Rankin Inlet, NU
Set Rankin Inlet as default location
Current ConditionsMon Jan 26, 15 at 2:00 AM CST
Feels like: -38
Feels like: -36
Sunrise: 8:57 AM
Sunset: 3:45 PM
NNW 4 km/h
Pressure: 101.4 kPa
A few clouds
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Sun Jan 25, 15 at 3:00 PM CST Sun Jan 25, 15 at 3:00 PM CST
Clear. Becoming partly cloudy near midnight. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 37 with temperature rising to minus 32 by morning. Wind chill minus 48.
Increasing cloudiness early in the morning. 30 percent chance of flurries in the afternoon. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h in the morning. High minus 25. Wind chill minus 42.
Mainly cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Wind west 20 km/h becoming light in the evening. Low minus 26. Wind chill minus 38.
|Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny||Sunny|
-30° | -31°
-22° | -24°
-33° | -36°
-27° | -33°
-35° | -38°
-31° | -36°
-36° | -39°
-33° | -38°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Photos Oymyakon, Russia: the coldest place on Earth audio
- Think your winter's been cold? Photographer Amos Chapple traveled to Oymyakon, Russia, whose average temperature in January is below -50 degrees Celcius.
- Yukon pilot aims for authenticity in bush plane restoration
- Bob Cameron, who has been flying in Yukon for 54 years, has been working for about a decade restoring two aircraft and still has years to go before he's done.
- Young indigenous leaders: 5 under 30 to watch in 2015
- Big thinkers, community organizers, creators — we’ll be watching for what the next generation of indigenous leaders are getting up to in the months to come — and for other movers and shakers just like them.
- Analysis Federal election 2015: Polls signal a long and grinding road video
- If your MP seems a little downcast as she trudges back to Ottawa for the return of the House Monday, show a little sympathy. Just when all the parties are hoping for a breakthrough, the polls are bad news for everyone.
- Taekwondo helps Nunavut mother heal from son's suicide
- Eileen Kilabuk Weber, who lost her son to suicide, has taken up martial arts as a form of healing. Now she wants to introduce taekwondo to more people in her hometown of Pangnirtung, Nunavut.