Whale Cove, NU
Set Whale Cove as default location
Current ConditionsThu Jan 29, 15 at 10:00 AM CST
Feels like: -52
Feels like: -62
Sunrise: 8:46 AM
Sunset: 4:01 PM
WNW 22 km/h
Pressure: 101.8 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Thu Jan 29, 15 at 10:00 AM CST Thu Jan 29, 15 at 10:00 AM CST
Sunny. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50. High minus 35. Extreme wind chill minus 55.
Clear. Wind northwest 20 km/h. Low minus 40. Extreme wind chill minus 56.
Sunny. Blizzard developing near noon. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming north 50 gusting to 70 in the morning. High minus 31. Extreme wind chill minus 57.
-32° | -34°
-26° | -29°
-36° | -38°
-33° | -36°
-31° | -39°
-24° | -38°
-34° | -38°
-29° | -36°
-33° | -37°
-27° | -35°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- New Ross River, Yukon, students head back to class
- It's been almost two weeks since the Ross River School was shut down indefinitely. Late Wednesday, it was announced that students will be heading back to class by the end of the week.
- N.W.T. medical travel policy too strict, says deputy minister
- The territory's deputy minister of health and social services says she hopes to have a new medical travel policy in place by the end of 2015, allowing more leniency for non-medical escorts.
- Special investigators tackle dozens of Yukon drug dealing complaints
- The Yukon government's Safer Communities and Neighbourhoods unit investigated 55 complaints about drug dealing and bootlegging in 2014.
- Rink in Carmacks, Yukon, closed for season for safety reasons
- The mayor in Carmacks says some roof supports have shifted because of permafrost and the village doesn't want anybody's safety put at risk.
- Bathurst caribou: mobile no-hunting zone set up using radio collars
- The N.W.T. government has established a mobile conservation area around the the core of the Bathurst caribou herd where hunting is banned, effective this week.