Hall Beach, NU
Set Hall Beach as default location
Current ConditionsThu Feb 23, 17 at 5:39 AM EST
Feels like: -48
Feels like: -54
Sunrise: 8:13 AM
Sunset: 5:03 PM
NW 39 km/h
A few clouds
Summary(Celsius) Thu Feb 23, 17 at 5:00 AM EST Thu Feb 23, 17 at 5:00 AM EST
Mainly sunny. Blowing snow with visibilities at times less than 2 kilometres this morning. Wind northwest 40 km/h gusting to 60 diminishing to 20 this afternoon. Temperature falling to minus 34 this afternoon. Wind chill minus 49.
A few clouds. Wind northwest 20 km/h. Low minus 36. Wind chill minus 51.
Mainly sunny. Wind northwest 30 km/h. High minus 34. Wind chill minus 52.
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Cab of tanker truck catches fire, closing N.W.T. Highway 4 for 2 hours
- The cab of a tanker truck caught fire on N.W.T. Highway 4 Wednesday afternoon outside Yellowknife.
- Mark McDiarmid sentenced to 10 months jail for assaulting lawyer
- The Dawson City man was charged in 2014 after a scuffle in courthouse cells. On Wednesday, he was found guilty of threatening and assaulting a court appointed lawyer, but acquitted on several other charges.
- 'My dad's a survivor,' says son after Joe Black found near Murdock Lake
- 'I had a positive feeling. I knew he was going to pull through,' Chris Black told CBC News after his missing 65-year-old father was found by a helicopter.
- N.W.T. minister confident in RCMP response to unfounded sex assault cases
- The Northwest Territories' minister of justice says he's satisfied with the initial response by N.W.T. RCMP to a Globe and Mail investigation that suggested a third of all sexual assault complaints in the territory are dismissed as 'unfounded.'
- Trudeau announces review of laws related to Indigenous peoples
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced Wednesday his government has assembled a working group to review all federal laws and policies as they relate to Indigenous peoples.