Set Nanisivik as default location
Current ConditionsThu Apr 24, 14 at 3:00 AM EDT
Feels like: -29
Feels like: -20
Sunrise: 4:05 AM
Sunset: 11:08 PM
ENE 15 km/h
Chance of flurries
A mix of sun and cloud
Summary(Celsius) Wed Apr 23, 14 at 4:00 PM EDT Wed Apr 23, 14 at 4:00 PM EDT
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries early this evening. Clearing this evening. Low minus 20.
A mix of sun and cloud. Wind becoming northeast 20 km/h in the morning. High minus 13.
Partly cloudy. Becoming clear near midnight. Wind northeast 20 km/h becoming light near midnight. Low minus 19. Wind chill minus 25.
|A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
-13° | -16°
9° | 3°
-13° | -15°
9° | 5°
-11° | -17°
12° | 1°
-10° | -13°
14° | 9°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- N.W.T. seeks Fred Henne beach supervision proposals
- The N.W.T. Department of Industry, Tourism and Investment is asking for proposals for supervision at the beach at Fred Henne Territorial Park in Yellowknife.
- Igloolik, Nunavut filmmakers turn the lens on suicide
- Marie-Hélène Cousineau, co-founder of Arnait Video Productions in Igloolik, says the group is now working on a feature film called Sol, prompted by the death of a friend by suicide a year and a half ago.
- Air Tindi crash survivor/rescuer to get bravery award video
- Sheldon Catholique will receive a medal for bravery this week for saving the life of Bernice Marlowe after their Air Tindi flight crashed near Lutsel K’e in 2011.
- Yukon woman on Team Brazil at world curling championships
- A woman who immigrated from South America to the Yukon is now at the Mixed Doubles World Curling Championships in Scotland playing for Team Brazil.
- Nunavut Commissioner honours survivors of 1994 boat wreck
- It’s been 20 years since a walrus hunting trip near Iqaluit, Nunavut turned into an emergency survival situation. Now two survivors, Pitseolak Alainga and Billy Kownirk, have been recognized for their bravery.