Set Naujaat as default location
Current ConditionsFri Feb 12, 16 at 2:00 PM CST
Feels like: -49
Feels like: -56
Sunrise: 8:07 AM
Sunset: 3:51 PM
N 40 km/h
Pressure: 102.2 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Fri Feb 12, 16 at 3:00 PM CST Fri Feb 12, 16 at 3:00 PM CST
Clear. Wind north 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Temperature steady near minus 31. Wind chill minus 46.
Sunny. Wind up to 15 km/h. Temperature steady near minus 31. Wind chill minus 43.
Clear. Wind up to 15 km/h. Temperature steady near minus 31. Wind chill minus 42.
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- New Inuit groups gather suggestions for missing and murdered indigenous women inquiry process
- Inuit organizations and families of missing and murdered Inuit women and girls met in Ottawa this week to draft recommendations on an Inuit-specific approach to the inquiry.
- Yukon government urges Supreme Court not to hear Peel case
- The Yukon government is urging the Supreme Court of Canada not to hear an appeal in the Peel Watershed land use planning dispute.
- 2 out of 3 people say 'no' to Yellowknife Canada Winter Games bid
- Roughly two out of three people don't think Yellowknife should host the 2023 Canada Winter Games, according to the results of a City of Yellowknife online survey released Thursday.
- Agnico Eagle Mines delays Nunavut's Meliadine gold mine start to 2020
- Agnico Eagle Mines is looking to begin construction on a 50-km road to the Amaruq project near Baker Lake, while delaying the start-up of the Meliadine mine near Rankin Inlet.
- Point-in-time count identifies 139 homeless in Yellowknife, draws criticism
- The results of a point-in-time homeless count in Yellowknife are in, but at least one critic says the city’s survey was a 'waste of time.'