Rankin Inlet, NU
Set Rankin Inlet as default location
Current ConditionsSun Jan 22, 17 at 9:00 PM CST
Feels like: -20
Feels like: -4
Sunrise: 9:05 AM
Sunset: 3:35 PM
NNE 25 km/h
Pressure: 102.2 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Sun Jan 22, 17 at 3:00 PM CST Sun Jan 22, 17 at 3:00 PM CST
Snow ending this evening then cloudy. Wind becoming northeast 30 km/h early this evening. Low minus 18. Wind chill minus 29 overnight.
Cloudy. Clearing late in the afternoon. Wind east 40 km/h gusting to 60. Temperature steady near minus 17. Wind chill minus 30.
Increasing cloudiness early in the evening. 30 percent chance of flurries overnight. Wind east 30 km/h. Temperature steady near minus 17. Wind chill minus 29.
|Clearing||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- Photos Your North: Best reader photos for week of Jan. 16
- January has brought freezing temperatures with it across the territories, but that's never stopped our intrepid community photographers from snapping incredible shots. Here are your best shots of the week from Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories.
- How one man's basement collection became 'a Canadian treasure'
- Bruce Bennett's herbarium — essentially, a collection of preserved plant specimens — has become internationally renowned for having one of the most extensive known collections of Northern plants. It's all in his cozy Whitehorse basement.
- Canada takes 2nd cross-country medal of the weekend in wild photo finish video
- Canada earned a bronze medal in the men's 4x7.5 kilometre relay on Sunday, the first time in the history of the program that Canada has reached the podium in a men's World Cup cross-country ski relay.
- UNRESERVED Colonization Road - a journey through Canada's relationship with Indigenous Peoples video
- A new documentary explores the origin of the network of streets that still exist across Canada.
- 'It all started with a pizza': How an American priest learned Inuktitut in just over 1.5 years
- She learned how to read, write, and preach in Inuktitut in just over a year-and-a-half — and it all started with a craving for a slice of cheesy, saucy, doughy goodness.