Set Gander as default location
Current ConditionsMon Mar 02, 15 at 9:30 AM NST
Feels like: -14
Feels like: 7
Sunrise: 6:50 AM
Sunset: 5:52 PM
SSE 13 km/h
Pressure: 101.9 kPa
Snow and blowing snow
Snow or rain
Summary(Celsius) Mon Mar 02, 15 at 5:30 AM NST Mon Mar 02, 15 at 5:30 AM NST
Increasing cloudiness. Snow and blowing snow beginning this afternoon. Amount 2 cm. Wind south 20 km/h becoming southeast 30 gusting to 50 near noon. High minus 1.
Snow and blowing snow changing to rain or drizzle late this evening then to periods of snow after midnight. Snowfall amount 5 to 10 cm. Rainfall amount 2 mm. Wind southeast 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming southwest 30 gusting to 50 overnight. Temperature rising to plus 1 this evening then falling.
Periods of snow and blowing snow ending near noon then cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Clearing in the evening. Amount 5 cm. Wind west 50 km/h gusting to 80. Temperature falling to minus 7 in the afternoon.
|Periods of snow and blowing snow||Chance of flurries||Cloudy||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud|
-5° | -18°
23° | -0°
0° | -5°
32° | 23°
-10° | -15°
14° | 5°
-8° | -18°
18° | -0°
-5° | -12°
23° | 10°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Newfoundland Labrador Headlines
- New Heavy snow, strong winds expected in central Newfoundland
- Heavy snowfall and blowing snow is set to roll through parts of Newfoundland and Labrador on Monday, with Environment Canada advising people to postpone travel plans until the system passes.
- Papa's Pier 17, Churchill Square fixture, closes after 38 years
- Another St. John's restaurant has closed down after being open for almost four decades.
- Stuart Harvey says things haven't been easy since his wife's death
- A husband is trying to cope with the loss of his wife of more than 50 years, after she was killed in a car accident on Newfoundland's west coast two months ago.
- New On Point: Should we raise taxes to get over the budget crunch? video
- Host David Cochrane interviews labour leader Carol Furlong and Memorial University economist Wade Locke.
- Stabbing in Happy Valley-Goose Bay sends 22-year-old woman to hospital
- A man is in custody after the RCMP in Happy Valley-Goose Bay responded to a call of a stabbing Sunday morning.