Cape Dorset, NU
Set Cape Dorset as default location
Current ConditionsSat Jan 21, 17 at 6:00 AM EST
Feels like: -28
Feels like: -18
Sunrise: 9:19 AM
Sunset: 3:16 PM
W 8 km/h
Summary(Celsius) Sat Jan 21, 17 at 5:00 AM EST Sat Jan 21, 17 at 5:00 AM EST
Sunny. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 15. Wind chill minus 26 this morning.
Increasing cloudiness this evening. Temperature steady near minus 15.
Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Blowing snow with visibilities at times less than 2 kilometres in the afternoon. Wind becoming west 40 km/h gusting to 60 early in the afternoon. High minus 12.
|Chance of flurries||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Periods of snow||Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Indigenous journey through dance kicks off Iqaluit's Alianait concert series
- Iqaluit residents are getting the chance to take a journey through dance this weekend, as the Alianait Dance and Concert series kicks off with NeoIndigenA, a performance by award-winning performer Santee Smith.
- Yukon poacher gets 6 month community sentence, $20K fine
- Jonathan Ensor, 34, was charged after conservation officers raided his home in 2015, seizing a trove of animals and animal parts that had been harvested illegally.
- Four sent to hospital after vehicle collision in Whitehorse
- RCMP say a vehicle reportedly lost control on the Hamilton Boulevard Extension on Friday morning, hitting another vehicle in the opposing lane.
- N.W.T. Child and Family Services audits are unusable, after computer system crashes
- Data from a year’s worth of audits done on Child and Family Services in the N.W.T. has been deemed unusable, after the computer program the auditors used broke.
- Role of Inuit oral history in Franklin search highlighted in new Iqaluit exhibit
- A new exhibit in Iqaluit sheds light on the role of Inuit oral history in the search for Sir John Franklin's lost ships — and the relevance of traditional knowledge in everyday life in the territory.