Norman Wells, NT
Set Norman Wells as default location
Current ConditionsThu Dec 05, 13 at 8:00 AM MST
Feels like: -28
Feels like: -18
Sunrise: 11:14 AM
Sunset: 3:22 PM
ESE 13 km/h
Pressure: 104.3 kPa
Periods of light snow
Summary(Celsius) Thu Dec 05, 13 at 5:00 AM MST Thu Dec 05, 13 at 5:00 AM MST
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of light snow. High minus 18.
Clearing this evening. Low minus 23.
Increasing cloudiness. 60 percent chance of light snow in the afternoon and evening. Wind becoming northwest 30 km/h in the evening. High minus 13.
|Periods of light snow||Periods of snow||Snow||Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny|
-17° | -17°
1° | 1°
-10° | -21°
14° | -6°
-18° | -19°
-0° | -2°
-23° | -25°
-9° | -13°
-25° | -28°
-13° | -18°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Yellowknife parents, teachers, talk education renewal
- About 100 people — including many teachers and parents — gathered in Yellowknife last night to learn more about plans to revamp the territory's education system.
- Sanikiluaq mulls reviving eiderdown factory
- Once a commercial source of the world's warmest down, the Nunavut hamlet of Sanikiluaq is investigating whether it could revive its community-based eiderdown factory that closed in 2005.
- In Nunavut, sealskin supply can’t meet the demand
- Government officials and Inuit organizations have been lobbying hard to get the European Union to lift its ban on seal products, but artisans living and working in Nunavut say they can't get enough seal pelts to meet the demand.
- Syphilis outbreak rages on in Nunavut
- Nunavut health officials say there have been 74 confirmed cases of the sexually-transmitted infection in Nunavut since May 2012 with new cases every week.
- Supervisor testifies at trial into mechanic's death
- Paul Bubiak, supervisor and co-owner of Integra Tire, testified Wednesday at the trial looking into the death of a mechanic at the Whitehorse tire shop.