Set Taloyoak as default location
Current ConditionsThu Aug 21, 14 at 6:00 PM MDT
Sunrise: 3:44 AM
Sunset: 8:50 PM
W 5 km/h
Pressure: 102.3 kPa
Chance of showers
A mix of sun and cloud
Summary(Celsius) Thu Aug 21, 14 at 2:00 PM MDT Thu Aug 21, 14 at 2:00 PM MDT
Cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers early this evening. Fog patches developing late this evening. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h this evening. Low plus 2.
A mix of sun and cloud. Fog patches dissipating in the morning. Wind northwest 20 km/h. High 7.
Partly cloudy. Becoming cloudy in the evening. Wind west 20 km/h becoming light in the evening. Low plus 1.
|A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Cloudy||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
10° | 2°
50° | 36°
6° | 3°
43° | 37°
11° | 5°
52° | 41°
10° | 5°
50° | 41°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Stephen Harper announces northern research program
- Prime Minister Stephen Harper announced a new research program that will develop and commercialize cold-climate technology during the kick-off of his ninth annual northern tour in Whitehorse, Yukon.
- Gwich’in Tribal Council gets clean audit for 2014
- An independent auditor presented a clean audit to the Gwich’in Tribal Council general assembly in Inuvik, but delegates still have questions about financial mismanagement.
- RCMP in Cape Dorset arrest man with firearm without injury
- Part of Cape Dorset was cordoned off this morning while RCMP dealt with an armed man. The man has surrended to police and RCMP say charges are pending.
- Photos Snowfield fined $40K for abandoned N.W.T. mining camp
- Vancouver-based Snowfield Developments has been fined $40,000 and ordered to pay about $212,908 to cover the cost of cleaning up its exploration camp 60 km from Yellowknife.
- Beluga cam captures Churchill's playful, 'magical' whales
- Beluga whales are proving to be charming participants in the latest webcam project of explore.org as it livestreams the animals where the Churchill River meets Hudson Bay in northern Manitoba.