Set Sydney as default location
Current ConditionsMon Dec 09, 13 at 10:47 AM AST
Feels like: -10
Feels like: 14
Sunrise: 7:31 AM
Sunset: 4:15 PM
NW 15 km/h
Pressure: 103.0 kPa
Chance of flurries
Snow mixed with ice pellets
Summary(Celsius) Mon Dec 09, 13 at 11:00 AM AST Mon Dec 09, 13 at 11:00 AM AST
A mix of sun and cloud with 60 percent chance of flurries. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light this afternoon. High minus 3.
Increasing cloudiness. Snow beginning late this evening. Snow mixed with ice pellets before morning. Risk of freezing rain before morning. Snow and ice pellet amount 5 to 10 cm. Wind southeast 30 km/h gusting to 50. Temperature rising to zero by morning.
Snow mixed with ice pellets changing to rain showers and ending near noon then cloudy. A few flurries beginning in the evening. Risk of freezing rain early in the morning. Fog patches in the morning. Wind southeast 20 km/h becoming west 30 gusting to 50 in the morning. High plus 4.
|Rain showers or flurries||Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries||Sunny||Flurries|
-4° | -5°
25° | 23°
-8° | -11°
18° | 12°
-11° | -13°
12° | 9°
-6° | -11°
21° | 12°
-3° | -7°
27° | 19°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Nova Scotia Weather Features
- Environment Canada Satellite Imagery
- Latest satellite imagery for the Eastern Canada
- Environment CanadaWeather Warnings
- Public weather warnings for Nova Scotia
- Environment CanadaWeather Radar
- Latest radar imagery for Nova Scotia
- Highway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Headlines
- New No charges for officer who shot man in Dartmouth: SIRT
- No charges will be laid after an investigation by Nova Scotia’s Serious Incident Response Team into a shooting incident involving Halifax Regional Police this past summer.
- Lobster pound in Belliveau's Cove destroyed by fire
- Fire has destroyed a lobster pound in southwestern Nova Scotia.
- Halifax fire may go high-tech for faster responses
- The Halifax Fire and Emergency Service wants to review its dispatch system to see if there's a more efficient way to respond to calls.
- Medical mistake registry coming in Nova Scotia
- The Nova Scotia government is moving closer to a province-wide system of reporting medical mistakes.
- Woman seriously injured after being pinned between 2 cars
- A woman is in hospital with serious injuries after being pinned between two cars Sunday in Dartmouth.