Set Carcross as default location
Current ConditionsFri Dec 13, 13 at 11:00 AM PST
Feels like: -29
Feels like: -20
Sunrise: 9:56 AM
Sunset: 3:51 PM
SSE 30 km/h
Pressure: 101.1 kPa
A few flurries
Summary(Celsius) Fri Dec 13, 13 at 11:00 AM PST Fri Dec 13, 13 at 11:00 AM PST
Cloudy. A few flurries beginning early this afternoon. Amount 2 cm. Blowing snow. Wind southeast 40 km/h gusting to 60. High minus 15. Cold wind chill minus 31. Risk of frostbite.
A few flurries ending near midnight then cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries. Blowing snow. Wind southeast 40 km/h gusting to 60. Temperature rising to minus 10 by morning. Cold wind chill minus 27. Risk of frostbite.
Cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries. Blowing snow in the morning. Wind southeast 40 km/h gusting to 60. High minus 4.
|Chance of flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries||Sunny||Chance of flurries|
-5° | -6°
23° | 21°
-17° | -17°
1° | 1°
-26° | -26°
-15° | -15°
-30° | -35°
-22° | -31°
-30° | -36°
-22° | -33°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Flying uranium from Nunavut scares Saskatchewan Dene
- Areva Resources hopes to transport uranium by air to northern Saskatchewan, but the Athabasca Denesuline don't want the uranium moving through - or over - their traditional territory.
- Jessica Johnson gets 5 years for Yukon crime spree video
- Jessica Johnson, 23, was sentenced to five years in prison Thursday afternoon for her role in a violent robbery and shooting two years ago in Haines Junction, Yukon.
- Whitehorse mail carriers say postal cuts are bad decision video
- Postal workers in Whitehorse say it's a bad decision to end urban home mail delivery, after Canada Post announced it is cutting the service across Canada over the next five years, replacing it with community mailboxes.
- Yellowknife Salvation Army makes plea for toys
- So far, The Salvation Army in Yellowknife doesn't have any toys to give to the children of the families receiving Christmas food hampers.
- Analysis Race to claim High Arctic's oil resources may be a fool's mission
- While Canada is eager to establish its claim to the High Arctic seabed, some experts believe that the government is putting too much stock in reaping potential riches from such a forbidding clime.