Whale Cove, NU
Set Whale Cove as default location
Current ConditionsFri Jul 29, 16 at 5:00 AM CDT
UV: 4 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 4:28 AM
Sunset: 10:05 PM
SW 11 km/h
A mix of sun and cloud
Summary(Celsius) Fri Jul 29, 16 at 4:00 AM CDT Fri Jul 29, 16 at 4:00 AM CDT
A mix of sun and cloud. High 19. UV index 4 or moderate.
Partly cloudy. Becoming clear late this evening. Increasing cloudiness before morning. Wind southwest 20 km/h becoming light after midnight. Low 11.
Cloudy. Wind becoming south 30 km/h in the morning. High 14 with temperature falling to 11 in the afternoon.
|Cloudy||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Kale in the Arctic: Inside an igloo greenhouse that could inspire fresh food production in the North
- Fresh food is very costly in the North because much of it has to be flown in at great expense. But a cutting-edge, igloo-shaped greenhouse in the community of Naujaat, Nunavut, located right on the Arctic Circle, is defying the harsh climate to produce peas, kale, carrots, turnips, lettuce, tomatoes and other fresh goodies. The breakthrough could save residents a bundle.
- Inuit advisors help all-female expedition prepare for Northwest Passage snorkel relay
- An all-female expedition team is in Iqaluit meeting with Inuit advisors to prepare for a snorkel relay of the Northwest Passage in 2018 and 2019.
- Wildfire disrupts Snare hydro transmission lines to Yellowknife
- A city-wide power outage in Yellowknife this afternoon was caused by a wildfire affecting transmission lines from the Snare hydro system.
- Yukon gov't minister ignored watchdog to hand out $1.3M contract
- Government documents show that Economic Development Minister Stacey Hassard decided no competition was necessary for a major telecommunications contract.
- Yukon now has territory-wide 911 service
- The emergency service can now be accessed through any Yukon landline, or by mobile phone where cell service exists. Until now, 911 has only been available in the Whitehorse area.