Set Sanikiluaq as default location
Current ConditionsThu Mar 30, 17 at 2:00 PM EDT
UV: 3 (Moderate)
Feels like: -13
Feels like: 9
Sunrise: 6:52 AM
Sunset: 7:51 PM
SSE 15 km/h
Pressure: 102.7 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Thu Mar 30, 17 at 4:30 AM EDT Thu Mar 30, 17 at 4:30 AM EDT
Mainly sunny. Wind becoming south 30 km/h gusting to 50 this morning. High minus 7. UV index 3 or moderate.
Increasing cloudiness early this evening. Wind south 40 km/h gusting to 60. Temperature steady near minus 7.
Cloudy. Periods of snow and blowing snow beginning in the morning. Wind south 50 km/h gusting to 70. High minus 4.
|Periods of snow and blowing snow||Chance of flurries||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Vacant federal appointments slow decision making in the North
- At least four northern boards, including the Sahtu Renewable Resources Board, are affected. The Sahtu board says decision making has slowed due to six vacant positions that require federal appointment or approval.
- Nunavut teacher says he was suspended for posting ISIS photo online
- A teacher in Coral Harbour, Nunavut, says he’s been suspended after posting a photo online of himself and an ex-girlfriend depicting an ISIS beheading.
- Dryer malfunction causes small fire in Yellowknife
- A dryer malfunction caused a small fire on Wednesday afternoon, drawing firefighters to a house on Bromley Drive in Yellowknife.
- Cutting Aurora College teacher, social work programs would 'unfairly target women,' supporters say
- Some people in Yellowknife say cutting two female-dominated programs at Aurora College would be doing a disservice to many women in the N.W.T., who rely on the programs as some of their only post-secondary options.
- Foundation problem at Whistle Bend care facility 'minor issue' contractor says
- PCL Construction says frost is to blame for the shifting foundation on part of the project in Whitehorse. The company halted work on that part of the building just about two weeks ago.