Fort Smith, NT
Set Fort Smith as default location
Current ConditionsFri Oct 24, 14 at 1:26 AM MDT
Sunrise: 8:29 AM
Sunset: 5:55 PM
NW 17 km/h
Pressure: 100.0 kPa
Rain or snow
Periods of snow
Summary(Celsius) Thu Oct 23, 14 at 5:08 PM MDT Thu Oct 23, 14 at 5:08 PM MDT
Cloudy. Rain beginning early this evening then changing to snow overnight. Fog dissipating near midnight. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h overnight. Low zero.
Periods of snow. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind northwest 30 km/h. High plus 2.
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Wind west 20 km/h becoming light near midnight. Low minus 4.
|Periods of snow||Cloudy||A mix of sun and cloud||Cloudy||Cloudy||A mix of sun and cloud|
0° | -5°
32° | 23°
-1° | -5°
30° | 23°
-1° | -7°
30° | 19°
-1° | -7°
30° | 19°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Breaking Inuit group says Nunavut justice system 'failing children and youth'
- A group that represents Inuit says Nunavut's crime rate has more than doubled between 1999 and 2012, and says the region desperately needs more services for mental health.
- Christy's weather blog: A cold day in Nunavut
- What does today hold across Canada's Arctic? CBC North meteorologist Christy Climenhaga gives a cold and windy prediction...but at least one region could be above the freezing point.
- More security as Yukon legislative assembly returns
- On the first day of the fall session, the security presence at the Yukon government building was striking: Reporters were stopped and asked for their badges. People were checked as they filed into the assembly chamber.
- First Air, Canadian North airlines call off merger
- Parent companies Makivik Corporation and NorTerra announced Thursday that they have terminated discussions on merging the two Northern airlines.
- Yukon fashion designer set for Paris runway
- Sho Sho Esquiro is of Kaska and Tlingit ancestry. On Oct 31 her designs will be strutted across a Paris catwalk at the Eiffel Tower