Set Sydney as default location
Current ConditionsTue Aug 30, 16 at 1:00 PM ADT
UV: 7 (High)
Sunrise: 6:19 AM
Sunset: 7:44 PM
NW 39 km/h
Pressure: 101.4 kPa
A mix of sun and cloud
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Tue Aug 30, 16 at 11:00 AM ADT Tue Aug 30, 16 at 11:00 AM ADT
A mix of sun and cloud. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50. High 20. UV index 7 or high.
Partly cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers overnight. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light late this evening. Low 9.
A mix of sun and cloud. Becoming cloudy near noon with 30 percent chance of showers in the afternoon. High 23. Humidex 26.
|Chance of showers||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Nova Scotia Weather Features
- Environment Canada Satellite Imagery
- Latest satellite imagery for the Eastern Canada
- Environment CanadaWeather Warnings
- Public weather warnings for Nova Scotia
- Environment CanadaWeather Radar
- Latest radar imagery for Nova Scotia
- Highway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Headlines
- New Sydney apartment fire sends woman to hospital
- A woman has been taken to the Cape Breton Regional Hospital following a fire in a multi-unit apartment building in north end Sydney.
- Transgender and unemployed: Businesses shut doors to trans workers
- Some transgender people in Nova Scotia say they're struggling to find employment in the province, and that's forcing some into the sex trade.
- Photos Atlantic Canada is home to weird and wonderful creatures of the deep video
- The ocean is full of weird and wonderful creatures. Here are a few that frequent Atlantic Canada that you may not know about.
- Peace pact not 'done deal,' says Cape Breton expert on Colombian guerrillas
- It took four years of peace negotiations to reach a deal, but Colombians now appear evenly split over whether the pact is enough to end 52 years of guerrilla warfare, says a Cape Breton university lecturer on globalization and Latin America.
- Dogs really do understand human language, study suggests
- Scientists have found evidence to support what many dog owners have long believed: man's best friend really does understand some of what we're saying.