Set Sydney as default location
Current ConditionsWed Jan 18, 17 at 10:00 AM AST
Feels like: -11
Feels like: 12
Sunrise: 7:37 AM
Sunset: 4:45 PM
NNE 20 km/h
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Wed Jan 18, 17 at 11:00 AM AST Wed Jan 18, 17 at 11:00 AM AST
A mix of sun and cloud. 30 percent chance of flurries early this afternoon. Wind northeast 20 km/h. High minus 2.
Increasing cloudiness late this evening. Wind northeast 20 km/h becoming light after midnight. Low minus 5.
Cloudy. Periods of light snow beginning near noon. High plus 1.
|Periods of light snow||Cloudy||Cloudy||Cloudy||Sunny||Periods of rain|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Nova Scotia Weather Features
- Environment Canada Satellite Imagery
- Latest satellite imagery for the Eastern Canada
- Environment CanadaWeather Warnings
- Public weather warnings for Nova Scotia
- Environment CanadaWeather Radar
- Latest radar imagery for Nova Scotia
- Highway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Headlines
- Consumer Watchdog Bank pays up after student scammed out of $3K — twice
- When Remy Bradley contacted his bank to report losing $3,000 in a phishing scam, the Nova Scotia university student thought he would be protected from further loss. So the 19-year-old was shocked to discover another $3,000 missing from his account the following day.
- 'Don't get old without money,' says senior suffering painful dental problems
- A Sydney woman says she is suffering dental pain because she cannot afford treatment for her advanced gum disease.
- Crawling in crustaceans: Scientists study link between warmer ocean, booming lobster population
- Federal scientists are exploring connections between a warming Atlantic ocean and record lobster landings off southwestern Nova Scotia and in the Bay of Fundy.
- Renovated Sydney rec centre being torn down a 'big loss' to community
- A Sydney, N.S., building that underwent almost $400,000 in renovations before the Thanksgiving 2016 flood is being torn down Wednesday because it sustained extensive water damage during the flood.
- Dirty plastic means Nova Scotia manufacturer must import clean material from Ontario
- The co-owner of a plastic manufacturing plant in Shubenacadie says if a washing facility for recycled plastic was set up in Nova Scotia, it could encourage the creation of new businesses.