Set Thompson as default location
Current ConditionsMon Feb 08, 16 at 1:00 PM CST
Feels like: -28
Feels like: -18
Sunrise: 8:13 AM
Sunset: 5:18 PM
WNW 18 km/h
Pressure: 102.8 kPa
Chance of flurries
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Mon Feb 08, 16 at 12:40 PM CST Mon Feb 08, 16 at 12:40 PM CST
A mix of sun and cloud with 60 percent chance of flurries. Wind up to 15 km/h. Temperature falling to minus 26 this afternoon. Wind chill minus 35.
Partly cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 32. Wind chill minus 39.
A mix of sun and cloud. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 22. Wind chill minus 38.
|A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Chance of flurries|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
We still have some drifting snow in open areas across the south today. Winds will start to drop off this evening but the temperature will also drop. Expect a mainly sunny Tuesday with an early morning temperature at -24 and an afternoon high only reaching -19 (10 degrees colder than normal). There is a band of snow moving through the southwest Tuesday night into Wednesday morning but it looks like it will track west of the Red River Valley. Winnipeg is right on the edge of that snow which moves south of the international border early Wednesday leaving behind a mix of sun and cloud. Thursday through Saturday are fairly sunny but cold. Temps will be several degrees below the seasonal normals.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Monday: NW @ 30/40 in the afternoon.
Tuesday: NW @ 15/20 in the morning. NW @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: SE @ 15/20 in the morning. NE @ 10 in the afternoon.
Thursday: Light Wind in the morning. NW @ 15/20 in the afternoon.
- Updated 'Tremendous anger' in Winnipeg, pre-inquiry meeting with MMIW families hears video
- Manitoba families of murdered and missing indigenous women let their voices be heard loud and clear on Monday, ahead of a national MMIW inquiry.
- Ride Time car dealership hopes reward helps stop petty crimes in Winnipeg
- Ride Time co-owner Andrew MacIver says he'll pay $5,000 to anyone with information about who stole a used tailgate off a truck at his Oakpoint Highway dealership Friday night.
- Lake Winnipeg ice fisherman stuck in storm rescued by guide
- A first-time ice fisherman was stuck on Lake Winnipeg for almost five hours in the blizzard-like conditions on Sunday — a problem caused by inexperience and lack of preparation, his rescuer says.
- Pizza Treat for the Street founder knows homelessness too well video
- Crystal Anderson was driving through Osborne Village with friends when she noticed three people sitting on the side of the street holding a sign that said they were hungry.
- REVIEW AyckbournFest offers mixed bag of comedic treats
- He’s been knighted, received a Tony Award for lifetime achievement and written nearly 80 plays. And now, prolific British playwright Alan Ayckbourn is the subject of the Royal MTC's 16th annual Master Playwright Festival. Here’s a look at three AyckbournFest offerings.