Set Thompson as default location
Current ConditionsThu Feb 23, 17 at 5:00 PM CST
Feels like: -19
Feels like: -2
Sunrise: 7:37 AM
Sunset: 5:52 PM
NE 8 km/h
Pressure: 102.6 kPa
A few clouds
Summary(Celsius) Thu Feb 23, 17 at 4:00 PM CST Thu Feb 23, 17 at 4:00 PM CST
A few clouds. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 27. Wind chill minus 31.
Mainly sunny. Increasing cloudiness in the afternoon. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 14. Wind chill minus 32 in the morning.
Mainly cloudy. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 24. Wind chill minus 28.
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
It sure was nice to see a glimpse of the sun yesterday. We should see a little more this afternoon as clearing happens from the northwest. There are also a few flurries south of Lake Manitoba.
We really start to cool off today and into the weekend. It’s a cooler northwest flow that will help to drop temps into the mid minus teens tonight across the south. The northern sections of the province drop into the mid minus twenties again tonight.
Car washes are starting to line up as the daytime highs get back to the seasonal normal of -6 degrees. I have us at -7 on Friday and -8 on Saturday with a chance for a few flurries in the evening. The cooler, drier weather sticks around into next week.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: NW @ 20/30 in the afternoon.
Friday: N @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
Saturday: N @ 15/20 in the morning. NW @ 10 in the afternoon.
Sunday: Light Wind in the morning. SW @ 10 in the afternoon.
- Manitoba boosts funds for asylum seekers, calls on feds to step up
- Manitoba Premier Brian Pallister announced funds for refugee services Thursday and challenged the federal government to do its part for the steady stream of asylum seekers crossing into the province from the U.S.
- Video Yes We Mystic goes back to roots before SXSW, European tour video
- Yes We Mystic is going back to the band's roots with an acoustic show at The Good Will Thursday night, a tee-up to its first real step into the U.S. and a third European tour.
- Man swipes Jets collector items, 'one of a kind' jacket signed by Dale Hawerchuk
- Police are looking for a man they believe broke into a vehicle and commercial offices downtown earlier this week and made off with rare Winnipeg Jets collector items.
- Manitoba man loses fight against extradition to U.S. to face drug charges
- A Manitoba man has been ordered into custody to be extradited to the U.S. to stand trial in connection with a New York-based cross-border drug-trafficking ring.
- 'We're going to run into problems': Manitoba flood would endanger asylum seekers
- A high risk of flooding near the Manitoba border this spring has officials in Emerson worried about the dangers that will pose to a continuing stream of asylum seekers crossing into the province.