Grande Prairie, AB
Set Grande Prairie as default location
Current ConditionsTue Sep 30, 14 at 5:00 AM MDT
Sunrise: 7:55 AM
Sunset: 7:35 PM
WSW 21 km/h
Pressure: 100.7 kPa
Chance of showers
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Tue Sep 30, 14 at 5:00 AM MDT Tue Sep 30, 14 at 5:00 AM MDT
A mix of sun and cloud. 30 percent chance of showers late this afternoon with risk of thunderstorms. Wind west 20 km/h gusting to 40. High 15.
Partly cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers early this evening with risk of thunderstorms. Wind west 20 km/h gusting to 40. Low plus 5.
Mainly cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers in the morning and afternoon. Showers beginning early in the evening. Wind southwest 20 km/h gusting to 50 becoming northwest 40 gusting to 60 early in the evening then light in the evening. High 8.
|Chance of showers||Sunny||Chance of showers||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud|
7° | -2°
45° | 28°
11° | -1°
52° | 30°
15° | 5°
59° | 41°
18° | 6°
64° | 43°
16° | 4°
61° | 39°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
CBC Edmonton's meteorologists
- Stephanie Barsby
- Stephanie provides weather reports for CBC News Edmonton, CBC News Edmonton at 11, Radio Active, and cbc.ca/edmonton during the weekdays.
- Cory Edel
- Cory provides weather reports for CBC News Alberta Late night, and cbc.ca/edmonton on the weekends.
Edmonton related links
- Canadian Avalanche AssociationAvalanche Bulletins
- Latest bulletins
- AMAHighway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Alberta
- New Alberta Tories breached policies on sole-source flood contracts
- Alberta’s auditor general has found the government of former premier Alison Redford breached its own policies when it handed two flood-related, sole-source contracts to Navigator Ltd., a consulting firm with close ties to Redford, current Premier Jim Prentice, and the provincial Progressive Conservative party.
- Eskimos pick up receiver Paris Jackson
- Veteran wide receiver Paris Jackson was signed by the Edmonton Eskimos on Monday, the team has announced. He has 426 catches for 5,791 yards and 31 touchdowns in 188 career games with the B.C. Lions (2003-13) and Ottawa Redblacks (2014).
- Nuit Blanche festival could soon come to Edmonton
- If approved, organizers would throw an overnight party on Oct. 3, 2015 and decorate the city’s downtown with art installations from Edmonton and around the world.
- Proposed velodrome needs $91M commitment from city
- The $111-million facility is proposed as part of the Peter Hemingway Fitness and Leisure Centre in Coronation Park.
- Derrick O’Connor sentencing pushed back
- A judge has reserved sentencing for a north Edmonton man charged with killing B.C. teen Travis Hurlbert (above) in a crash in July 2013.