Cape Dorset, NU
Set Cape Dorset as default location
Current ConditionsWed Jul 01, 15 at 1:00 PM EDT
Sunrise: 2:42 AM
Sunset: 11:38 PM
SSW 8 km/h
Periods of rain mixed with snow
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Wed Jul 01, 15 at 11:00 AM EDT Wed Jul 01, 15 at 11:00 AM EDT
Periods of rain mixed with light snow. Fog at times. Wind south 20 km/h. High plus 3.
Cloudy with 70 percent chance of flurries and risk of freezing drizzle. Wind becoming south 20 km/h before morning. Low zero.
Snow changing to rain in the morning and ending late in the afternoon then cloudy with 30 percent chance of rain. Snowfall amount 2 cm. Wind south 30 km/h. Temperature steady near plus 2.
|Rain or snow||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||Periods of rain||Periods of rain||Periods of rain|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Canada Day events in Nunavut promise food, fun
- Communities across Nunavut are hosting a range of events, from parades and barbecues to northern favourites such as Sculpin fishing contests and Inuktitut dancing.
- Makibi Timilak death: Former Nunavut nurse calls on coroner to resign
- A former Nunavut nurse is calling on the territory's chief coroner to resign, alleging that the investigation into the death of a Cape Dorset baby three years ago was botched.
- Asian food store in Whitehorse closes
- A Whitehorse food store that caters to the Yukon Filipino community is closing down. The 'Asian Central Store' owner Ailene Gayangos says she can't compete with the large chain stores that are expanding their line of Asian foods.
- Yellowknife files electoral boundaries lawsuit against N.W.T.
- On Monday, seven residents officially joined the city in filing an N.W.T. Supreme Court lawsuit against the territorial government. The case revolves around what the city has said is an under-representation of Yellowknife in the legislative assembly.
- Hay River's Paradise Valley, Patterson Road under voluntary evacuation notice
- In a situation report issued this afternoon, the department says winds are blowing from the west 'which works in our favour.'