Whale Cove, NU
Set Whale Cove as default location
Current ConditionsFri Oct 24, 14 at 3:00 AM CDT
Feels like: -8
Feels like: 18
Sunrise: 8:19 AM
Sunset: 5:30 PM
E 41 km/h
Chance of flurries
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Fri Oct 24, 14 at 4:00 AM CDT Fri Oct 24, 14 at 4:00 AM CDT
Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Wind east 50 km/h gusting to 70. Temperature steady near minus 1.
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Wind east 50 km/h gusting to 70. Temperature steady near minus 1.
Snow ending early in the evening then cloudy. Amount 5 cm. Wind east 40 km/h gusting to 60. Temperature steady near minus 1.
|Snow||Chance of flurries||Cloudy||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
-3° | -3°
27° | 27°
-5° | -6°
23° | 21°
-9° | -9°
16° | 16°
-9° | -12°
16° | 10°
-9° | -11°
16° | 12°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Breaking Inuit group says Nunavut justice system 'failing children and youth'
- A group that represents Inuit says Nunavut's crime rate has more than doubled between 1999 and 2012, and says the region desperately needs more services for mental health.
- Christy's weather blog: A cold day in Nunavut
- What does today hold across Canada's Arctic? CBC North meteorologist Christy Climenhaga gives a cold and windy prediction...but at least one region could be above the freezing point.
- More security as Yukon legislative assembly returns
- On the first day of the fall session, the security presence at the Yukon government building was striking: Reporters were stopped and asked for their badges. People were checked as they filed into the assembly chamber.
- First Air, Canadian North airlines call off merger
- Parent companies Makivik Corporation and NorTerra announced Thursday that they have terminated discussions on merging the two Northern airlines.
- Yukon fashion designer set for Paris runway
- Sho Sho Esquiro is of Kaska and Tlingit ancestry. On Oct 31 her designs will be strutted across a Paris catwalk at the Eiffel Tower