Set Sanikiluaq as default location
Current ConditionsFri Feb 12, 16 at 5:00 PM EST
Feels like: -38
Feels like: -36
Sunrise: 7:52 AM
Sunset: 5:10 PM
S 4 km/h
Pressure: 101.9 kPa
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Fri Feb 12, 16 at 3:30 PM EST Fri Feb 12, 16 at 3:30 PM EST
Partly cloudy. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 34. Wind chill minus 46.
Mainly cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50. High minus 22. Wind chill minus 42 in the morning.
A few clouds. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50. Low minus 27.
|Chance of flurries||Sunny||Periods of snow||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- No course changes planned for 2016 Iditarod sled dog race
- Officials decided Friday there will be no course changes for this year's Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race despite a lack of snow in Anchorage.
- Yukon government urges Supreme Court not to hear Peel case
- The Yukon government is urging the Supreme Court of Canada not to hear an appeal in the Peel Watershed land use planning dispute.
- Inuit groups gather suggestions for missing and murdered indigenous women inquiry process
- Inuit organizations and families of missing and murdered Inuit women and girls met in Ottawa this week to draft recommendations on an Inuit-specific approach to the inquiry.
- 2 out of 3 people say 'no' to Yellowknife Canada Winter Games bid
- Roughly two out of three people don't think Yellowknife should host the 2023 Canada Winter Games, according to the results of a City of Yellowknife online survey released Thursday.
- Agnico Eagle Mines delays Nunavut's Meliadine gold mine start to 2020
- Agnico Eagle Mines is looking to begin construction on a 50-km road to the Amaruq project near Baker Lake, while delaying the start-up of the Meliadine mine near Rankin Inlet.