Set Taloyoak as default location
Current ConditionsTue Sep 23, 14 at 4:00 AM MDT
Feels like: -8
Feels like: 18
Sunrise: 5:58 AM
Sunset: 6:15 PM
E 9 km/h
Pressure: 101.2 kPa
Chance of flurries
Periods of snow
Summary(Celsius) Tue Sep 23, 14 at 3:00 AM MDT Tue Sep 23, 14 at 3:00 AM MDT
Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries this morning and early this afternoon. Periods of light snow beginning this afternoon. Wind becoming southeast 30 km/h this morning. High minus 2.
Periods of snow ending overnight then cloudy. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Local blowing snow with visibilities at times less than 2 kilometres this evening. Wind east 40 km/h gusting to 60. Low minus 5.
Mainly cloudy. Clearing early in the evening. Wind northeast 40 km/h gusting to 60 becoming light in the afternoon. High minus 2.
|A mix of sun and cloud||Cloudy||Cloudy||Cloudy||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
-1° | -6°
30° | 21°
-3° | -6°
27° | 21°
-6° | -9°
21° | 16°
-5° | -7°
23° | 19°
-4° | -7°
25° | 19°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Polaris Music Prize 2014: Tanya Tagaq wins $30K as jury's pick
- Nunavut-raised Inuk throat singer Tanya Tagaq has won the $30,000 Polaris Music Prize.
- Video Man says he was arrested after he asked officers for ID video
- A Yellowknife man says he is talking to city officials today after he was dragged from his vehicle, pushed to the ground and arrested by municipal enforcement officers over an alleged seatbelt infraction.
- Cargo ship from Nunavik mine to travel Northwest Passage
- A cargo ship carrying a shipment of nickel from Nunavik to China left Deception Bay, Que., on Friday to sail through the Northwest Passage.
- NWT Air founder Robert Engle dead at 91
- CBC North has confirmed that Robert Engle, the founder of NWT Air, died at his home in Vancouver on Friday morning at age 91.
- Grizzly victim identified as Kenton Novotny of Tennessee
- The man killed by a grizzly bear last week south of Norman Wells, N.W.T., has been identified as Kenton Novotny, a 53-year-old businessman from Tennessee.