Norman Wells, NT
Set Norman Wells as default location
Current ConditionsSat Feb 25, 17 at 9:00 AM MST
Feels like: -18
Feels like: -0
Sunrise: 8:52 AM
Sunset: 6:28 PM
WNW 24 km/h
Pressure: 101.9 kPa
Periods of snow
Periods of light snow
Summary(Celsius) Sat Feb 25, 17 at 5:00 AM MST Sat Feb 25, 17 at 5:00 AM MST
Periods of snow. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind west 30 km/h. Temperature falling to minus 17 this afternoon. Wind chill minus 26 this afternoon.
Cloudy. 60 percent chance of flurries early this evening. Periods of light snow beginning after midnight. Wind west 30 km/h becoming light this evening. Low minus 20. Wind chill minus 28.
Snow. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 14. Wind chill minus 28.
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- 'Luckiest 2 guys in the Arctic' rescued by military plane training for search and rescue
- A Royal Canadian Air Force Twin Otter crew out for some search and rescue training accidentally found, and rescued, two Nunavut hunters needing help this week.
- 'The barrenlands are not a friendly place,' says N.W.T. trapper after 2 searches in 1 month
- Though searchers found Joe Black alive this week, he’s the second hunter to go missing near MacKay Lake in the past month and an Indigenous trapper warns more hunters could become lost as caribou winter further north each year and young hunters lack the training to survive.
- Canada Games Centre reopens after bomb threat
- The facility was closed early Friday afternoon, after what RCMP describe as a bomb threat. The building was inspected and police gave the all-clear a few hours later.
- Doctor of pharmacy incorporates traditional ways of learning into classroom
- He is thought to be the first Indigenous doctor of pharmacy but Jaris Swidrovich didn’t always want to go into pharmacy. He wanted to be an actor.
- Ottawa's northern representative proposes 'Indigenous protected areas' for Arctic
- Arctic environments should be conserved through a network of Indigenous protected areas that would give Inuit more control over their land, says an interim report from a high-profile northerner.