Set Sydney as default location
Current ConditionsThu Jul 31, 14 at 1:18 AM ADT
Feels like: 28
Feels like: 82
Sunrise: 5:41 AM
Sunset: 8:33 PM
S 15 km/h
Pressure: 102.1 kPa
Chance of showers or drizzle
Summary(Celsius) Wed Jul 30, 14 at 4:00 PM ADT Wed Jul 30, 14 at 4:00 PM ADT
Mainly cloudy. Showers beginning this evening. Amount 5 mm. Fog spreading inland this evening. Wind south 20 km/h gusting to 40. Low 18.
Showers ending in the morning then mainly cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers or drizzle. Fog retreating to the coast in the morning. Wind southwest 20 km/h. High 26 except 21 along parts of the coast. UV index 6 or high.
Showers. Amount 2 to 4 mm. Fog spreading inland in the evening. Wind southwest 20 km/h becoming light overnight. Low 18.
|Chance of showers or drizzle||Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||Cloudy||Showers||Periods of rain|
27° | 14°
81° | 57°
24° | 17°
75° | 63°
23° | 16°
73° | 61°
22° | 15°
72° | 59°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Nova Scotia Weather Features
- Environment Canada Satellite Imagery
- Latest satellite imagery for the Eastern Canada
- Environment CanadaWeather Warnings
- Public weather warnings for Nova Scotia
- Environment CanadaWeather Radar
- Latest radar imagery for Nova Scotia
- Highway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Headlines
- Northern Pulp won't be shut down despite emissions, stench
- Nova Scotia's Environment Minister says there's no question the Northern Pulp mill in Abercrombie Point is malfunctioning, but he has no intention of forcing it to shut down despite public complaints about the emissions coming from the mill.
- Lyle Howe sentenced to 3 years for sexual assault video
- A suspended Halifax lawyer convicted of sexual assault has been sentenced to three years in prison in a case that sparked protests from some who say it reflects the justice system's bias against black men.
- New Shubenacadie trail a tribute to community's generosity
- A new walking trail in Shubanacadie was officially opened to the public Wednesday.
- Dartmouth family touched by community help after EI glitch
- New parents Sarah and Justin Hunter received nerve-wracking news earlier this week when they got a letter from Service Canada stating that Sarah’s maternity employment insurance benefits were cut off six weeks early.
- Fruit flies appearing earlier due to muggy summer: zoologist
- Andrew Hebda, the curator of zoology at the Nova Scotia Museum of Natural History, said has provided a list of fruit fly facts that will help you know your enemy — and maybe win the battle against this dreaded pest of summer.