Set Smithers as default location
Current ConditionsFri Aug 01, 14 at 10:00 PM PDT
Sunrise: 5:38 AM
Sunset: 9:32 PM
N 10 km/h
Pressure: 101.7 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Fri Aug 01, 14 at 4:00 PM PDT Fri Aug 01, 14 at 4:00 PM PDT
Clear. Low 7.
Sunny. High 32. UV index 6 or high.
Clear. Low 10.
28° | 11°
82° | 52°
26° | 13°
79° | 55°
26° | 9°
79° | 48°
25° | 8°
77° | 46°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
B.C. Weather Features
British Columbia Headlines
- Ashes of Korean War veteran Walter Peters stolen in Burnaby video
- The family of a deceased Korean War veteran is pleading for a thief to do the right thing and return the box of ashes that was stolen in a recent break-in in Burnaby, B.C.
- Sockeye salmon season begins with limited openings
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada has announced a limited recreational fishery on the lower Fraser River starting today. The first commercial sockeye salmon fishery will open Saturday night near Campbell River.
- Recap Kevin Glenn rallies Lions late to knock off Stampeders
- The B.C. Lions came from behind to beat the Calgary Stampeders 25-24 in the CFL. The Lions improved to 3-3 and hand the Stampeders their first loss in five games this season.
- Video B.C. Day long weekend traffic outlook video
- Traffic, ferry sailing waits, but no congestion at the borders Friday afternoon
- Photos 5 Lower Mainland hikes to fall in love with this long weekend
- Karl Woll recommends The Chief, Dog Mountain, Crown Mountain, Garibaldi Lake and Joffre Lake as spectacular destinations that may hook some newbies on hiking.