Cape Dorset, NU
Set Cape Dorset as default location
Current ConditionsSun Dec 21, 14 at 10:36 PM EST
Feels like: -15
Feels like: 5
Sunrise: 10:02 AM
Sunset: 2:07 PM
SSE 13 km/h
Periods of snow
Periods of snow
Summary(Celsius) Sun Dec 21, 14 at 4:00 PM EST Sun Dec 21, 14 at 4:00 PM EST
Periods of snow. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Low minus 13.
Periods of snow. Amount 2 to 4 cm. High minus 9.
Periods of light snow ending before morning then cloudy. Low minus 18.
|Periods of snow||Sunny||Cloudy||Periods of snow||Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries|
-11° | -21°
12° | -6°
-7° | -12°
19° | 10°
-13° | -13°
9° | 9°
-16° | -16°
3° | 3°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Nutrition North food subsidy program: What went wrong
- For years, northerners have complained about Nutrition North to anyone who would listen, grumbling that the $60M annual federal food subsidy was doing little to ease their staggering grocery costs. No one, it seemed, took much notice, until last month's report from the Auditor General of Canada.
- Hay River won't renew Northland Utilities power distribution agreement
- After more than 60 years doing business together, Hay River, N.W.T., is not renewing its franchise agreement with Northlands Utilities to distribute power in the town. The mayor says it’s an issue of cost, not service.
- Holiday reading list: 5 great books by indigenous authors
- The Next Chapter's Shelagh Rogers shares five great books by indigenous authors to read this holiday season.
- Deline, RCMP partner to enforce booze rules over Christmas
- In Deline, N.W.T., RCMP are working with the Deline First Nation to reduce the amount of alcohol and illicit drugs entering the community over this holiday season, a news release says.
- Deh Gah Dog Mushers hold open class race
- For the first time in 30 years, the Deh Gah Dog Mushers Club in Fort Providence, N.W.T., is holding an open class race. That means competitors can use as many dogs as they want.