Set Richer as default location
Current ConditionsThu Oct 02, 14 at 6:00 AM CDT
UV: 3 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 7:27 AM
Sunset: 7:03 PM
SW 11 km/h
Pressure: 100.8 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Thu Oct 02, 14 at 5:00 AM CDT Thu Oct 02, 14 at 5:00 AM CDT
A mix of sun and cloud. Becoming cloudy this afternoon with showers. Risk of a thunderstorm late this afternoon. High 16. UV index 3 or moderate.
Showers. Risk of a thunderstorm this evening. Amount 5 to 10 mm. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50. Low plus 3.
Showers ending early in the evening then partly cloudy. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 60 increasing to 50 gusting to 70 late in the afternoon. High plus 5.
|Showers||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
8° | 2°
46° | 36°
11° | 2°
52° | 36°
12° | 3°
54° | 37°
14° | 4°
57° | 39°
13° | 3°
55° | 37°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
We’ll enjoy a sunny start to Thursday in the southeast. It doesn’t last. Cloud rolls back in by 2pm and another band of rain pushes west to east in the late afternoon and evening. Friday morning will be chilly, rainy and windy! Winds will gust to 60 km/h through most of the day with the morning rain easing in the afternoon. We may even see a few sunny breaks later on Friday afternoon.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: SW @ 15 in the morning. S @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Friday: NW @ 40/60 in the morning. NW @ 40/60 in the afternoon.
Saturday: NW @ 20 in the morning. NW @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
- CBC's Information Radio broadcasting live from Confusion Corner
- Tune in to CBC Radio this morning, as Information Radio broadcasts live on location from Confusion Corner, one of Winnipeg's busiest intersections.
- Scrap rapid transit and improve bus service instead, says group
- What would it cost to buy 500 new buses, hire 500 new bus drivers and keep them on Winnipeg's roads for the next 10 years? It's the question a group of Winnipeggers is posing in a grassroots effort to scrap rapid transit.
- New Former Winnipegger's 'mean toddler' video goes ultra-viral
- Former Winnipegger Johanna Stein has created an internet sensation — a YouTube video she made about all the mean things toddlers say has gone ultra-viral.
- Opinion What's in a name: Indian, native, aboriginal or indigenous?
- The Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs has been joined by Anishinabek of Ontario, representing 42 First Nations, in rejecting the name 'aboriginal.' But that term and several others have not been easy to shed, writes Don Marks.
- Manitoba's child welfare system in spotlight with play about kids in care video
- Manitoba's child welfare system is certainly figuratively under the spotlight these days.