Set Nanisivik as default location
Current ConditionsThu Jul 31, 14 at 1:00 PM EDT
Sunrise: 12:00 AM
Sunset: 12:00 AM
ESE 22 km/h
Pressure: 101.5 kPa
Periods of rain
Summary(Celsius) Thu Jul 31, 14 at 11:00 AM EDT Thu Jul 31, 14 at 11:00 AM EDT
Periods of rain ending this afternoon then clearing. Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h late this afternoon. High 14.
Sunny. Increasing cloudiness after midnight. Wind southeast 20 km/h. Low 8.
A mix of sun and cloud. 60 percent chance of showers in the evening. Wind becoming south 30 km/h in the afternoon. High 15.
|Chance of showers||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||Cloudy|
6° | 2°
43° | 36°
7° | 5°
45° | 41°
3° | 2°
37° | 36°
7° | 2°
45° | 36°
8° | 4°
46° | 39°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Highway 3 residents asked to evacuate to Yellowknife
- The Government of the Northwest Territories is asking people living along Highway 3 between Yellowknife and kilometre 300 (just past Boundary Creek) to voluntarily evacuate to Yellowknife.
- Photos Fire in the sky: 'Apocalypse' thunderstorm rolls into Yellowknife
- Smoke followed by thunderclouds brought nightfall early to Yellowknife Wednesday. People took to social media to post photos of the skies described as everything from "eerie" to "the apocalypse."
- Canadian North plane makes emergency landing in Taloyoak
- A Canadian North Dash-8 aircraft travelling to Taloyoak, Nunavut, from Kugaaruk on Monday had to declare an emergency when one of its two engines failed.
- Yukon MLA Darius Elias fined $1K for refusing breathalyzer
- Yukon MLA Darius Elias was fined $1,000 Wednesday and banned from driving for a year for refusing to provide a breathalyzer sample to police.
- Avalon's exploration camp converted to base for fire crews
- This week, Avalon's Nechalacho exploration site is more than a mining operation. It's also a fire base camp to fight a nearby forest fire.