Hall Beach, NU
Set Hall Beach as default location
Current ConditionsThu Dec 08, 16 at 1:00 AM EST
Feels like: -40
Feels like: -40
Sunrise: 12:00 AM
Sunset: 12:00 AM
NW 35 km/h
A few clouds
Summary(Celsius) Wed Dec 07, 16 at 4:00 PM EST Wed Dec 07, 16 at 4:00 PM EST
A few clouds. Wind northwest 40 km/h gusting to 60. Low minus 29. Wind chill minus 44.
Clear. Wind northwest 30 km/h. High minus 27. Wind chill minus 42.
Clear. Wind northwest 30 km/h. Low minus 29. Wind chill minus 43.
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Canada's cold spot: -43 C means 'business as usual' in Old Crow, Yukon
- The remote fly-in community — Yukon's northernmost — is currently Canada's coldest spot, with temperatures at -43 C and forecast to dip to –50 C on Wednesday night.
- Woodlot contaminated, Yukon woodcutter must pay cleanup costs
- Romeo Leduc was convicted in Yukon territorial court on Tuesday for ignoring fuel spillage and storage rules at his woodlot near Haines Junction, and refusing to clean oil-soaked soils and debris left behind.
- Polar bear numbers could drop a third by mid-century, says study
- Polar bear numbers could drop by more than 30 per cent by mid-century, according to a new study assessing how loss of sea ice owing to climate change will affect polar bears on a global scale.
- Nunavut hunter's caribou giveaway prompts flood of online love for elders
- When a Nunavut hunter decided to give away the meat of a whole caribou to one lucky elder in the Baffin region, a flood of love and support for elders poured out on Facebook.
- RCMP decides not to outfit officers with body-worn cameras
- The RCMP has decided not to issue body-worn cameras to general duty members. In a force-wide memo to staff that was obtained by CBC News, Deputy Commissioner Kevin Brosseau said the current technology isn't durable enough and its batteries don't last long enough.