Set Taloyoak as default location
Current ConditionsThu Apr 24, 14 at 12:00 AM MDT
Feels like: -31
Feels like: -24
Sunrise: 3:29 AM
Sunset: 8:56 PM
NW 26 km/h
Pressure: 102.5 kPa
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Wed Apr 23, 14 at 2:00 PM MDT Wed Apr 23, 14 at 2:00 PM MDT
Mainly cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries early this evening. Clearing this evening. Wind southwest 20 km/h becoming north 20 this evening. Low minus 22. Wind chill minus 33.
Sunny. Wind northwest 20 km/h. High minus 14. Wind chill minus 32.
Clear. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light in the evening. Low minus 24. Wind chill minus 34.
|Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
-17° | -21°
1° | -6°
-8° | -22°
18° | -8°
-8° | -15°
18° | 5°
-7° | -11°
19° | 12°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- N.W.T. seeks Fred Henne beach supervision proposals
- The N.W.T. Department of Industry, Tourism and Investment is asking for proposals for supervision at the beach at Fred Henne Territorial Park in Yellowknife.
- Igloolik, Nunavut filmmakers turn the lens on suicide
- Marie-Hélène Cousineau, co-founder of Arnait Video Productions in Igloolik, says the group is now working on a feature film called Sol, prompted by the death of a friend by suicide a year and a half ago.
- Air Tindi crash survivor/rescuer to get bravery award video
- Sheldon Catholique will receive a medal for bravery this week for saving the life of Bernice Marlowe after their Air Tindi flight crashed near Lutsel K’e in 2011.
- Yukon woman on Team Brazil at world curling championships
- A woman who immigrated from South America to the Yukon is now at the Mixed Doubles World Curling Championships in Scotland playing for Team Brazil.
- Nunavut Commissioner honours survivors of 1994 boat wreck
- It’s been 20 years since a walrus hunting trip near Iqaluit, Nunavut turned into an emergency survival situation. Now two survivors, Pitseolak Alainga and Billy Kownirk, have been recognized for their bravery.