Set Richer as default location
Current ConditionsFri Dec 09, 16 at 2:00 PM CST
Feels like: -26
Feels like: -15
Sunrise: 8:11 AM
Sunset: 4:26 PM
W 14 km/h
Pressure: 103.8 kPa
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Fri Dec 09, 16 at 11:00 AM CST Fri Dec 09, 16 at 11:00 AM CST
Mainly cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 17. Wind chill minus 27.
Clearing. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 26. Wind chill minus 32.
A mix of sun and cloud. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 22. Wind chill minus 34.
|A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Friday will be a brighter day than we’ve seen in a while although we are still dealing with some scattered cloud and a few flurries (lakes haven’t frozen yet). Temps will struggle to get warmer than -17 in Wpg… colder outside the city, especially west. The high temp around the Brandon region will be closer to -20 degrees. Expect mid minus 20s for lows on the weekend and highs around of -20 on Saturday and a balmy -16 or so on Sunday. There is also a chance for some flurries Saturday night into Sunday morning followed by some clearing on Sunday afternoon. That system is centred south of the Trans-Canada. Then the cloud rolls back in for Sunday night with a chance for some flurries into Monday morning. The colder weather takes us right through next week. Daytime highs after Monday will be right around -20. That’s a full 10 degrees colder than normal. That’s even colder than the January normal temp for Winnipeg.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Friday: W @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Saturday: W @ 10 in the morning. Light Wind in the afternoon.
Sunday: NE @ 10 in the morning. NE @ 10 in the afternoon.
Monday: W @ 10 in the morning. W @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
- Mumps in Manitoba 12 times higher than normal
- Mumps continues to spread in Manitoba and the government is worried the problem could get worse as university students go home for the holidays.
- Police ask for tips in homicide of 46-year-old grandmother
- Manitoba RCMP are asking for help in solving a 2007 homicide case. Grandmother Charlene Ward was found dead in her Portage la Prairie home on Nov. 1, 2007.
- Human rights museum wins international award for inclusion video
- The Canadian Museum for Human Rights has won an international award for creating a place for people of all abilities.
- Osborne House's actions dangerous, disappointing, other shelter leaders say
- A former shelter in Winnipeg that's being investigated by the Canada Revenue Agency could be causing harm to women at risk, say the leaders of a national women's shelter network and another local shelter.
- Doctor who once traded drugs for sex disciplined a third time by regulator
- Winnipeg doctor Randy Raymond Allan has been disciplined for a third time by Manitoba’s physician regulatory body and handed a six-month licence suspension for misleading investigators.