Temiskaming Shores, ON
Set Temiskaming Shores as default location
Current ConditionsMon Aug 31, 15 at 7:00 AM EDT
UV: 6 (High)
Sunrise: 6:35 AM
Sunset: 8:03 PM
W 9 km/h
A mix of sun and cloud
Summary(Celsius) Mon Aug 31, 15 at 5:30 AM EDT Mon Aug 31, 15 at 5:30 AM EDT
Cloudy. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud this morning. High 27. UV index 6 or high.
Partly cloudy. Low 16.
A mix of sun and cloud. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h late in the morning. High 29.
|A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- podcastsNever miss another show!
- Highlights of Morning North and Points North are now available in podcast format.
- Analysis How a recession would shake up the election campaign
- Canada's latest GDP numbers will be released Tuesday and will show once and for all whether the country has been in a technical recession these past six months — which could have some surprising effects for all three major political parties.
- RCMP database on missing persons is overdue, over budget
- In 2010 the Status of Women minister, Rona Ambrose, announced a $10-million project to address the problem of missing and murdered indigenous women, including a new national database. Five years later, the database is long overdue, far over budget and has not solved any police cases to date.
- New candidates give up cash, family time to seek seat in Parliament
- Many candidates take a leave of absence in order to seek election. Incumbents have a financial advantage because they continue to collect their parliamentary paycheque.
- Alberta has lost 35,000 oilpatch jobs, petroleum producers say
- After years of struggling to find enough staff, energy companies have now shed 35,000 positions, many of them in the services sector. With energy prices still very low, more cuts are likely to come.
- Ashley Callingbull, First Nations woman, crowned Mrs. Universe video
- A 25-year-old from Alberta’s Enoch Cree Nation has become the first First Nations woman — and the first Canadian — to win the Mrs. Universe pageant.