Rankin Inlet, NU
Set Rankin Inlet as default location
Current ConditionsSat Feb 13, 16 at 6:49 AM CST
Feels like: -37
Feels like: -35
Sunrise: 8:06 AM
Sunset: 4:39 PM
SSW 7 km/h
Pressure: 102.4 kPa
Chance of flurries
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Sat Feb 13, 16 at 4:00 AM CST Sat Feb 13, 16 at 4:00 AM CST
Increasing cloudiness. 30 percent chance of flurries this afternoon. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 23. Wind chill minus 48 this morning and minus 37 this afternoon.
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Wind southeast 30 km/h. Temperature steady near minus 23. Wind chill minus 36.
A mix of sun and cloud. Clearing near noon. Blowing snow with visibilities frequently less than 1 kilometre late in the morning and in the afternoon. Wind southeast 30 km/h becoming northeast 40 gusting to 60 in the morning. High minus 22. Wind chill minus 41.
|Clearing||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Designers behind .dsquaw awarded Team Canada Rio 2016 clothing contract
- Canadian fashion designers Dsquared2 will be designing Team Canada's clothing for the upcoming Rio 2016 Olympics, a move that has drawn fire from some Indigenous activists.
- Gwich'in Tribal Council seeks intervenor status in Peel case
- The Gwich'in Tribal Council is seeking intervener status in the Peel Watershed case at the Supreme Court of Canada, though it's not clear whether Canada's top court will hear the case.
- No course changes planned for 2016 Iditarod sled dog race
- Officials decided Friday there will be no course changes for this year's Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race despite a lack of snow in Anchorage.
- Inuit groups gather suggestions for missing and murdered indigenous women inquiry process
- Inuit organizations and families of missing and murdered Inuit women and girls met in Ottawa this week to draft recommendations on an Inuit-specific approach to the inquiry.
- Yukon government urges Supreme Court not to hear Peel case
- The Yukon government is urging the Supreme Court of Canada not to hear an appeal in the Peel Watershed land use planning dispute.