Set Thompson as default location
Current ConditionsFri Dec 06, 13 at 11:00 PM CST
Feels like: -37
Feels like: -35
Sunrise: 8:45 AM
Sunset: 4:01 PM
WNW 13 km/h
Pressure: 103.3 kPa
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Fri Dec 06, 13 at 7:17 PM CST Fri Dec 06, 13 at 7:17 PM CST
Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries early this evening. Clearing this evening. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 34. Wind chill minus 43 this evening.
Sunny. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud near noon. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h near noon. High minus 23. Wind chill minus 36 in the afternoon.
Partly cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Wind southwest 20 km/h becoming light in the evening. Low minus 27. Wind chill minus 36.
-22° | -29°
-8° | -20°
-23° | -29°
-9° | -20°
-24° | -30°
-11° | -22°
-25° | -31°
-13° | -24°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Any time we are colder (or warmer) than the normal daily high or low temp by 10 degrees, it’s significant. Our daytime highs will be at least 10 degrees colder than normal for the next week or so. A strong upper trough is digging south into the U.S. and is going to be very stubborn. Wind chill warnings are likely to pop up across southern Manitoba this weekend. We’ll have a good dose of sunshine though so, if you are dressed for the weather, it should be a great weekend for getting outside. Our first -30 (here in southern Manitoba) is in my forecast for Sunday morning. In the north, it looks like a fairly sunny and cold Saturday but later in the day, some snow starts to move into the regions of Lynn Lake and Lac Brochet.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Saturday: SW @ 15 in the morning. SW @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Sunday: S @ 20 in the morning. S @ 15 in the afternoon.
Monday: SW @ 10 in the morning. S @ 20 in the afternoon.
- Winnipeg's cold snap freezes parking meters
- It's not just people that are freezing in Winnipeg's sudden deep chill — a number of parking meters are so cold, they aren't working properly.
- More Winnipeg citizens happy with police, survey says
- More Winnipeggers think the city's police officers are doing a good job, according to a survey conducted by the police service.
- 90 IT workers donate blood for baby with deadly virus video
- A group of Winnipeggers has come together to help a three-month-old girl with a deadly virus.
- Manitobans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela video
- The death of anti-apartheid icon Nelson Mandela is being mourned by many in Manitoba today, including premiers past and present and those who have ties to South Africa.
- Transgender children in Canada to get more support, expert says video
- A network of support for transgender children is growing in Canada, at clinics working to help youth transition from one gender to another.