Rankin Inlet, NU
Set Rankin Inlet as default location
Current ConditionsThu Dec 12, 13 at 10:00 AM CST
Feels like: -42
Feels like: -44
Sunrise: 9:33 AM
Sunset: 2:32 PM
N 39 km/h
Pressure: 101.3 kPa
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Thu Dec 12, 13 at 10:00 AM CST Thu Dec 12, 13 at 10:00 AM CST
A mix of sun and cloud. 30 percent chance of flurries late this afternoon. Blowing snow with visibilities at times less than 2 kilometres. Wind north 40 km/h gusting to 60. High minus 27. Wind chill minus 46.
Clearing this evening. Wind north 30 km/h. Low minus 32. Wind chill minus 48.
Sunny. Blowing snow with visibilities at times less than 2 kilometres. Wind north 40 km/h gusting to 60. High minus 31. Wind chill minus 52.
-31° | -34°
-24° | -29°
-24° | -35°
-11° | -31°
-28° | -30°
-18° | -22°
-26° | -27°
-15° | -17°
-28° | -30°
-18° | -22°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Yukon College takes trades training on the road
- A semi-trailer, outfitted for classes in welding, electrical, millwright and piping, will provide professional trades training in communities and at work sites.
- Iqaluit dump still smoldering after early morning fire
- Firefighters in Iqaluit are doing work at the city's landfill to make sure parts of the dump that are still smoldering don't flare up into another blaze.
- Arctic Winter Games biathlon trials go indoors in –30 C weather
- Thirty-five biathlon athletes are arriving in Hay River today to compete at Arctic Winter Games trials, but the athletes won't be skiing and shooting outside because it’s too cold.
- Chesterfield Inlet hunter sounds alarm on gold mine
- Hunters in Chesterfield Inlet say shipping from Agnico Eagle’s Meadowbank gold mine near Baker Lake is one of the reasons they’re seeing fewer marine mammals.
- ArcticNet conference draws 100s to Halifax
- About 600 researchers, students, and scientists are in Halifax, Nova Scotia this week to share the latest research on everything from social issues to the environment in the North.