Set Qikiqtarjuaq as default location
Current ConditionsFri Oct 24, 14 at 4:00 AM EDT
Feels like: -15
Feels like: 5
Sunrise: 7:51 AM
Sunset: 4:10 PM
NW 30 km/h
A few clouds
A mix of sun and cloud
Summary(Celsius) Thu Oct 23, 14 at 4:00 PM EDT Thu Oct 23, 14 at 4:00 PM EDT
A few clouds. Wind northwest 30 km/h becoming southwest 20 this evening. Low minus 10.
A mix of sun and cloud. Clearing in the afternoon. Wind west 30 km/h gusting to 60 becoming north 30 late in the morning. High minus 7.
Clear. Low minus 14.
|A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
-7° | -11°
19° | 12°
-8° | -11°
18° | 12°
-7° | -11°
19° | 12°
-7° | -9°
19° | 16°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Breaking Inuit group says Nunavut justice system 'failing children and youth'
- A group that represents Inuit says Nunavut's crime rate has more than doubled between 1999 and 2012, and says the region desperately needs more services for mental health.
- Christy's weather blog: A cold day in Nunavut
- What does today hold across Canada's Arctic? CBC North meteorologist Christy Climenhaga gives a cold and windy prediction...but at least one region could be above the freezing point.
- More security as Yukon legislative assembly returns
- On the first day of the fall session, the security presence at the Yukon government building was striking: Reporters were stopped and asked for their badges. People were checked as they filed into the assembly chamber.
- First Air, Canadian North airlines call off merger
- Parent companies Makivik Corporation and NorTerra announced Thursday that they have terminated discussions on merging the two Northern airlines.
- Yukon fashion designer set for Paris runway
- Sho Sho Esquiro is of Kaska and Tlingit ancestry. On Oct 31 her designs will be strutted across a Paris catwalk at the Eiffel Tower