Set Thompson as default location
Current ConditionsSat Feb 06, 16 at 12:00 PM CST
Feels like: -30
Feels like: -22
Sunrise: 8:17 AM
Sunset: 5:14 PM
ESE 10 km/h
Pressure: 101.4 kPa
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Sat Feb 06, 16 at 11:00 AM CST Sat Feb 06, 16 at 11:00 AM CST
Cloudy. 30 percent chance of flurries early this afternoon. Snow over western sections. Amount 2 cm over western sections. Wind becoming east 20 km/h this afternoon. High minus 20. Wind chill minus 34.
Cloudy. Snow over western sections. Amount 4 cm over western sections. Wind east 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low minus 25. Wind chill minus 32.
Cloudy. 30 percent chance of flurries in the morning and early in the afternoon. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 19. Wind chill minus 33.
|Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
We do warm up on Saturday to -2 ahead of a snowy and blustery clipper crossing the region on Sunday. Snow will intensify Saturday night and so will the wind. Sunday will not be a great day to be on highways. I’m expecting 5-7cm of snowfall but winds gusting to 60km/h on Sunday afternoon so expect visibility issues on southern Manitoba highways. On Monday we’ll see some sunshine but a falling temperature as cold, Arctic air filters southward. Temps should be at around -18 by Monday afternoon and into the mid minus 20s by Tuesday morning. Current computer models are bringing more flurries in on Wednesday and more chilly weather our way for the end of next week.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Saturday: SE @ 20/25 in the morning. S @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Sunday: NW @ 30/50 in the morning. NW @ 40/60 in the afternoon.
Monday: NW @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 25/40 in the afternoon.
- Freezing rain warnings in effect for parts of southern Manitoba
- Parts of southern Manitoba are under a freezing rain warning on Saturday.
- New Manitoba documentary explores humour in Mennonite culture
- A new film that explores humour in Mennonite culture is making its world premiere in Steinbach, Man. on Saturday afternoon.
- Gary Doer leaves the building: Long career in public life ends for U.S. ambassador
- A college kid named Gary Doer had a plan to leave school for a while, get some work experience, then return to finish his degree in political science.
- Blog Lara Rae learns the foundations of makeup
- As she goes through her transition, Lara Rae is learning many new skills. This week, she explains why she's come to love the ritual of applying makeup.
- Opinion Snow removal — more precisely, lack of snow removal — carries hidden costs
- When I heard the city’s decision to stick with the status quo when it came to snow removal, I wondered if we were prioritizing the right things.