Whale Cove, NU
Set Whale Cove as default location
Current ConditionsWed Dec 07, 16 at 4:00 AM CST
Feels like: -36
Feels like: -33
Sunrise: 9:19 AM
Sunset: 2:46 PM
N 35 km/h
A mix of sun and cloud
Summary(Celsius) Wed Dec 07, 16 at 4:00 AM CST Wed Dec 07, 16 at 4:00 AM CST
A mix of sun and cloud. Wind north 40 km/h gusting to 60. Temperature falling to minus 27 this afternoon. Wind chill minus 43.
Clear. Blowing snow with visibilities frequently less than 1 kilometre. Wind north 50 km/h gusting to 70. Temperature steady near minus 27. Wind chill minus 48.
Sunny. Blowing snow with visibilities frequently less than 1 kilometre. Wind north 60 km/h gusting to 80. Temperature steady near minus 27. Wind chill minus 46.
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Canada's barren ground caribou classified as 'threatened'
- Canada's barren ground caribou are likely to become endangered if nothing is done to help them, a new assessment suggests.
- NTI candidate: Aluki Kotierk wants Inuit to be modern, have strong identity
- 'I think that there needs to be supports for people to dream big, audacious dreams,' whether through post-secondary education or in more traditional economies, says Aluki Kotierk, one of four candidates for president of Nunavut Tunngavik Inc.
- Whitehorse's water source at risk for fuel contamination, report says
- A consultant's report says more than 70 per cent of fuel storage tanks in the area around the Riverdale aquifer pose a significant contamination risk to ground water.
- N.W.T.'s francophone school board petitions City of Yellowknife for gym funding
- Yellowknife's city councillors will begin deliberations Tuesday evening on the 2017 city budget, and the N.W.T.'s francophone school board is hoping that it will be a part of the discussion.
- The Sun at Midnight star 'filled with gratitude' after big win at Whistler film festival
- Devery Jacobs (right) was planning to skip the festival's awards ceremony until she heard from the film's director (left). 'She texted me and was like, 'It sounds like they really want you here. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.''