allows people to spend time with family. At the Canadian Museum for Human Rights though, there are a few people working really hard to celebrate the legacy of Riel.
- Winnipeg woman turns to social media to get stolen rings back
- Jessica Yakiwchuk's River Heights house was broken into Friday night. Thieves stole two jewellery boxes containing sentimental items from her two deceased grandmothers, including wedding rings.
- 'My only goal is to get justice': Sue Caribou heads to MMIW inquiry's 1st family advisory circle
- Susan Caribou will be sharing the stories of her family who have been murdered or disappeared in Manitoba at the first meeting of the family advisory circle in Toronto with the missing and murdered Indigenous women inquiry.