Set Taloyoak as default location
Current ConditionsThu Jul 24, 14 at 2:00 PM MDT
Sunrise: 12:00 AM
Sunset: 12:00 AM
S 15 km/h
Pressure: 101.5 kPa
A mix of sun and cloud
Summary(Celsius) Thu Jul 24, 14 at 2:00 PM MDT Thu Jul 24, 14 at 2:00 PM MDT
A mix of sun and cloud. Wind becoming south 20 km/h gusting to 40 this evening. Low 10.
Mainly sunny. Wind south 20 km/h gusting to 40. High 20. UV index 4 or moderate.
A few clouds. Low 13.
|Mainly sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Cloudy||Cloudy|
23° | 7°
73° | 45°
13° | 9°
55° | 48°
13° | 8°
55° | 46°
9° | 6°
48° | 43°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- New Body found in Mackenzie River downstream of Norman Wells
- A body was found on a sandbar in the Mackenzie River about 20 kilometres downstream of Norman Wells, N.W.T., on Wednesday, say RCMP.
- Shelves getting empty at Whitehorse Food Bank
- As supplies dwindle, clients of the Whitehorse Food Bank are getting less food. ‘The situation is pretty desperate,’ says executive director Stephen Dunbar-Edge.
- 9 injured as train derails on historic Yukon to Alaska railway
- A vintage rail company that hauls hundreds of thousands of tourists every year along the route of the historic Klondike Gold Rush has suspended operations while it investigates a derailment that injured nine people.
- Seatbelt saves man's life in N.W.T. Highway 1 rollover
- A 47-year-old man whose vehicle rolled over on N.W.T. Highway 1 on Tuesday is alive today because he was wearing his seatbelt, say police.
- N.W.T. gives final approval to Nico mine near Yellowknife
- The N.W.T. government has given final approval to Fortune Minerals' Nico project, a planned gold, cobalt, bismuth and copper mine 150 kilometres northwest of Yellowknife.