Set Gander as default location
Current ConditionsTue Jan 27, 15 at 1:30 PM NST
Feels like: -19
Feels like: -2
Sunrise: 7:46 AM
Sunset: 4:56 PM
E 27 km/h
Pressure: 103.0 kPa
Snow or ice pellets
Summary(Celsius) Tue Jan 27, 15 at 11:00 AM NST Tue Jan 27, 15 at 11:00 AM NST
Mainly cloudy. Snow beginning late this afternoon. Wind becoming northeast 20 km/h gusting to 40 this afternoon. High minus 7.
Snow changing to ice pellets near midnight then to freezing rain after midnight. Snow and ice pellet amount 10 cm. Blowing snow this evening and after midnight. Wind northeast 30 km/h gusting to 50. Temperature rising to minus 1 by morning.
Freezing rain changing to periods of rain or drizzle and ending near noon then a mix of sun and cloud with 40 percent chance of rain showers. Rainfall amount 2 mm. Fog patches in the morning. Wind east 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming southwest 20 gusting to 40 near noon then light in the evening. High plus 5 with temperature falling to plus 3 in the afternoon.
|Chance of showers||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries or rain showers||Chance of flurries||Chance of flurries|
-2° | -3°
28° | 27°
-3° | -6°
27° | 21°
1° | -3°
34° | 27°
-3° | -3°
27° | 27°
-9° | -12°
16° | 10°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Newfoundland Labrador Headlines
- New Veggies with a side of reptile? Labrador woman makes gross discovery
- A woman in Churchill Falls, N.L., says she made a nasty discovery in a bag of frozen vegetables she picked up at the local grocery store.
- New Je Suis Charlie a world away: How the Charlie Hebdo attacks touched St. Pierre and Miquelon
- Almost three weeks after the bloody Charlie Hebdo attacks in France, you can still see shows of support in St. Pierre.
- New Darlene Wheeler charged with 6 counts of fraud
- A central Newfoundland woman accused by tenants of renting space in a Gander home she didn’t own is now facing criminal charges.
- New Critically ill teen airlifted to Happy Valley-Goose Bay hospital
- A search and rescue helicopter airlifted a critically ill teenager from Hopedale to hospital in Happy Valley-Goose Bay Monday night.
- Tex, wounded beagle, was Beagle Paws foster dog
- A beagle that was dragged through traffic on a busy street in the east end of St. John's Sunday was in the care of a beagle rescue group at the time.