Set Gander as default location
Current ConditionsThu Apr 27, 17 at 9:51 AM NDT
Sunrise: 5:55 AM
Sunset: 8:17 PM
NNE 25 km/h
Pressure: 102.7 kPa
Freezing rain or rain
Summary(Celsius) Thu Apr 27, 17 at 8:03 AM NDT Thu Apr 27, 17 at 8:03 AM NDT
Rain changing to freezing rain late this morning. Fog patches dissipating this morning. Rainfall amount 5 mm. Wind west 20 km/h becoming northeast 20 gusting to 40 this morning. Temperature falling to minus 2 this afternoon.
Freezing rain. Fog patches developing overnight. Wind east 20 km/h. Low minus 4 with temperature rising to minus 1 by morning.
Freezing rain changing to periods of rain in the morning. Fog patches. Rainfall amount 5 mm. Wind southeast 20 km/h becoming light in the afternoon. High plus 5.
|Periods of rain or freezing rain||Chance of showers||Chance of showers||Cloudy||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of showers|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Newfoundland Labrador Headlines
- New Socks for soldiers project keeps WWI tradition going, one foot at a time
- Women in Corner Brook knitted their way back in time by using an archival sock pattern used by the Women's Patriotic Association during the First World War.
- 'Playing politics with people's lives': Retired Crown Lands employee blasts office relocation plan
- Relocating a branch of the Department of Fisheries and Land Resources from St. John's to Corner Brook is a political move designed to benefit west coast MHAs, says a retired employee.
- Video No fine-tuning needed: National Arts Centre orchestra kicks off Canada 150 tour in St. John's video
- An Ottawa-based orchestra will begin the first leg of its Canada-wide tour at the Arts and Culture Centre in St. John's on Thursday night.
- Updated Legal dispute pits Labrador data centre against Chinese bitcoin mining equipment supplier
- A St. John's-based company that received nearly $1 million in government assistance to help expand its data centre operations in Labrador is now locked in a legal dispute with its business partner, a Hong Kong-based Bitcoin mining firm.
- Freezing rain in parts of Newfoundland closes some schools
- It's going to be a "very long duration and intense period" of freezing rain, Environment Canada warns.