Set Taloyoak as default location
Current ConditionsTue Sep 27, 16 at 2:00 PM MDT
Feels like: -8
Feels like: 18
Sunrise: 6:15 AM
Sunset: 5:55 PM
WNW 25 km/h
Pressure: 101.8 kPa
Chance of flurries
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Tue Sep 27, 16 at 2:00 PM MDT Tue Sep 27, 16 at 2:00 PM MDT
Mainly cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Wind northwest 30 km/h becoming light early this evening. Wind becoming southeast 20 overnight. Low minus 2.
Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries in the morning and early in the afternoon. Snow beginning in the afternoon. Amount 2 cm. Wind east 40 km/h gusting to 60. High plus 2.
Snow at times mixed with rain. Snowfall amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind east 30 km/h gusting to 50. Temperature steady near plus 1.
|Chance of flurries||Periods of snow or rain||Cloudy||Cloudy||Cloudy||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Inuit organizations to intervene in Supreme Court seismic testing appeal
- Three Inuit organizations have been granted intervenor status in the upcoming appeal to Canada’s Supreme Court over seismic testing in Davis Strait and Baffin Bay.
- Yukon's royal carver: First Nations artist makes gift for Prince William
- Keith Wolfe Smarch of Carcross is no stranger to the British royal family: in 2001, he presented a carved mask to Prince Charles in Yukon. On Wednesday, he'll meet Prince William. 'Maybe he can say hi to his father for me.'
- Tuk mayor pens letter of concern about 'insufficient' barge recovery
- The mayor of Tuktoyaktuk is sounding off about the efforts, or lack thereof, to recover a grounded barge about 25 kilometres north of the community — and he says it's a warning that they're not prepared for disasters at sea.
- Gahcho Kué food contract terminated days after mine opens
- Just days after the grand opening of Gahcho Kué Diamond Mine, a key contractor on site has terminated its contract with De Beers.
- No autopsy for Alberta woman found dead near Yukon hunting camp
- Police say the woman was reported missing from a hunting camp near Beaver Creek on Saturday. Her death is not considered suspicious.