Set Sydney as default location
Current ConditionsThu Apr 02, 15 at 6:00 AM ADT
UV: 5 (Moderate)
Feels like: -17
Feels like: 1
Sunrise: 6:40 AM
Sunset: 7:29 PM
WSW 16 km/h
Pressure: 101.0 kPa
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Thu Apr 02, 15 at 5:00 AM ADT Thu Apr 02, 15 at 5:00 AM ADT
Mainly sunny. Wind becoming west 30 km/h gusting to 50 early this morning. High minus 4. UV index 5 or moderate.
Clear this evening and after midnight then partly cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries overnight. Wind becoming south 20 km/h before morning. Low minus 9.
A few flurries changing to periods of rain near noon and ending in the evening then clearing. Risk of freezing rain near noon. Rainfall amount 5 mm. Wind south 20 km/h becoming southeast 30 gusting to 50 in the morning then southwest 20 gusting to 40 in the afternoon. High 6.
|Periods of rain or snow||Rain or snow||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries||Flurries|
1° | 0°
34° | 32°
0° | -6°
32° | 21°
-3° | -6°
27° | 21°
-1° | -9°
30° | 16°
-1° | -3°
30° | 27°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Nova Scotia Weather Features
- Environment Canada Satellite Imagery
- Latest satellite imagery for the Eastern Canada
- Environment CanadaWeather Warnings
- Public weather warnings for Nova Scotia
- Environment CanadaWeather Radar
- Latest radar imagery for Nova Scotia
- Highway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Headlines
- New Autism program review in Nova Scotia delayed again
- A provincial review into an intensive program for autistic children still has not been released to the public.
- New Macdonald Bridge in Halifax turns 60 years old video
- The Angus L. Macdonald Bridge in Halifax is celebrating a milestone on Thursday, marking 60 years since the first span across the Halifax Harbour was officially opened on April 2, 1955.
- New Peter Coade's weather synopsis for April 2, 2015
- Temperatures will be near but slightly below the normal today and well above the normal Friday then fall back to below the normal on Saturday, staying on the cool side of normal into the beginning of next week.
- Coast guard vessel Ann Harvey hits sea bottom
- Two cadets have been taken from the stranded Canadian Coast Guard vessel Ann Harvey, which struck bottom near Burgeo with crew members onboard.
- Truro year-round homeless shelter becomes a reality
- A group of volunteers in Truro has fulfilled their promise to open a year-round homeless shelter.