Set Nanisivik as default location
Current ConditionsWed Oct 01, 14 at 11:00 AM EDT
Feels like: -9
Feels like: 16
Sunrise: 7:58 AM
Sunset: 6:58 PM
NNW 11 km/h
Pressure: 101.1 kPa
A mix of sun and cloud
Summary(Celsius) Wed Oct 01, 14 at 11:00 AM EDT Wed Oct 01, 14 at 11:00 AM EDT
A mix of sun and cloud. Wind north 20 km/h. High minus 4.
Partly cloudy. Becoming cloudy near midnight. Wind north 20 km/h. Temperature steady near minus 7.
Cloudy. Clearing in the evening. Wind north 20 km/h becoming light in the morning. Temperature steady near minus 6.
|Clearing||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
-5° | -11°
23° | 12°
-6° | -8°
21° | 18°
-5° | -8°
23° | 18°
-5° | -6°
23° | 21°
-4° | -5°
25° | 23°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- New Collision closes N.W.T. highway between Enterprise and Hwy 3 Junction
- CBC has confirmed that a motor vehicle collision near Kakisa is behind the closure of Highway 1 between Enterprise, N.W.T., and the Highway 3 Junction.
- Internet slowdown led to risky decisions in Whitehorse ER
- A doctor who works in the Whitehorse emergency room says he couldn't sleep after making 'best guesses' at CT scan results that would normally be interpreted by a radiologist in Calgary during a territory-wide internet slowdown earlier this week.
- Walruses forced ashore en masse as sea ice melts
- Pacific walrus that can't find sea ice for resting in Arctic waters are coming ashore in record numbers on a beach in northwest Alaska.
- ‘The public is not at risk:’ Yellowknife RCMP after Grandjambe death
- RCMP in Yellowknife say there's no reason for the public to feel unsafe after 30-year-old Faye Kara Grandjambe was found unconscious in an alley Saturday morning. She was pronounced dead in hospital.
- Frieda Martselos re-elected chief of Salt River First Nation
- The runner-up candidate is considering appealing the Salt River First Nation election results after incumbent Chief Frieda Martselos was re-elected by a margin of nine votes.