Set Thompson as default location
Current ConditionsMon Jan 26, 15 at 4:00 PM CST
Feels like: -17
Feels like: 1
Sunrise: 8:37 AM
Sunset: 4:51 PM
SSW 8 km/h
Pressure: 101.1 kPa
Chance of light snow
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Mon Jan 26, 15 at 4:00 PM CST Mon Jan 26, 15 at 4:00 PM CST
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of light snow. Temperature rising to minus 4 by morning.
Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries early in the morning. Clearing in the morning. Temperature falling to minus 18 in the afternoon.
Clear. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 28. Wind chill minus 36.
|Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
-21° | -28°
-6° | -18°
-23° | -28°
-9° | -18°
-27° | -36°
-17° | -33°
-28° | -36°
-18° | -33°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Sure would be nice to see some sunshine after a fairly cloudy weekend. Unless you are in the extreme southwest corner of the province…. it’ll be a rather dull day. Some of that clear sky may work it’s way east this afternoon. There isn’t a whole lot falling out of the cloud today… the odd snow flake and maybe some freezing drizzle in the southeast corner of MB. Temps will fall gently this afternoon but rise again tomorrow to -1 in the afternoon. Wednesday brings some snow in the morning, especially through the Interlake area and southeastern Manitoba. What follows that system is a reality check as far as temperatures are concerned. Check the 7-Day Forecast on this page to see the numbers for the weekend…. a reminder that it’s still winter.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Monday: NW @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
Tuesday: S @ 20 in the morning. S @ 25/30 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: N @ 10/20 in the morning. NW @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Friday: NW @ 15 in the morning. NW @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
- Winnipeg police, RCMP mourn loss of Const. David Wynn video
- Winnipeg police and RCMP gathered on Portage Avenue and Dominion Street Monday to mourn the loss of Const. David Wynn, an officer who was killed in the line of duty in Alberta last week.
- EPC approves $3.75M penalty for convention centre debacle
- The city’s executive policy committee voted to approve a lower penalty for construction company Stuart Olson after it failed to deliver on attracting a hotel to the convention centre.
- Revised UNESCO bid submitted for Manitoba-Ontario boreal forest
- Manitoba is trying once again to get special UNESCO recognition for the boreal forest the province shares with Ontario.
- Infographic NHL playoff odds: Canadian teams' chances vary
- With the All-Star game out of the way and the "second half" of the NHL's regular season about to begin, the race for playoff spots is heating up. Find out each Canadian team's chances of making the Stanley Cup tournament in this interactive graphic from the Canadian Press.
- Portage and Main debate revisited by Winnipeg downtown committee video
- A City of Winnipeg committee is asking officials for more information about potentially reopening the intersection of Portage Avenue and Main Street to pedestrians.