Whale Cove, NU
Set Whale Cove as default location
Current ConditionsWed Jul 30, 14 at 11:00 AM CDT
UV: 5 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 4:29 AM
Sunset: 10:04 PM
S 14 km/h
Pressure: 102.0 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Wed Jul 30, 14 at 10:00 AM CDT Wed Jul 30, 14 at 10:00 AM CDT
Sunny. Wind becoming south 20 km/h early this afternoon. High 20. UV index 5 or moderate.
Clear. Wind south 20 km/h becoming light early this evening. Low 13.
Sunny. Wind becoming southeast 30 km/h early in the afternoon then light late in the evening. High 20.
|Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
13° | 10°
55° | 50°
14° | 8°
57° | 46°
13° | 7°
55° | 45°
16° | 8°
61° | 46°
15° | 8°
59° | 46°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Yellowknife should aid stranded truckers: Alex Debogorski
- Yellowknife truck driver Alex Debogorski says the lack of aid for truckers stranded in the city by Highway 3 fire closures is a missed opportunity for the city to promote itself through goodwill. Meanwhile, further
- First Nations divided on new Financial Transparency Act video
- First Nations across Canada are divided in their reactions to a federal government act that requires bands to post financial information, including salaries, online. Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development says it will "increase accountability in First Nations governance."
- Arctic cruise ship runs into engine trouble off Greenland
- Repairs to the Sea Adventurer, the ship formerly known as the Clipper Adventurer, are expected to take two weeks. The vessel was scheduled to arrive in Canada on July 30.
- NTI candidates must show criminal records check
- Nunavut Tunngavik Inc. is tightening its election rules by making everyone who runs for an executive position provide a criminal records check. But RCMP say the process to get that paperwork can take several months.
- GNWT says mould in homes doesn't pose health hazard
- The territorial health department says research has yet to establish a link between mould and health problems but according to Health Canada, there's plenty of research showing that mould causes health problems.