Set Sydney as default location
Current ConditionsFri Dec 09, 16 at 7:05 PM AST
Feels like: -9
Feels like: 16
Sunrise: 7:32 AM
Sunset: 4:15 PM
W 28 km/h
Pressure: 100.0 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Fri Dec 09, 16 at 4:00 PM AST Fri Dec 09, 16 at 4:00 PM AST
Flurries. Amount 2 cm. Wind west 30 km/h gusting to 50. Low minus 4.
Flurries. Amount 2 cm. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50. High minus 2.
Flurries. Amount 2 cm. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50. Low minus 6.
|Flurries||Flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||Periods of snow||Flurries||Periods of snow or rain|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Nova Scotia Weather Features
- Environment Canada Satellite Imagery
- Latest satellite imagery for the Eastern Canada
- Environment CanadaWeather Warnings
- Public weather warnings for Nova Scotia
- Environment CanadaWeather Radar
- Latest radar imagery for Nova Scotia
- Highway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Headlines
- Bay of Fundy tidal power turbine passes first environmental test
- The tidal power turbine on the floor of the Minas Passage has passed a first environmental test. Sensors needed to help gauge impact on marine life are functioning, although what conclusions can be drawn from the data is already subject of debate.
- Judson Falls, accused in Tylor McInnis's death, released from jail
- One of five people charged in connection with the death of Tylor McInnis last August has been released from jail. Judson Falls, 34, is facing a charge of unlawful confinement.
- Recovering opioid addict pushes province to reconsider detox in Nova Scotia
- The provincial health authority's shift away from inpatient detox to long-term methadone treatment for people with opioid addictions is attracting criticism.
- Cape Breton University dismisses president, votes down faculty contract
- David Wheeler is out after a unanimous vote by the school's board of governors. The board also rejected a tentative agreement the administration had reached with its faculty union.
- Halifax Fire debuting new drones to keep crews out of danger
- Twenty firefighters are learning how to operate drones and they say the technology will help them save lives in emergency situations.