Set Carcross as default location
Current ConditionsFri Aug 26, 16 at 1:14 AM PDT
Sunrise: 6:40 AM
Sunset: 9:21 PM
NNW 10 km/h
Pressure: 101.7 kPa
Periods of rain
Summary(Celsius) Thu Aug 25, 16 at 4:00 PM PDT Thu Aug 25, 16 at 4:00 PM PDT
Cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers this evening. Rain beginning late this evening. Amount 5 to 10 mm. Wind south 30 km/h becoming light near midnight. Wind becoming northwest 20 overnight. Low 12.
Periods of rain ending late in the afternoon then cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers. Amount 5 to 10 mm. Wind north 20 km/h. High 15.
Cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers. Wind north 20 km/h becoming light in the evening. Low 10.
|Periods of rain||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Three teens charged after RCMP execute drug warrant at Yellowknife hotel
- Three Alberta teens have been charged with drug-related offences after Yellowknife RCMP executed a drug bust at a downtown Yellowknife hotel, according to a news release sent late Thursday afternoon.
- Secret cabinet document lost at DFO during Hunter Tootoo's final days as minister
- A cabinet document, kept at the Department of Fisheries and Oceans, was lost while under former minister Hunter Tootoo's care, CBC News has learned. Staff noticed the file was missing during a routine audit five days before Tootoo resigned from cabinet in the spring.
- Stray dogs on death row in Kugluktuk may be saved
- A group of stray dogs in Kugluktuk, Nunavut, were scheduled to be destroyed if their owners did not claim them by Thursday night, but the NWT SPCA has stepped up to help save them.
- Yellowknife RCMP says emergency calls from cell phones may not go through
- RCMP are advising Yellowknife residents to call the territory's emergency number using land lines, as calls from cell phones may not go through.
- 'Terrified and ashamed': What led Ina Koe to commit fraud
- Ina Koe stole nearly $400,000 from the hamlet of Fort McPherson, N.W.T., while she was the director of finance. According to court documents, Koe had a gambling problem and her family was living 'paycheque to paycheque.'