Set Yarmouth as default location
Current ConditionsTue Jan 27, 15 at 1:00 PM AST
Feels like: -13
Feels like: 9
Light Freezing Rain
Sunrise: 7:47 AM
Sunset: 5:27 PM
ENE 50 km/h
Pressure: 99.4 kPa
Ice pellets mixed with freezing rain
Summary(Celsius) Tue Jan 27, 15 at 1:19 PM AST Tue Jan 27, 15 at 1:19 PM AST
Ice pellets or freezing rain. Local blowing snow. Wind northeast 50 km/h gusting to 80 except gusting to 110 along parts of the coast. High zero.
Ice pellets or freezing rain changing to a few rain showers late this evening. Rainfall amount 2 mm. Wind northeast 40 km/h gusting to 60 becoming southeast 30 gusting to 60 late this evening. Temperature rising to plus 4 this evening then falling.
A few rain showers changing to a few flurries early in the morning and ending late in the evening then clearing. Local snowfall amount 2 cm. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50. Temperature falling to minus 5 in the afternoon.
|Flurries or rain showers||Sunny||Chance of rain showers or flurries||Periods of snow or rain||A mix of sun and cloud||Flurries|
-2° | -6°
28° | 21°
2° | -5°
36° | 23°
3° | 0°
37° | 32°
-6° | -8°
21° | 18°
-6° | -8°
21° | 18°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Nova Scotia Weather Features
- Environment Canada Satellite Imagery
- Latest satellite imagery for the Eastern Canada
- Environment CanadaWeather Warnings
- Public weather warnings for Nova Scotia
- Environment CanadaWeather Radar
- Latest radar imagery for Nova Scotia
- Highway Conditions
- Before you head out, check the road conditions in Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Headlines
- Live Maritimes storm: Roads closed, flights cancelled as blizzard hits video
- Dozens of flights have been cancelled and transportation officials have shut down the Trans-Canada Highway between Moncton, N.B., and Truro, N.S., as a blizzard wreaked havoc on travel across nearly every county in Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick.
- New Juno nominees include five Nova Scotians
- Five Nova Scotia artists picked up Juno award nominations Tuesday at the nominee press conference held at the legendary Danforth Music Hall in Toronto.
- Bluenose II schooner rebuild to cost at least $20M
- The bill for the rebuild of the Bluenose II schooner has grown to nearly $20 million, according to the latest figures released on Tuesday by the Nova Scotia government.
- New Bus cancellations create havoc for Cape Breton mother of 7
- A mother of seven in Cape Breton says the Strait Regional School Board is cancelling school buses too often.
- REPLAY Peter Coade answers your questions about the Maritime storm
- CBC meteorologist Peter Coade is available to answer all of your weather-related questions in the Maritimes.