Set Gander as default location
Current ConditionsSat Jan 21, 17 at 2:30 AM NST
Feels like: -13
Feels like: 9
Sunrise: 7:52 AM
Sunset: 4:48 PM
N 27 km/h
Pressure: 100.6 kPa
Chance of flurries
Summary(Celsius) Fri Jan 20, 17 at 4:00 PM NST Fri Jan 20, 17 at 4:00 PM NST
Mainly cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries and risk of freezing drizzle. Wind becoming northeast 20 km/h this evening then north 30 gusting to 60 overnight. Low minus 6.
Cloudy. Light snow beginning in the morning. Blowing snow over exposed areas. Amount 2 cm. Wind north 40 km/h gusting to 70. Temperature steady near minus 5.
Snow ending in the evening then cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries. Blowing snow over exposed areas in the evening. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 60. Temperature steady near minus 6.
|Light snow||Flurries||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Cloudy||Cloudy|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Newfoundland Labrador Headlines
- Ryan Snoddon: Strong gusts will define this weekend's storm
- CBC Meteorologist Ryan Snoddon is tracking a winter storm that's set to bear down on the Avalon Peninsula on Friday night.
- Teen missing in St. John's ahead of winter storm
- The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary says a 17-year-old has gone missing in the St. John's area, on the day a serious winter storm is headed for the city.
- 'Ironic' the documents to find biological parents now helping prove Qalipu status audio
- One of the 100,000 or so people waiting for a decision about whether or not they are members of the Qalipu First Nation says government documents that helped him find his biological family are now helping prove his biological heritage.
- Weather Eastern region Storm Centre closures and cancellations
- Follow our Storm Centre updates for the latest on closures and cancellations in Eastern Newfoundland.
- Virtue-Moir dazzle at figure skating nationals video
- Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir announced their return to the Canadian figure skating championships with hip-swivelling, funky short program that had the crowd whistling from the opening few Prince lyrics.