Rankin Inlet, NU
Set Rankin Inlet as default location
Current ConditionsWed Oct 01, 14 at 4:00 PM CDT
Sunrise: 7:15 AM
Sunset: 6:41 PM
E 42 km/h
Pressure: 101.2 kPa
Snow mixed with rain
Summary(Celsius) Wed Oct 01, 14 at 3:00 PM CDT Wed Oct 01, 14 at 3:00 PM CDT
Snow at times mixed with rain. Snowfall amount 5 to 10 cm. Wind east 50 km/h gusting to 70. Low zero.
Snow. Amount 5 to 10 cm. Blowing snow with visibilities frequently less than 1 kilometre in the afternoon. Wind northeast 60 km/h gusting to 80. High plus 1.
Snow. Amount 5 to 10 cm. Blowing snow with visibilities frequently less than 1 kilometre. Wind northeast 50 km/h gusting to 70. Low minus 4.
|Snow||Cloudy||Sunny||Sunny||Chance of showers||Chance of rain showers or flurries|
-3° | -6°
27° | 21°
-1° | -6°
30° | 21°
3° | -1°
37° | 30°
2° | 0°
36° | 32°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
- Photo galleryThe north lives here
- The north through your eyes
- Environment CanadaSeasonal Forecasts
- Temperature and precipitation outlook
- 'Caribou Legs' halts 3,200 km run just shy of Whitehorse
- Brad Firth, the long-distance runner known as ‘Caribou Legs,’ stopped just short of Whitehorse Tuesday after running 3,200 km run from Vancouver to raise awareness of the Peel watershed.
- Man charged with 2nd-degree murder in Pond Inlet death
- RCMP charged a Pond Inlet man with second-degree murder in connection with the death of a 43-year-old man in the community over the weekend.
- Collision near Kakisa closes N.W.T. Hwy 1
- RCMP say Highway 1 between Enterprise and the Highway 3 Junction will be closed for most of the day as they investigate a serious motor vehicle collision near Kakisa, N.W.T.
- Methane tanker rolls on Klondike Highway
- A tanker carrying 55,000 litres of methane gas rolled Tuesday night on the Klondike Highway just south of the bridge at Dawson City, Yukon.
- Updated Franklin expedition ship found in Arctic ID'd as HMS Erebus video
- The Franklin expedition ship found last month in the Arctic has been identified as HMS Erebus, Prime Minister Stephen Harper confirmed in the House of Commons today.